PDA

View Full Version : Black puffs of smoke, Whats it all about!?!?

jdm_eg6
06-09-2006, 03:16 PM
Hey i was just wondering why my car smelt so weird at 3500-4000RPM.. so i tied a string to the throttle body and walked to the rear of the vechicle and reved her up a lil... soo this is the scenario... Imaging stoming on your throttle and letting it go at 4,000RPM and letting it fall... sooo Vroooooo-mmmmmmm right.... imagine at the Climax of the RPM just after letting off the throttle you have a Tuft of black smoke come out...
and it comes out like a literal puff and shoots out in a tiny cloud about .25 of a foot by .25 of a foot... and dicipates.. what could this be because???

Okay and here is scenario two... at startup usually on a cold day or a day i havent driven my car for a while. When i start the car the RPMS sit at 2,000Rpm then drop to 1,000 and quickly go to 1500 then drop to 1000 again and quickly to 1250 and then back to 1000... whats the deal... and when my car is at idle... it huvers between 850-950ish.. ever soo slightly like vrrrrrrvruuuuuuvrrrrrrrvruuuuuvrrrrrrrrvrruuuuuuu but there spaced out much longer

cleancivic
06-09-2006, 03:19 PM
because you car is the next one up for a engine swap thier buddie
gsr...do it up

jdm_eg6
06-09-2006, 03:24 PM
Gasoline engines typically don't belch black smoke under sudden load, but they can if the accelerator pump is set wrong, the choke plate is partially closed, or the air filter is filthy. If everything checks out mechanically with the engine, there may be something in the drive line (like dragging brakes) that is causing excess load.

because you car is the next one up for a engine swap thier buddie
gsr...do it up

No kent! haha i dont have the cash! well i do... but still i need it for university!

Under this case should i bring it to T&T Honda to make an inspection..

dj_honda
06-09-2006, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by jdm_eg6
.. what could this be because???

Posts/Day: 8.07

its bad karma for being a postwhore and starting a thread every 2 mins.

QuasarCav
06-09-2006, 03:32 PM
Gasoline engines typically don't belch black smoke under sudden load, but they can if the accelerator pump is set wrong, the choke plate is partially closed, or the air filter is filthy. If everything checks out mechanically with the engine, there may be something in the drive line (like dragging brakes) that is causing excess load.

No kent! haha i dont have the cash! well i do... but still i need it for university!

Under this case should i bring it to T&T Honda to make an inspection..

Is your car Carbed?

jdm_eg6
hahah! iam just trying to build my account up so i can be in larger gears... by "contributing" and in the process getting help... :(

No not carbed, stock intake.... umm i hear it can be to rich but why would my PC change that?

jdm_eg6
DELETE THIS COMMENT, i copy pasted to last one.

dj_honda
06-09-2006, 03:37 PM
hahah! iam just trying to build my account up so i can be in larger gears... by "contributing" and in the process getting help... :(

its called postwhoring. didn't you get banned for this before? jdm_cvc or some shit? i wonder how long you got left......:rolleyes:

jdm_eg6
06-09-2006, 03:39 PM
No that was my buddy who got banned, he only posted for me when i had questions about my car then i personally got an account.

Thats besides the point, sorry if iam "postwhoring" ill make an attempt to slow-er down... sorry guys.

RUQUIKR
06-09-2006, 05:15 PM
Sounds like a valve seal to me, or even possibly your rings. You can do a leakdown test to find out which it is.

Supa Dexta
06-09-2006, 05:22 PM
black smoke typically means it's burning excessive fuel.. Blue smoke is oil, and white is coolant..

jdm_eg6
06-09-2006, 11:30 PM
Ty, agreed... i should get my valves done up tho!! they are definatly in need of service... Other than that its like a pop and a tiny puft of black smoke comes out..