PDA

View Full Version : Pocket PC phones

GoChris
06-10-2006, 09:08 AM
I need a new phone pretty bad. I was thinking of grabbing a pocket PC phone.

http://www.telusmobility.com/ab/pcs/handset_utstarcom_6700.shtml

this one seems decent compared to any other ones telus or bell has. does anyone know if they are any much better pocket pc phones coming out soon, as in the next month or two?

also bell seems to have the better data plans, 250mb vs 30mb on telus, so i think i'll switch...any reasons not to?

Ajay
06-10-2006, 02:22 PM
telus will be getting the motorola q pretty soon. go to phonescoop.com and search for it. it's pimp! telus has a 250 mb plan as well but it'll cost you $100 per month above your voice plan

AquamosH
06-12-2006, 12:54 AM
My dad has the UT Starcom and I wouldn't recommend it. 1/3 times I call him the phone will call me back on its own, and I can hear everything that's going on where he is.

It's extremely hard to see the screen during the day when the backlight's turned off, has no voice recognition, and it automatically displays phonebook names backwards no matter what settings you have on Outlook when you sync it (i.e. even if you ask Outlook to display the number with the first name first, the surname will appear first - there are no options to fix this on the phone itself). My dad's been considering just going back to a regular phone.

These are the experiences we've had with it, and I've read similar stories on phonescoop. If you decide to go with it, I hope it works out better for you. :)

dragonone
06-12-2006, 02:23 AM
u get what you pay for
but if ur on telus/bell then you don't have many choices
expand your choices to ones with sim cards
then the entire line of HTC products along with eten etc. you can choose from