PDA

View Full Version : Map sensors w/standalone

Mazstyle
06-10-2006, 10:44 AM
Hi guys, this question is for people with standalone systems. What kpa reading are you guys getting with the engine off. I'm getting ~87kpa's that seems a little low but we are up ~3600 ft....?

EDIT: after a bit of searching I have found this chart

http://www.sablesys.com/baro-altitude.html

Now if you look at the far right for 3500 ft it's 89.15 kPa So I guess my sensor isn't off by much if any. I'd still like to get verification from others tho.

And on a side note, does anyone know the difference between barometric and altitude pressure? because if you look at the weather network our pressure here is actually higher then vancouvers right now 101.91 vs 101.51 they must use some sort of correction that takes out the altitude and just goes by the small pressure changes created by the weather?

rage2
06-10-2006, 11:44 AM
Our pressure shown on the weather network is adjusted for elevation. I believe 100 is a "normal average" day adjusted for elevation.

h22aseller
06-15-2006, 01:17 PM
yup, there should be very few weather systems that can create a pressure greater than that at sea level when 3500 ft above it. your map reads an absolute pressure, not the corrected value that is put out by weather services.