PDA

View Full Version : Who here has a 360, how do you like it?

SLK55
06-10-2006, 07:19 PM
Im holding out for a PS3, even though its more money but it will be a lot better. After watching their demos at E3 06, Im convinced. Motion sensing controllers is where gaming is going. Also, Im not all that confident 360 will have a strong library to compete. I mean, the original XBOX library stunk and all the games on 360 are just war, 1st person shooters and PC games. There are just so many PS titles that XBOX cant even touch. Though, dont get me wrong I wouldnt mind having a 360...just not for that kind of money.:dunno:

Im dying to play PGR3, burnout, DOA4, Ridge racer though.

natejj
06-10-2006, 07:40 PM
Read this, and tell me you still want a PS3

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=133617

eblend
06-10-2006, 08:28 PM
Got one and love it. G.R.A.W is fantastic

ZEDGE
06-10-2006, 08:55 PM
It seems you have already convinced yourself the Xbox is not for you so I wont bother.

SLK55
06-11-2006, 12:11 AM
Is it true that MS only gives a 60 day warranty? If so, then thats a rip off. When you are spending that kind of coin, you should be given at least 1yr. How cheap of Microsoft.

dragonone
06-12-2006, 06:39 AM
i'm not saying that the 360 games are bad, in fact some are quite entertaining
but in regards to the ps line, there are just many foreign games that american developers can't seem to have a grasp of at all
i tend to be into those ps games

b_t
06-12-2006, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by SLK55
Is it true that MS only gives a 60 day warranty? If so, then thats a rip off. When you are spending that kind of coin, you should be given at least 1yr. How cheap of Microsoft.

How about you shut up, pay even more money for your gigantic paperweight that doesn't even really exist yet (everything PS3 was emulated at E3), and enjoy the entire three good games that are coming out for it?

Or you could get a Xbox 360, that is already established, with a large player base on Live, some great games already (oblivion is case in point, not to mention the existing Xbox library), free game demos and trailers for download, true next gen graphics at a totally reasonable price, and la de da so on so forth.. and you can get it Right Now?

asuth077
06-12-2006, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by ZEDGE
It seems you have already convinced yourself the Xbox is not for you so I wont bother.

+1

Why bother starting a thread if you are so pre-determined?

heavyD
06-12-2006, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by dragonone
but in regards to the ps line, there are just many foreign games that american developers can't seem to have a grasp of at all

One of the largest & successful Japanese developers (Capcom) is bringing their three biggest next gen games to the 360. Dead Rising, Lost Planet, & RE5. Dead Rising & Lost Planet are exclusive to 360. Tecmo also is in Microsoft's corner with Dead or Alive & Ninja Gaiden being exclusively on 360. The only Japanese exclusives on PS3 are MGS4 & Final Fantasy. MGS4 will be awesome I'm sure but Final Fantasy kind of blows IMO. Grand Theft Auto was the sole reason PS2 won the last generation and now 360 will have it the same day as it's released on PS3 which means that PS3 especially at that price will probably become a niche system that will sell in numbers lower than 360 and even Wii.

As far as lineup is concerned it isn't even close. The 360 even without the head start has a far superior lineup to PS3 for 2007. Also what E3 2006 demos convinced you that PS3 will be better???? E3 2006 was a disaster for Sony. There was no playable PS3 games (for the public) and what was there didn't look better than anything on 360. In fact as far as game content goes most obvservers agreed that 360 owned the show as Gears of War, Bioshock, & Mass Effect all won 'Game of Show' awards fairly unanimously.

I'm not biased. I just love good games. I own a 360 and will buy a PS3 but even I can see that PS3 is looking more & more like another Sony blunder. They have one good one every decade and I think PS3 will be a Betamax type miscalculation.

Xtrema
06-12-2006, 08:51 AM
I have one for 2 months now. spending on an average 1-2hr/day. No problem at all. I could care less about warranty.

You should seriously look @ Ninety Nine Nights.

http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/747/747832.html

JDM style games are coming for X360.

If PS3 doesn't make it this Christmas, you'll bet that it may lose a few more exclusive titles. Then it'll be the end of PS.

dragonone
06-12-2006, 02:42 PM
the games u listed are for the american market
i'm talking about games that won't be brought over here, if you dont' have a chance to play them or anything, than it's ur loss
ie. i'm trying to master 7 keys in beatmania IIDX red 11 on my ps2 right now
i could care less if it underperforms than the 360, ie. the wii will perform less for sure but ppl would buy it just for mario. same idea

blitz
06-12-2006, 03:23 PM
As soon as I heard GTA4 was coming out for 360 & PS3 at the same time I was sold on the 360. That's got to be a big loss for Sony.

Accord_tunerx
06-12-2006, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by natejj
Read this, and tell me you still want a PS3

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=133617 yes!

skyline19
06-12-2006, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by b_t

How about you shut up, pay even more money for your gigantic paperweight that doesn't even really exist yet (everything PS3 was emulated at E3), and enjoy the entire three good games that are coming out for it?

Or you could get a Xbox 360, that is already established, with a large player base on Live, some great games already (oblivion is case in point, not to mention the existing Xbox library), free game demos and trailers for download, true next gen graphics at a totally reasonable price, and la de da so on so forth.. and you can get it Right Now?

:werd:

Oblivion alone is the reason why the 360 is better.

I'm not trying to be biased because i own one but its hard to compare platforms when one isnt even on the market.

When the PS3 does eventually come out it will be AT MOST equal to the 360 but certainly not better.

heavyD
06-12-2006, 05:05 PM
the games u listed are for the american market
i'm talking about games that won't be brought over here, if you dont' have a chance to play them or anything, than it's ur loss
ie

Newsflash. This is North America and we aren't keen on some of the gay games that the Japanese seem to love like Karaoke games, horseracing games, & pedophile RPG's about spiked hair kids.

SLK55
06-12-2006, 07:08 PM
Ive decided Im going to get one. The only thing is, I will be buying it from EB games and they have a 1yr warranty which is over the counter for $50. The only downfall is that its a one time thing, so if you have to exchange it after the 14 days instore, you have to pay another $50 to get that 1yr back, which is kinda ummm. Is this worth it or should I just get the one through Microsoft for $26. The only thing is, if something goes wrong, there is 2 week downtime with them...but Im sure most can manage.

And also, is this plug and charge kit worth the money? Or should I just buy a rechargable battery pack. I heard the ones that come with the MS one are Ni-Cad batteries, can anyone confirm this?

I will be buying Burnout and PGR3.

SLK55
06-12-2006, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by b_t

I never was biased. I posted this to get insight from current 360 owners. This is coming from a XBOX newbie, I have never even played a single game on the original XBOX. Heck, I never even had a PS2 or PSP, so no Im not a Sony fanboy. Im just new when it comes to this stuff, and am learning how the 360 breaks down.

ZEDGE
06-12-2006, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

Newsflash. This is North America and we aren't keen on some of the gay games that the Japanese seem to love like Karaoke games, horseracing games, & pedophile RPG's about spiked hair kids.

:rofl:

Thats gold. :thumbsup:

eblend
06-12-2006, 10:03 PM

Ive decided Im going to get one. The only thing is, I will be buying it from EB games and they have a 1yr warranty which is over the counter for $50. The only downfall is that its a one time thing, so if you have to exchange it after the 14 days instore, you have to pay another $50 to get that 1yr back, which is kinda ummm. Is this worth it or should I just get the one through Microsoft for $26. The only thing is, if something goes wrong, there is 2 week downtime with them...but Im sure most can manage.

And also, is this plug and charge kit worth the money? Or should I just buy a rechargable battery pack. I heard the ones that come with the MS one are Ni-Cad batteries, can anyone confirm this?

I will be buying Burnout and PGR3.

get it at compusmart and get a smartswap, it is a one time thing as well but you can have it start only after manufactures warranty. At compusmart u get 30 days to bring it back if it brakes down early, after that u get your xbox warranty as well, and then u can have the swap whenever it goes crazy on you after all other warranties are up from manufacturer. They test it and if it does what u say it does, you get credit for a new one in store. Takes like 2 days to get it thought, but it works and u keep the warranty even if u have like 10 xboxes go bad during the ms warranty. Once you use the swap its over though, but its not Date of Purchase so you can still use ms warranty and stuff

CasperWho
06-12-2006, 10:05 PM
i got one and LOVE it
playing a game in 'hd' ruins every other system .
A+ System! :thumbsup:

AJL
06-12-2006, 11:46 PM
I got mine in December. I really like it.
To be quite honest ive never been a PS3 fan. Im a hardcore nintendo fan and switched to xbox because for a long time Nintendo had their head up their ass. (wii may change that)
The whole media aspect of xbox really puts it above as of now. Plus Xbox Live and the new and expanded extra content such as dowloadable demos, trailers, pictures, music is really cool.
The wireless controllers are amazing, one of the best controllers ive ever used, and the wireless steering wheel and headset being released later this year look pretty darn good as well.
The console is only as good as its games and the graphics are amaing on all of them. Gameplay is steller as well. PGR3, Oblivion, Advanced War Fighter, Call of Duty 2... its all good. Plus through the downloadable content you can get new cars for PGR3, new maps for COD2 and more. It adds alot more replay value to the games.
The only downfall id I wish I waited for a premium, and had a widescreen HDTV. But those arent Microsofts faults, more so mine.

dragonone
06-13-2006, 12:43 AM

care to name some? but those weren't even the ones i'm talking about:dunno: wtf's a pedophile RPG? i have no idea what you're playing man
i dont' think there even was a kareoke game in jap for ps2? there was DDR, but the kareoke revolution was made for north americans
maybe if you actually played some, you wouldn't make comments like that

BigDannyCool
06-13-2006, 03:32 AM
as for your question about the plug and charge kit and battery. you need both , the plug and charge kit is the battery and the cord that you need to recharge the battery pack. so if you have mulitiple wireless controllers, you will need the plug and charge kit, and a few battery packs.

SLK55
06-13-2006, 04:09 AM
Originally posted by eblend

get it at compusmart and get a smartswap, it is a one time thing as well but you can have it start only after manufactures warranty. At compusmart u get 30 days to bring it back if it brakes down early, after that u get your xbox warranty as well, and then u can have the swap whenever it goes crazy on you after all other warranties are up from manufacturer. They test it and if it does what u say it does, you get credit for a new one in store. Takes like 2 days to get it thought, but it works and u keep the warranty even if u have like 10 xboxes go bad during the ms warranty. Once you use the swap its over though, but its not Date of Purchase so you can still use ms warranty and stuff

Actually I just found a local ebayer selling them new for $450. So wow, what a deal...save $85 with the tax. Only thing is, if I get a lemon out of the box I will have to ship it away but eh thats ok. I'll still get the warranty through MS. Good thing, that MS doesnt require you to send in a receipt for the warranty, otherwise i wouldnt even consider this. If anything goes wrong with my unit, I could live without it for 2 weeks no biggie. Sure i would rather do an over the counter exchange, but for $50 at EB? And once and its useless? ::thumbsdow Basically how I see it with EB is, you are paying the $50 to have the freedom of getting a new one, on the spot...and same day (taking it they have stock). wait 2 weeks and MS will give you a new one for half the price and yet can be done as many times as you need. Or heck if its done within the first 6 months, its free! Wow, typing all that out just made me realize how much of a scam this EB warranty really is. if theyre warranty wasnt a one time thing, i would most likely pay the extra $25 and get it. But the last thing i need is to get the EB warranty. have a problem in say 2 months down the road, bring it in for a new one, and bam...my warranty is gone, have to spend another $50 if you want one again ppppppfff.

Or what do you dawgs think? $450+$26 I can get it new with 1yr through MS. Actually since they add it on top of the already 6 months, it would make it 1.5yrs. Heck I might not even get the ext. warranty period. 6 months is pretty damn good as is. If I buy off this guy im risking the chance of getting a lemon and cant exchange in store. But he says its new stock, so i think it should be fine. All the overheating problems should be well past by now. Plus its $85 im saving!

Or if i were to get one from EB with the warranty, its a whopping $585 with one time over the counter warranty....YIKES! THats $135 more! Could get me two more games right there :love:

Looking to buy tommorow, so advice ASAP please and thank you.:goflames::thumbsdow

So basically for the $85 more, gets me the 2 week instore warranty and receipt. Do you think it will be hard to sell later without receipt?

eblend
06-13-2006, 07:54 AM
I wonder how they can sell it for $450. Those have cost of $490ish to the retailer, I know I work retail. Seems a little fishy but hope its okie

SLK55
06-13-2006, 05:22 PM
got my 360 :clap:

im too tired to rip it open and play it now :(

i was in eb games today, is it me or are they overpriced?

Xtrema
06-13-2006, 05:30 PM
go my 360 :clap:

im too tired to rip it open and play it now :(

i was in eb games today, is it me or are they overpriced?

Cheapest console: Walmart for $496. But they don't take returns. Most charges around $499 and would have at least 15 days return/exchange policy.

Cheapest games: Superstore, although selection is limited. Plus you can use coupon of the week to lower the cost. Like this week, they are giving $25 gas coupon for $200 purchase. So 1 wireless controller and 1 game and 1 Live kit would get your there.

SLK55
06-13-2006, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

Cheapest console: Walmart for $496. But they don't take returns. Most charges around $499 and would have at least 15 days return/exchange policy.

Cheapest games: Superstore, although selection is limited. Plus you can use coupon of the week to lower the cost. Like this week, they are giving $25 gas coupon for $200 purchase. So 1 wireless controller and 1 game and 1 Live kit would get your there.

Wal Mart doesnt give 15 day exchange? wow.

I heard Blockbuster even sells the 360 and games is that true? How are they priced?

I would never buy games from BB or FS. Why buy new when you can buy used...unless its super new.

Xtrema
06-13-2006, 06:40 PM
I havn't check Blockbuster but I don't see any used x360 games for sale. Even old lauch titles. Or may be they get picked up fast and put on Ebay. Used title is ok but make sure check the disc, I had a cracked one once.

Their retail price is no different than BB or FS. Crappy EA titles were $49.99 @ BB/FS a few weeks back with $10 GC.

Superstore is usually about $5 cheaper.

b_t
06-13-2006, 06:50 PM

care to name some? but those weren't even the ones i'm talking about:dunno: wtf's a pedophile RPG? i have no idea what you're playing man
i dont' think there even was a kareoke game in jap for ps2? there was DDR, but the kareoke revolution was made for north americans
maybe if you actually played some, you wouldn't make comments like that

man, I'm not gonna lie.. back in the SNES days, imported games were cool, but there is a very good reason these games don't come over from Japan anymore - they are too fuckin weird or just suck too hard to be localized

avow
06-13-2006, 06:52 PM
http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/672/ps3liebackend7qe4wb.jpg

SLK55
06-13-2006, 06:56 PM
I havn't check Blockbuster but I don't see any used x360 games for sale. Even old lauch titles. Or may be they get picked up fast and put on Ebay. Used title is ok but make sure check the disc, I had a cracked one once.

Their retail price is no different than BB or FS. Crappy EA titles were $49.99 @ BB/FS a few weeks back with $10 GC.

Superstore is usually about $5 cheaper.

Ya Superstore is pretty good. Most places wont match them though since they claim they are a wholesaler.

I didnt buy that dudes off ebay for $450, he never called me. So I went to London Drugs and got them to PM Future shop. Premium for $499 plus PGR3 FREE, which is pretty sweet since I was planning on getting that game anyways. Got the plug n charge cable kit, VGA cable, and Burnout. DOA4 was tempting too. I want to buy GRAW but ill wait and find a used copy, $72 is just too much. It was all $668.75 with tax.

God I cant believe I just spent that much on video games :rofl:

Xtrema
06-13-2006, 06:58 PM
wtf's a pedophile RPG? i have no idea what you're playing man

Come on, even the tamest JDM RPG feature some sort of schoolgirl upskirts. And don't get me started on anime (see sig). It's part of growing up as a Japanese (or I guess Asian in general) teenager.... :D

AJL
06-13-2006, 07:53 PM

not true.
I work at Staples and we just got Xboxs in the other day. (yes Staples is now selling xboxs)
The cost is $489.95. So cheaper then Walmart and we offer 30 day exchange. Plus for an Extra $36.99 we offer an extra year warrenty (so a year plus 90 days). An extra $79.99 gets you an extra 2 years. We work directly with Microsoft with all warrenty work, except for the fact that we cover all associated costs like shipping and repair work.
The only downfall is we only have the consoles and wireless controllers. No games.
From what im hearing and reading it sounds like Staples has the best deal going for console price and warrenty work and cost.

SLK55
06-13-2006, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by AJL

not true.
I work at Staples and we just got Xboxs in the other day. (yes Staples is now selling xboxs)
The cost is $489.95. So cheaper then Walmart and we offer 30 day exchange. Plus for an Extra $36.99 we offer an extra year warrenty (so a year plus 90 days). An extra $79.99 gets you an extra 2 years. We work directly with Microsoft with all warrenty work, except for the fact that we cover all associated costs like shipping and repair work.
The only downfall is we only have the consoles and wireless controllers. No games.
From what im hearing and reading it sounds like Staples has the best deal going for console price and warrenty work and cost.
Is Staples warranty over the counter for the year? Doubt it. Its not worth paying someone to ship it out for you when get the warranty through MS and you dont have to pay a cent. Besides they pick up from your door and new one, they dont even bother fixing them in canada.

Plus for $26 cant be beat. the only bad thing is 2 week downtime, but im sure most of us can live without it .

eblend
06-13-2006, 08:16 PM

Ya Superstore is pretty good. Most places wont match them though since they claim they are a wholesaler.

I didnt buy that dudes off ebay for $450, he never called me. So I went to London Drugs and got them to PM Future shop. Premium for $499 plus PGR3 FREE, which is pretty sweet since I was planning on getting that game anyways. Got the plug n charge cable kit, VGA cable, and Burnout. DOA4 was tempting too. I want to buy GRAW but ill wait and find a used copy, $72 is just too much. It was all $668.75 with tax.

God I cant believe I just spent that much on video games :rofl:

Congrads on your purchase. The PGR3 for free is a sweet deal its an awesome game. Graw is fantastic. Today was the first time I played in HD and let me tell you, unless you play in HD you are missing out ALOT! I had my xbox for like 2 month now and never tried it on my HDTV cuz its part of an entertainment unit and hard to get to the back to plug in the hd cables but today friend was over so we moved the tv and had 61" of pure HDTV DLP goodness! OMG what I was missing playing on a normal TV! Its simply amazing. I passed graw on normal mode and moving to hard mode now, but this game is too good to sell, I only wish they had more maps for multiplayer! Snipering people away in multiplayer mode is amazing and so fun, you tell your friend where to go and how we gonna execute and stuff, real good stuff

SLK55
06-13-2006, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by eblend

Congrads on your purchase. The PGR3 for free is a sweet deal its an awesome game. Graw is fantastic. Today was the first time I played in HD and let me tell you, unless you play in HD you are missing out ALOT! I had my xbox for like 2 month now and never tried it on my HDTV cuz its part of an entertainment unit and hard to get to the back to plug in the hd cables but today friend was over so we moved the tv and had 61" of pure HDTV DLP goodness! OMG what I was missing playing on a normal TV! Its simply amazing. I passed graw on normal mode and moving to hard mode now, but this game is too good to sell, I only wish they had more maps for multiplayer! Snipering people away in multiplayer mode is amazing and so fun, you tell your friend where to go and how we gonna execute and stuff, real good stuff

Ya Im going to hook it up to my 20.1'' LCD monitor.

Since i have my laptop connected to the LCD too via VGA, im not gonna want to have to unplug everytime going back and fourth. Is there such thing as VGA splitter, without losing any signal quality? A switch box would be nice but i was told they are like $100. There has to be a way to be able to have 2 VGA components go into my LCD at once.

kaput
06-13-2006, 09:33 PM

Xtrema
06-13-2006, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by kaput
You guys are making me want one but damn, how can you justify that kind of cash on games? What excuses do you give yourselves?

Buy it while it's hot for $75, plays for a month or two. Chuck it back on ebay to get $30 back. Work out to be $1/day, more if you want to keep it. Heck I spend more than $1 on coffee everyday.

I find most game not very replayable and very few keepers. There's always something newer to occupy my time with, so why keep them.

Xtrema
06-13-2006, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by AJL

not true.

I heard about this and OH SNAP it' on-line too but OOS!

http://www.staples.ca/ENG/Catalog/cat_sku.asp?CatIds=&webid=650547&affixedcode=WW

You can apply 2X $20 off coupon and bring it down to $449. VERY hot deal.

SLK55
06-14-2006, 01:10 AM

I find most game not very replayable and very few keepers. There's always something newer to occupy my time with, so why keep them.

That is true, but it gets very very expensive. Thats why high replay value is crucial for me. Nothing worse than blowing this money on a game, only to get tired of it the following week. trade with others as opposed to bringing it into EB, VGT, who rip you off.

Im also going to pick up NFS: MW tommorow, i was told this is real good.

Do any of you guys know the replay value of burnout? I was told its nothing great and if its anything like the PSP version. Well, I loved it but i got sick of it in 2 hours. So if thats the case, let me know and i might consider swapping it for the NFS. If not, then ill keep all three.

Xtrema
06-14-2006, 10:05 AM
The only game with replay value is BF:MC. The best value as for playing hours is Obilivin if you're into RPG.

Burnout is cool when you race on-line. The crashes are awesome to look at. Plus it should be in the EA cheap bin now, under $50.

NFS:MW gets repetitive after a while.

GRAW was fun the 1st round. It would be fun to run thru it again. On-line play is ok but I like the action on BF:MC better.

DOA4, don't have it so don't know if it's any good.

Those are I believe the 5-6 most recommended games of 360, the rest to me are just junks.

SLK55
06-14-2006, 07:24 PM
Damn, NOW the ebay dude calls me for the 360 for $450. Good thing i havent opened mine yet, havent had time. Hmmm, tempted to refund just the console and go buy his. Hmmmm....should I? I did the math and after taxes and all, it would be $45 savings buying his over the one i have now.

Hakkola
06-14-2006, 09:38 PM
Yeah, but you already have the console, and who knows what will happen with shipping etc... $45 isn't a big deal anyway, just stick with the one you have now.

SLK55
06-14-2006, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola
Yeah, but you already have the console, and who knows what will happen with shipping etc... $45 isn't a big deal anyway, just stick with the one you have now.

No hes local dude, $450 can meet up and get it :nut:

if anyone wants one, PM me and ill buy more as he has a few on him.

SLK55
06-15-2006, 04:05 AM
Aight I got a couple questions. I havent gotten around to set mine up yet.

1) Is Live needed? Im not all that much into online gaming. But can I still download updates and patches and demos and stuff without it?

2) How long in length is the orig. brand VGA cable? I was torn between getting MS brand or Mad Catz for it since the Mad Catz was $25, half the price. The lady said i wouldnt notice a single difference is that true? I also heard M.C. makes junk. $50 is pricey for a cable, so i thought if theres no difference otehr than the name, I will change it and save $25.

3) Where can I get some sort of VGA switch box, so that I can have my laptop and 360 plugged into this same LCD at the same time without having to constantly unplug this and that.

4) I will be hooking up my amplified computer speakers to it. Now since the 360 audio jacks are red and white, I was told i need a RCA to headphone adaptor to plug my speakers in. Wont that downgrade the sound to mono?

heavyD
06-15-2006, 08:18 AM
The only game with replay value is BF:MC. The best value as for playing hours is Obilivin if you're into RPG.

Burnout is cool when you race on-line. The crashes are awesome to look at. Plus it should be in the EA cheap bin now, under $50.

NFS:MW gets repetitive after a while.

GRAW was fun the 1st round. It would be fun to run thru it again. On-line play is ok but I like the action on BF:MC better.

DOA4, don't have it so don't know if it's any good.

Those are I believe the 5-6 most recommended games of 360, the rest to me are just junks.

My favorite 360 game so far is still Condemed Criminal Origins.:dunno: Call of Duty 2 was awesome as well. DOA4 is great if you are accustomed to the game as if you are a newb you will get crushed online. The PG3 'in car view' is the first real innovation in car games in years. 360 has a really good selection of games considering its only been out for seven months. PS2 didn't get a single decent title (SSX & Onimusha were okay I guess) until GT3 which was released half a year after PS2 launched. Xbox only really had Halo for the first year.

sputnik
06-15-2006, 08:43 AM

...or games about fat chicks losing weight.

Maiden Love Revolution.

http://www.clanbase.com/news.php?nid=212344

A Japanese PS2 game called "Maiden Love Revolution" has video game critics all riled up because it sends the message that only slim girls can land boyfriends.

The plot of the game sees a 220lb ex-beauty queen who wants to regain her ideal dating weight.

Players lower the character's weight through dieting and exercise. In order to beat the game, players much reach the ideal dating weight and will "win" a boyfriend.

"Maiden Love Revolution" is currently a best seller in Japan, but concerned critics say that it sends the wrong message to impressionable young Japanese girls.

http://images.fluctuat.net/l/o/loverevolution.jpg

eblend
06-15-2006, 09:10 AM
Aight I got a couple questions. I havent gotten around to set mine up yet.

1) Is Live needed? Im not all that much into online gaming. But can I still download updates and patches and demos and stuff without it?

2) How long in length is the orig. brand VGA cable? I was torn between getting MS brand or Mad Catz for it since the Mad Catz was $25, half the price. The lady said i wouldnt notice a single difference is that true? I also heard M.C. makes junk. $50 is pricey for a cable, so i thought if theres no difference otehr than the name, I will change it and save $25.

3) Where can I get some sort of VGA switch box, so that I can have my laptop and 360 plugged into this same LCD at the same time without having to constantly unplug this and that.

4) I will be hooking up my amplified computer speakers to it. Now since the 360 audio jacks are red and white, I was told i need a RCA to headphone adaptor to plug my speakers in. Wont that downgrade the sound to mono?

1. Every xbox comes with live silver but you get 1 month trial of gold. With silver u can't play online but you can still download all the content (patches, demos videos ect) with silver.

2. I doubt you will notice a difference with different cable. A cable is a cable is a cable.

3. http://www.everything2connect.com/images/VGA_Splitter.jpg find it locally or online somewhere. Just don't feed two signals into it at once, so if using xbox turn off your laptop or whatever. If you need both to be on you can get a vga switch something like this http://www.vpi.us/vpi/images/items/vopex-2v-h.jpg

4. No it won't if you get the proper STEREO cable the phone jack will do stereo no problem.

Xtrema
06-15-2006, 10:19 AM

My favorite 360 game so far is still Condemed Criminal Origins.:dunno: Call of Duty 2 was awesome as well. DOA4 is great if you are accustomed to the game as if you are a newb you will get crushed online. The PG3 'in car view' is the first real innovation in car games in years. 360 has a really good selection of games considering its only been out for seven months. PS2 didn't get a single decent title (SSX & Onimusha were okay I guess) until GT3 which was released half a year after PS2 launched. Xbox only really had Halo for the first year.

COD2 I had it on PC, so never tried on 360. Forgot to mention PGR3, nice game but I still don't find it as photorealistic as I hope for.

Games looking forward to: N3, GTA, Dead Rising.

Xtrema
06-15-2006, 10:32 AM

3) Eblend's post is about duplicators, you need a switcher.

You can either go ghetto:

http://www.cablesbyacc.com/products/catalog3lvl.cfm?product=SWH15&category=Switches
http://www.cablesbyacc.com/products/productpictures/resized/SWABH15-detail-r.jpg

or fancy:
http://www.cablesbyacc.com/products/catalog3lvl.cfm?product=CBLKVM&category=KVM%20Switches
http://www.cablesbyacc.com/products/productpictures/resized/tvsg-102b-detail-r.jpg

Of course, you don't need the PS2 connectors, but it may require to plug into PC for power feed.

4) Anything but optical connection would be stereo (2 channels). If your PC speaker set support a optical input, I suggest you go there. Otherwise, it's just stereo (the jack doesn't really matter)

heavyD
06-15-2006, 10:37 AM

COD2 I had it on PC, so never tried on 360. Forgot to mention PGR3, nice game but I still don't find it as photorealistic as I hope for.

Games looking forward to: N3, GTA, Dead Rising.

Zombies, chainsaws, in a big mall...hmmmm. Dead Rising will definately be a blast and has anyone noticed how the main character bears a striking resemblance to Ash from Evil Dead & Army of Darkness and......what's this?......it's made by one of the biggest Japanese developers and won't be on PS3.

danno
06-15-2006, 05:01 PM
360 is awsome i'm waiting for time pilots on live arcade.
other than that forza 2 and gta
ps3 will be good but not for a while, i'll wait for it's first price drop then i'll buy one

habsfan
06-15-2006, 05:24 PM
oh man dead rising looks like a seriously awesome game. i definitely want to play that

ZEDGE
06-16-2006, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by habsfan
oh man dead rising looks like a seriously awesome game. i definitely want to play that

Yea. when I first heard of it I had no interest, now this game is looking really cool.

SLK55
06-19-2006, 04:06 AM
this new table tennis is fun and addicting......still thinking if its worth a buy though. its a blast but something like ping pong i think most ppl would rather play it in real life than on the tv.

GRAW, how many hrs is the game and levels? is it easy to learn the controls? and is it mainly sniping? Ive never been into war games mainly cause i found them too complex, but i was told this is a must have. i do like shooters though.

DOA4 looks good but i would imagine fighters get boring especially single player.

eblend
06-19-2006, 07:16 AM
hey graw i thought was too complex as well before I bought it, once i got the hang of it it was good to go and it didn't take long to learn at all. very good controls. I don't know if it means anything but on single player mission style it took me (according to game counter) 18 hours of play to pass the game. I have yet to play live with it, but playing with your buds is awesome when everyone is in coop elimination, all you do is your landed in an infested area and you have to kill say 50 people to clear a stage.
its a very fun game. I too though it would be way too complex but it really is not.

SLK55
06-19-2006, 08:28 AM
looks like ill pick up graw....$70 though YIKES :rolleyes:

you guys should get the table tennis game, its a lot of fun.

The Cosworth
06-19-2006, 10:45 AM

You can buy one from the store where you got it for like 50 bucks

i got mine from eb games... then like a week before it runs out im going to utilize it and get a new one.

I love my xbox... wanted a PS3 but was underwhelmed with the reports I was reading.

wouldnt go back

Gorilla
06-19-2006, 11:19 AM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

Xtrema
06-19-2006, 11:25 AM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

SLK55
06-19-2006, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by brendankharris

You can buy one from the store where you got it for like 50 bucks

i got mine from eb games... then like a week before it runs out im going to utilize it and get a new one.

I love my xbox... wanted a PS3 but was underwhelmed with the reports I was reading.

wouldnt go back

EB warranty is a joke. Once you exchange, its over and you have to repay $50 to have the warranty again. What the heck kind of warranty is that? :rolleyes: Youre basically paying $50 to change the unit. Get 2 or 3 lemons and what do you know $150 right there. You honestly cant tell me,you pay the $50 everytime. What a cash grab, if it wasnt a one time thing, i would easily get it as I have an EB 2 mins from my house.

Even Future shop warranty is a joke, its not even over the counter, you basically pay for them to ship it out for you....and if anything it will take longer to go through them than through MS. whats the point.

MS - half the price at $26 and it goes on top of the original 3 months (unlike others who override it), and 1.5-2weeks turnaround time. 3 day ship each way and they swap it out for a new one, they dont even bother repairing. I know people in ONT. who have gotten theirs back in 3 days.

I feel EB Games are a bunch of thieves! My buddy purchased A PSP with an extended warranty. After 1 month the system had problems (no fault of EB Games) and when he returned it for an exchange, they did an exchange no problem, but told him after using it once the warranty was now voided and he needed to purchase a new one for $50. This was an extended warranty, not an exchange fee!

If I bought a new car and the tail light went out, the dealership wouldn't tell me the 50k mile warranty was now void. EB Games are THIEVES!! Don't risk your hard earned money there. Buy anywhere else.

BigBadVlad
06-20-2006, 09:10 PM
I enjoy my 360 for games in a large part due to turn it on, put disc in and playing in less than a minute. Also the Media Center capability of it is a nice bonus too. If you only have XP you can just do streaming music from your PC and pix. If you have a Media Center you can do videos and more. Combine a Media Center PC with some kind of TV capture card with the 360 and you have a nice combo for recording TV and watching it later when you want.

j0m3r
06-28-2006, 10:13 AM
G.R.A.W. is the shizznet :thumbsup:

heavyD
06-28-2006, 11:56 AM
I feel EB Games are a bunch of thieves! My buddy purchased A PSP with an extended warranty. After 1 month the system had problems (no fault of EB Games) and when he returned it for an exchange, they did an exchange no problem, but told him after using it once the warranty was now voided and he needed to purchase a new one for $50. This was an extended warranty, not an exchange fee!

EBgames are thieves. They are always pimping 'trade & save' so when you bring in a 360 release that isn't even a month old they give you $20 and put it up for sale at $55. $5 less than a new one. No wonder they want you to trade in your games.:thumbsdow

deadsoulasis
07-03-2006, 05:47 PM

Sprinter
07-19-2006, 11:17 AM
I got mine because of Halo 3... and NHL '07 :drool: , and ninety nine nights... and... oh who am I kidding 360 is pretty damn good, plus it has decent games coming out for it... I'm still gonna end up buying a PS3 though, If i can get my hands on one when it comes out

fordo_11
07-19-2006, 01:20 PM
I will end up with both in the long run (PS3 and XBOX 360), but I am not a huge XBOX (Microsoft) fan. But I finally caved and bought the XBOX earlier this spring for some of the games but I still prefer my PS2. I say it is always best to give everything a chance but really with video games you should get the system that has the majority of the games that you love. Stats and technology aside it really is about being able to play the games you love.

SLK55
07-19-2006, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by fordo_11
I will end up with both in the long run (PS3 and XBOX 360), but I am not a huge XBOX (Microsoft) fan. But I finally caved and bought the XBOX earlier this spring for some of the games but I still prefer my PS2. I say it is always best to give everything a chance but really with video games you should get the system that has the majority of the games that you love. Stats and technology aside it really is about being able to play the games you love.

I agree, Sony>MS lineup. XBOX just has too many damn PC games on there...not many exclusives and too many FPS and war games.

And yes EB games gets very annoying, cant even walk into one anymore without getting harassed 3-4 times "got any games to trade in?" :rolleyes:

heavyD
07-19-2006, 01:46 PM
I agree, Sony>MS lineup. XBOX just has too many damn PC games on there...not many exclusives and too many FPS and war games.

IMO the MS lineup is better because you won't get Mass Effect, Halo 3, Bioshock, or Gears of War which were critically acclaimed at E3 on PS3. Outside of MGS4 most decent PS3 games are available on the 360 also including GTA4.

There is some truth to the PC games comment. If you like PC games the 360 will definately be a better choice as the 360 will have more PC ports but IMO that's not a bad thing as some of the best games around are PC games. IMO the library of the PS2 was full of a bunch of mediocre Japanese games. The Japanes still make some good games but I and many others just can't get into Japanese RPG's like Final Fantasy which IMO just suck. Kids with spiked hair fighting monsters, please.:rolleyes: Sega hasn't made a great game since the early Dreamcast days (Virtua Fighter is good though). Capcom's first two next gen games are 360 exclusive (Lost Planet & Dead Rising) & RE5 will be on 360. Square games just suck to me. Tecmo is an Xbox supporter as Ninja Gaiden was one of the best last gen games.

If you love Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid, & Tekken, the PS3's for you. If not I would recommend the 360 for a better selection of QUALITY titles & not crappy Japanese filler.

viffer
07-19-2006, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Sprinter
I got mine because of Halo 3... and NHL '07 :drool: , and ninety nine nights... and... oh who am I kidding 360 is pretty damn good, plus it has decent games coming out for it... I'm still gonna end up buying a PS3 though, If i can get my hands on one when it comes out
From what I've read about NHL07, looks like I'll have to buy a 360 if I want to play the truly revamped version, NHL07 for all other platforms will be NHL06 with updated rosters. Maybe some of you nerdy types can confirm this for me. :D

modded46
07-20-2006, 10:07 AM

how long are you guys going to be grasping onto that?? This isn't 2001 and the Xbox hasn't just been released.. Sony has dropped the ball and got cocky on their supposed monopoly on the gaming industry.. Nintendo tried for years with minimal success but MS did it the right way and put a lot of money into this and has come out a clear winner.

I've had systems since the dawn of time.. Namely Atari 2600.. And nothing, I mean nothing has impressed me more with marketing, game design, speed of delivery and fresh ideas than the Xbox 360.

Xbox 360 is interesting in that they took a lot of what people were doing with the Xbox illegally and incorporating it into the 360.. Kudos for MS to reconize this is what people want where as Sony seems to bury their head in the sand and act like nothing is happening.

lexIS300
07-24-2006, 01:19 AM
i just picked one up. great machine awesome graphics. got one so i could get nhl 2007 and pgr3. but kinda angry that you actually pay for only 12 gigs and for some stupid reason i cannot change controller settings for nba live 2006. other than that im loving it.

Slashin_
07-24-2006, 01:22 AM
went to stampede, stopped by the x-box360 area
i was hooked on ping pong for 1hr.....fkin additive...good system

AzN'SKillZ
07-24-2006, 02:06 AM
i hav just tried the 360 at a friends house today. all the games he had were like war games or fps. he also had like 2-3 games that were burned because of the 360.

i hav yet to be sold on the xbox 360. guess im just not really into the war games and fps. but maybe wen halo3 comes out ill change my mind.:dunno:

Whey2Juiced
07-27-2006, 09:50 AM
^ 360 is good, I got mine wholesale for $400 at Costco. Connections- .;) Make sure you get the ext. warranty, too many have problems.

I just bring mine back and get a new one if anything goes wrong. No way id get the microsoft one, too many horror stories.;)

If anyone wants to play me on line, pm me for my gamertag

AzN'SKillZ
07-27-2006, 08:52 PM
^ whats ur warrenty like?

been hearing some shity ones out there like EB games trade ur 360 in only once.

Whey2Juiced
07-28-2006, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by AzN'SKillZ
^ whats ur warrenty like?

been hearing some shity ones out there like EB games trade ur 360 in only once.

Mine is lifetime, change for new one no questions asked.

No future crap bologne, them shipping it out to some 3rd party vendor. :rolleyes:

If you cant buy from Costco, id buy from EB games...even though theirs is one time and you have to pay it again to renew the warranty...Id still take that over Microsoft and have to settle for some refurb junk and wait two weeks for it and all the shipping, telephone hassle. I know people who have gotten bad ones from MS and had to keep shipping back...and frankly i dont have the time for that nousense.

EB, go there, over the counter for new one.