PDA

View Full Version : Quesiton about accidents

3G
06-11-2006, 12:48 AM
Hey guys my buddy got into a minor fender bender around a month ago, he put a dent in the other guys bumper and convinced him not to call the cops/go through insurance, the guy said hell call my buddy in the next week to get it fixed but he hasnt called in like a month. So my quesiton to you guys is, how long does the guy have to get it fixed? (The guy wasnt in his van, basically my friend hit a parked van)

Weapon_R
06-11-2006, 01:10 AM
2 years.

M_K_3
06-11-2006, 01:11 AM
i thought it was 4 years?

Zero102
06-11-2006, 09:23 AM
2 years to file a statement of claim, which can extend it nearly indefinately.

DayGlow
06-11-2006, 12:22 PM
if it's over a $1000 in damage you need a damage sticker to get your vehicle fixed. If the other person is avoiding the cops over the accident I would start to wonder why. Could very well be that they have no insurance. If you suspect anything hinky, cover your own butt and report it.

3G
06-11-2006, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by DayGlow
if it's over a $1000 in damage you need a damage sticker to get your vehicle fixed. If the other person is avoiding the cops over the accident I would start to wonder why. Could very well be that they have no insurance. If you suspect anything hinky, cover your own butt and report it.

the other guy was a courier and my buddy didnt wanna call the cops because he felt he would get a ticket and he doesnt wanna go through insurance cuz hes already paying out of his ass. they both had insurance and the damage to the other guys car was his bumper got dented, my buddy needed a new headlight and his fender got a bit dented, id say 400 damage TOPS

SC2
06-11-2006, 01:47 PM
First of all, it is not an accident. It is a crash. He crashed into the van.

Do the right thing, it was your friends fault, the correct route might be more expensive, however, any legal implications are being avoided :thumbsup:

3G
06-11-2006, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by SC2

Do the right thing, it was your friends fault, the correct route might be more expensive, however, any legal implications are being avoided :thumbsup:

we know it was my friends fault, he admitted fault, he offered to fix the guys van or buy him a new bumper. the guy took his info down and said he was busy that week and would call him the next week, but its been like a month and my buddies still waitin for him to call

TheShotgun
06-11-2006, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by SC2

Do the right thing, it was your friends fault, the correct route might be more expensive, however, any legal implications are being avoided :thumbsup: Why involve the police at all. Some of them seem horny to write tickets.. if it can be solved through due dilligence without police involvment.. then it's 10000x better than involving them.

There is self-preservation here if the kid is young..

95EagleAWD
06-11-2006, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by TheShotgun
Why involve the police at all. Some of them seem horny to write tickets.. if it can be solved through due dilligence without police involvment.. then it's 10000x better than involving them.

There is self-preservation here if the kid is young..

If it's over $1000 in damage, a shop won't touch it until there's a damage sticker on it, that's all.