PDA

View Full Version : Car Painting

demonkitty
06-11-2006, 07:15 PM
This might not be the right place to ask but I kinda need some help... My '98 Chrysler Sebring Convertible is in desperate need of a paint job. The rear bumper has crumpled and uncrumpled, causing the paint to chip off in those areas. I've been keyed really deeply on the rear side panel. The hedges of my yard have scratched the sides all up (I tend to run into them all the time pulling in and out of the driveway). The hood has a large gouge in it thats been there since I bought it. Basically every panel has something on it that needs painted or buffed. This is my first car and I'm very new to the automotive world. I guess I'm just wondering what I need to do to get it painted for the best deal and best quality. I just graduated high school so I do have a good amout of grad money, but its not all that much. Any tips or suggestions? I was planning on going to maaco for an estimate but would you suggest going to a bodyshop instead?

Thanks alot! :)

Lauren

3G
06-11-2006, 07:34 PM
fuck maaco

demonkitty
06-11-2006, 07:55 PM
Oookay... Guess thats a negative on Maaco... What should I do then? :dunno:

dankish1
06-11-2006, 08:09 PM
how much money are we talking?
if u let us know what your willing to spend
we can point you in the right direction.
just rember you get what you pay for

demonkitty
06-11-2006, 08:14 PM
I'm willing to put up a couple grand if need be

silva27
06-12-2006, 02:11 AM
Theres a good auto refinishing shop on 52nd st NE. They do a good job and cost is pretty reasonable. I dont know what the name of the shop is but its not hard to find it. The shop is located on 52nd st near the 17ave and 52nd intersection.

Mitsu3000gt
06-12-2006, 08:15 AM
Pretty sure a good, proper, paint job costs ~$10000 doesn't it? Because I know you can spend WAY more than that even.

Mark

dankish1
06-12-2006, 08:40 AM
are you planing on changing the colour or do you want to keep it the same?
for around 2 grand u can get a paint job without the trunk door jams etc.
so if your keeping it the same colour you shouldnt have a problem. a buddy of mine is having his car painted right now it will be done friday i will let u know how it turns out and if i should recomend the place or not

demonkitty
06-12-2006, 10:04 AM
Thanks for the input...

Yea I'm planning on keepin it the same color, I'm just worried about getting rid of these ugly scrathces and chips. I'm going out today to get some estimates so I'll figure out what a ballpark figure would be..