PDA

View Full Version : Question about speeding by emergency vehicle ticket??

gp36912
06-11-2006, 11:48 PM
now my parents just got ticketed at about 11:00 pm, there was a red van in front of them so they did not see the emergency vehicle lights (cop car giving a ticket) until it was too late. the van merged into the middle lane, giving my dad enough time to brake down to 80. now the cop was walking from one car to another, and waved them over. gives them an estimated speed of 100, my dad was already on the brakes and already slowing to 80 by then. it was dark on deerfoot so it was pretty dark on the stretch of road they were on. on the ticket it says 115 (2) (f) pass(has a slash through it) dmc speed past emergency vehicle

speed limit 60 km/h recorded speed 100 km/h and its crossed at estimated

anyway of fighting this?

Dooms_Bane
06-11-2006, 11:52 PM
go talk to the crown i guess... and tell them your situation

i did that twice and i told them exactly what happened.. i was very polite....
they just demissed the tickets

shedboy
06-11-2006, 11:53 PM
if they go plead not guilty, it will likely just get thrown out in court. since the cop "estimated" he was doing 100 and your dad cant prove that he was only doing 80, there is no proof, and the court wont take either side's story as circumstantial evidence. odds are the cop wont show up, or if he does, you can ask the crown for a reduced fine, or just tell ur side to the judge and they will either reduce it or throw it out. at the very least, ur dad will not have to pay the full fine.

Palmiros
06-11-2006, 11:56 PM
same here, its a pain going there, especially if you have a tight schedule, but hey, it worked for me. I had a $250 ticket i believe for not being able to present a valid insurance slip. (although i showed them 2 of them, one of which was valid). This was late at night so i guess he missed it. Long story short, after a few days of walking around, and waiting for the actual ticket to come in (they only come in like 2 a week i believe), I got rid of it. Good luck.

gp36912
06-12-2006, 12:38 AM
thanks guys

TurboMedic
06-12-2006, 01:02 PM
I'm thinking if he could not see past the van, he was following too close anyhow.....hope he learned a lesson!

gp36912
06-13-2006, 12:00 AM
actually the van was going pretty slow, 80s or so, my dad was going 100, and the way the van was vs my dads car and the fact that my dads car was catching up could have been the reason why he couldn't see it.