PDA

View Full Version : 1990 civic transmission cost?

silva27
06-12-2006, 01:05 AM
Hi,

Anyone know how much is for a new 1990 honda civic dx transmission would cost plus labour? Is it better to get it rebuild or buy a new one? Thanks.

Mucho gracias,
Jet

WWJAI
06-12-2006, 01:16 AM
you can't buy a new one...its gotta be used. Depends though because buying a used tranmission, you run a risk that it could be bad later on but rebuilding one, you usually get a longer warranty on them but it cost more expensive.

I'd say it probably cost your around 500-850 for the tranmission + labour depending on where you get the transmission from (private or from a parts place).

If you rebuild it..its gonna be much more expensive..looking at 1400+ i'd say.

zain123
06-12-2006, 01:27 AM
it ll be way less then that
give jdm source a call
they can probably do a whole engine swap in that much
JDM source - 7174252
they are sponsors on this forum too
msg em here or give em a call !

silva27
06-12-2006, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by WWJAI
you can't buy a new one...its gotta be used. Depends though because buying a used tranmission, you run a risk that it could be bad later on but rebuilding one, you usually get a longer warranty on them but it cost more expensive.

I'd say it probably cost your around 500-850 for the tranmission + labour depending on where you get the transmission from (private or from a parts place).

If you rebuild it..its gonna be much more expensive..looking at 1400+ i'd say.

Sounds like I should just do an engine swap, but I do have a b16a in it already. I'm not sure if its the clutch or the tranny because it grinds on 3rd gear, otherwise you have to rev at 2000rpm to get it in. To me I think is the tranny that needs looking into. Thanks for the advice.

silva27
06-12-2006, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by zain123
it ll be way less then that
give jdm source a call
they can probably do a whole engine swap in that much
JDM source - 7174252
they are sponsors on this forum too
msg em here or give em a call !

I checked the site and they have a b16a engine with the ecu, tranny and everything else. I sure hope the labour aint gonna cost as much as the cost of the swap. I will give them a call tomorrow, thanks for the info:thumbsup: