PDA

View Full Version : New Home Lots

5gluder
06-12-2006, 12:02 PM
Hey,

I have decided to purchase a new home but have not had any luck finding any lots currently avaliable . I have talked to many builders and have been told that i would have to wait 2,3,4,5,6 etc. months. Was just wondering if anyone knew of any areas that have any lots avaliable within a month.

Thanks

civicguy2002
06-12-2006, 12:05 PM
Yeah this is true, there are no availiable lots anywhere in Calgary at this time. Also if anything is coming availiable soon, they are probably already sold. I work for a home builder, and basically all you can do is get your name on a waiting list with a builder for when lots become open again.

mac_gurl
06-12-2006, 12:24 PM
Just put your name on a list, and hope for the best. I've heard there is no land anywhere... especially down south.

89coupe
06-12-2006, 12:26 PM
There are a lot of lots for sale in the inner city areas. Mount Pleasant, Bridgeland etc...

civicguy2002
06-12-2006, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by 89coupe
There are a lot of lots for sale in the inner city areas. Mount Pleasant, Bridgeland etc...

Yeah but if you are wanting a reasonably priced house, that is not the way to go. I used to work for a builder that built inner city stuff. By the time you buy a house, knock it down and build new, you will spend over a million easy.

Khalil.e
06-14-2006, 11:12 AM
5gluder - what area of the city are you looking to purchase in?

5gluder
06-14-2006, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Khalil.e
5gluder - what area of the city are you looking to purchase in?

Well anywhere really, were mainly looking at starter homes.

C4S
06-14-2006, 12:24 PM
We stopped by montreux showhome just a month ago .. they have new phase for sale, and still some lots .. great area, few of my friends bought their houses there, and of course, price went up a lots now.

I love that area, and they are not estate house, I guess won't be too expensive.

http://www.summitofmontreux.com/

But they may sold out now.. who knows!! :thumbsup:

Oz-
06-14-2006, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by C4S
We stopped by montreux showhome just a month ago .. they have new phase for sale, and still some lots .. great area, few of my friends bought their houses there, and of course, price went up a lots now.

I love that area, and they are not estate house, I guess won't be too expensive.

http://www.summitofmontreux.com/

But they may sold out now.. who knows!! :thumbsup:

I was checking out lot prices about 2 weeks ago in Montreaux. The only available lots that they have are the 50 x 150 ones. I think somewhere in the neighborhood of 300-350k for the lot alone.

Another phase is coming up also, but the waiting list is about 30-50 for each builder there.

C4S
06-14-2006, 05:11 PM
yeah .. around $350K for the 48'-50 ft wide lot .. which is not bad for today.. those narrow lots are going for $250K .. not sure if they sold out yet.

You hardly find any wide lots now, some lots now .. are only 36-38 ft .. crazy .. but they were $100K-150K just a little over a yr ago ... :banghead:

D. Dub
06-14-2006, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by 5gluder
Hey,

I have decided to purchase a new home but have not had any luck finding any lots currently avaliable . I have talked to many builders and have been told that i would have to wait 2,3,4,5,6 etc. months. Was just wondering if anyone knew of any areas that have any lots avaliable within a month.

Thanks

If you don't want to wait a loooooong time you might want to look at the resale market too.

turab16
06-19-2006, 01:34 AM
try silverado, if u a re consistent the builders treat u seriously and the chances of getting a lot in silverado increases!