PDA

View Full Version : Replicating BOV sound... possible?

Dayclone
06-12-2006, 10:32 PM
So I was wondering if it's possible to replicate a BOV sound
like connected a hose to your cold-air intake to the BOV? I'm
not too experienced with all this fancy stuff but if there is a
way mind tellin me? besides the obvious like getting my car
turboed... I just love the sound of the BOV that's all...

Steve

rage2
06-12-2006, 10:34 PM
oh boy... here we go!

M_K_3
06-12-2006, 10:39 PM
just let it go man dont do thsi lol

MudCrawler
06-12-2006, 10:40 PM
I think this goes beyond just laughing.

Dayclone
06-12-2006, 10:41 PM
Lol.... comeon... someone must have an idea?

Steve

M_K_3
06-12-2006, 10:42 PM
BLOW REALLLY REALLLY HARD and make the sound with ur mouth every time u shift

962 kid
06-12-2006, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Dayclone

Steve

just get a megaphone, roll down your window and make your own noises! That way you can adjust the sound, anything from a little chirp to a super loud flutter!

MudCrawler
06-12-2006, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by M_K_3
Friends also come in handy for this. Just tell them to watch for when you release the gas pedal.

M_K_3
06-12-2006, 10:44 PM
Lol they sure do man

M_K_3
06-12-2006, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by 962 kid

just get a megaphone, roll down your window and make your own noises! That way you can adjust the sound, anything from a little chirp to a super loud flutter!

THATS A GOOD IDEA TOOO....... guess what ima do tomorrow :)

95EagleAWD
06-12-2006, 10:51 PM
Yes.

Yes there is.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Fake-Turbo-Sound-BOV-Blow-Off-Valve-Accent-Santa-FE-Kit_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33742QQihZ019QQitemZ8057436871QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

Just for you, buddy!

Justing
06-12-2006, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by M_K_3

Thats assuming he doesn't drive an auto:rofl: :rofl:

M_K_3
06-12-2006, 10:54 PM
OH SHIT im done makin fun ima get me one of those

MudCrawler
06-12-2006, 10:55 PM
from that ebay ad :

MAKES A GREAT GIFT!!

Simple to install!
No drilling required (but it is recommended!)"

lol. Dont worry, if you dont know how to drill, its fine, no problem.... But if you can, you really should try to get a couple in.:D :rolleyes:

M_K_3
06-12-2006, 10:57 PM
hmmm wounder if it really sounds like that

adam c
06-12-2006, 10:59 PM
haha its even a bolt on

cressida_pimpin
06-12-2006, 11:00 PM
just get a sound clip of a turbo'd car and keep playing it over and over again. that way when u get really good at timing ur shifting to the sound coming from ur cd player it will make everybody else think u have a turbo under the hood. haha

jdm_eg6
i say we put 100 of them on a tercel, and then drive down the road and say we have a REALLY REALLY big turbo... like BIG! haha

M_K_3
Lol hmm 40$ for that thing im thinking of it now man lol hahahahhaa

Ben
06-12-2006, 11:01 PM
Generate a Blow Off Valve resonance on your Naturally Aspirated Car in 10 Easy Steps.

Materials:

-Digital Voice Recorder
-Ticket to F&F Tokyo Drift
-Megaphone
-Cucumber
-box of toothpicks
-4 Self Tapping Screws
-Screw Driver
-3m 18 AWG wire

Step One: Purchase one digital voice recorder.

Step Two: Purchase one ticket to F&F - Tokyo Drift this Friday night.

Step Three: Smuggle In Digital recorder, and record the audio from the movie listed above.

Step Four: Return home after having driven like a sane mannered human being.

Step Five: Grab a Cucumber and begin performing simulated oral sex on this long green item, familiarizing yourself with the "O" face, you will need great definition, and articulation utilizing your Embouchure. You will need to practice Both a "Whoooooch" noise, as well as stocatto "ch, ch, ch, ch, ch" noises, while adjusting your voicebox up and down the octive scale to achieve the proper tone. Too Sharp, and you're an HKS SSQ, too flat and you're a recirculation valve. Use the sounds from the movie as a reference.

Step Six: After a few solid days of oral sex on the cucumber, use the toothpicks to pick your teeth clean from the skin of the cucumber which you no doubt raked off. You will notice your mouth wanting to be, and feel like, it is constantly in an O...this is the sign of a well tuned BOV-to-be

Step Seven: Find a vacant grommet hole in your cars firewall and run the 18AWG wire through, soldering one end onto the megaphone and the other onto the handset, thus making an extension cord.

Step Eight: Securely fasten the megaphone to the area on your car which lacks the turbocharger, the location is key to generate proper acoustics.

Step Nine: Take a few practice runs in a deserted location, as to practice the articulation and volume of your sound effect capabilities from your well trained mouth. This is also a good time to familiarize yourself with means to hide your handset from public view, and if your vehicle is an automatic, deciding on how to properly shift from drive to neutral to drive in a seamles fashion. Moreover, if you have discovered you're not as good of a hoover as you thought, you can utilize the sound recorder and play it back into the megaphone for effect, though it will not sound as lifelike.

Step Ten: You're now ready for 17th Avenue. ENJOY!!!

DC2
06-12-2006, 11:02 PM
i made a special cd full of bov's i actually timed it perfect. track one is normal driving....
track two is redline driving....

haha poor guy isnt ever coming back to beyond...

M_K_3
06-12-2006, 11:03 PM
LOL u assholes always bashing ppl man good thing i was nice hahahahahhaaha

finboy
06-12-2006, 11:04 PM
http://jeanluc.matte.free.fr/articles/typologie/kazooplas.jpg

i had one of these, every time i shifted i blew it, and i beat a b16 civic :thumbsup:

M_K_3
06-12-2006, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by jdm_eg6
i say we put 100 of them on a tercel, and then drive down the road and say we have a REALLY REALLY big turbo... like BIG! haha

lol im down for that

jdm_eg6
06-12-2006, 11:12 PM
we should make a Beyond.ca project car put all the most rediculus fab products on a cheap car and make it look completely rediculous!! but i though about it seriously then i realizes some kid with a mazda mini van would have a good race with my EG, and then.. realized the bloated comments from him when he tells his friends he beat a suped honda with turbo... not my bag of rice.. getting raped with "turbo" or rapeing... with turbo...

nonsane
06-13-2006, 07:16 AM
http://www.takakaira.com/accessories/nightpager/nightpager.html

But seriously, please don't....

Dayclone
06-13-2006, 07:55 AM
Lmao you guys are funny... oh wow yeh okay this is actually
really lame... GET A REAL TURBO heh... I guess that's why it's
worth the $5K for a turbo eh?

Steve

M_K_3
06-13-2006, 01:36 PM
lol thats all the fun ina turbo i thinkthe sound :) o0o0o the Gready BOV sounds like its laughin :)

M_K_3
06-13-2006, 01:38 PM
we should make a Beyond.ca project car put all the most rediculus fab products on a cheap car and make it look completely rediculous!! but i though about it seriously then i realizes some kid with a mazda mini van would have a good race with my EG, and then.. realized the bloated comments from him when he tells his friends he beat a suped honda with turbo... not my bag of rice.. getting raped with "turbo" or rapeing... with turbo...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: lol my buddy always used to do that lol we all knew it was :bullshit:

MidnightDreamer
06-13-2006, 01:39 PM
Yo... forget the bov sound... buy a drift button, tons more fun... Just in time for Tokyo Dorifto!!!!

M_K_3
06-13-2006, 01:42 PM
^ hahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahha the 'drift button hahahahah that was great!!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: i rememeber that hahahah

jdm_eg6
06-13-2006, 02:24 PM
we built up a riced out civic for canada day last year my buddys EG, we out a HUGE wing on it kind of like the spoon style wing but lke 4 times bigger(out of cardbord), and then a WRX hoodscoop x 5 in size hahah(carboard), then we taped sparco and NOS using tape along with HKS and stuff all over the car and then taped his steelies to look like rims, and we put a canadian flag on his rear windsheild wiper and pulled it away from the window so when we turned it on it waved flag... hahah it was such a worthy ride of the fake turbo sound... such a worthy ride... ahaha

then we got pulled over at a checkstop and they asked us if we were drinking... it was super.. then they told us to have a good day and we said ohhh you bet we will hahaha!! it was a wiked awsome day!! haha

M_K_3
06-13-2006, 02:30 PM
yea but this year no fire works :(

Lo)2enz0
06-13-2006, 02:35 PM
we built up a riced out civic for canada day last year my buddys EG, we out a HUGE wing on it kind of like the spoon style wing but lke 4 times bigger(out of cardbord), and then a WRX hoodscoop x 5 in size hahah(carboard), then we taped sparco and NOS using tape along with HKS and stuff all over the car and then taped his steelies to look like rims, and we put a canadian flag on his rear windsheild wiper and pulled it away from the window so when we turned it on it waved flag... hahah it was such a worthy ride of the fake turbo sound... such a worthy ride... ahaha

then we got pulled over at a checkstop and they asked us if we were drinking... it was super.. then they told us to have a good day and we said ohhh you bet we will hahaha!! it was a wiked awsome day!! haha

at some point we have all done something like that, btw-do you like being an elderly person???

Inzane
06-13-2006, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Dayclone

Steve

Good god... have you ever heard of FUNCTION before FORM? A Blow-Off Valve serves a purpose/function in a turbo-charged setup, and the SOUND you hear from the BOV is merely a by-product of that function.

To want the sound without even needing the function, let alone having a setup thats turbocharged, is just retarded.

Wanting the BOV sound for an NA is like wanting two extra wheels on a motocycle. eg. You own a motorcycle, you don't own a car, but you like the LOOK cars have with 4 wheels so you want to add 2 more wheels to your motorcycle...

WTF? WHY would you do that? :dunno:

glennc
06-15-2006, 06:19 PM
Ben, you ARE my beyond hero.

Go ahead, buy the fake blowoff valve for the turbo youll never have.

While your at it, buy the condoms. For the sex youll never have with a fake turbo.

sh0ko
06-16-2006, 02:27 PM
haha i cant believe someone actually asked that!

quikkoop
06-20-2006, 08:21 PM
:eek: :cry:

racin_jayson
06-20-2006, 08:27 PM

Maybe we should'nt do that.

Originally posted by Lo)2enz0

at some point we have all done something like that, btw-do you like being an elderly person???

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oldskool
06-20-2006, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by glennc

While your at it, buy the condoms. For the sex youll never have with a fake turbo.

HAHAHA!!! Zing!