PDA

View Full Version : Fog lens replacments

snoop101
06-13-2006, 03:41 PM
Hey guys
So i have found a place in the states to order just the lenses for e36 fog lights. Which is nice because there 40 bucks us for 2. instead of replacing the whole units. Im going to order some so let me know if you guys want to buy more.

AllGoNoShow
06-13-2006, 07:16 PM
Can the smae place get E32 lenses? If so let me know how much.

I'm debating on Clear Projector Fog unit, or just replacing the lense.

FiveFreshFish
06-13-2006, 07:19 PM
Link?

snoop101
06-13-2006, 08:40 PM
bmpdesign.com

Mr. Lens Acrylic Replacement Fog Light Lens
If you have owned your BMW for any time at all you will most likely have replaced one or more of the costly fog light or head light lens assembles. You also quickly discovered that although the glass was the only component broken, the replacement required the purchase of the entire assemble. To help reduce cost BMP design now offers an impact-resistant Acrylic lens to replace the fragile factory glass assemblies. Installation requires removal of the light from the vehicle, and the careful removal of the broken glass lens fragments. Kit includes 2 lenses, and installation instructions. Silicone adhesive required. Note headlight lenses will fit vehicles with elypsoid lights only. Clear silicone adhesive, item number 165999 - $5.99.

Part Number: 165956

herragge
06-18-2006, 11:55 AM
I have these in my E30. They are an excellent alternative to replacing entire fog light units if your lense is broke. And they are cheap.

However, the will pitt VERY easily because they aren't glass. I HIGHLY recommend you get some lamin-x over top of them immediately once you get them so they don't turn worse then your old fog lights.

Install is sort of a bitch; be careful not to cut yourself. You need silicone to properly seal it. Other than that its a great replacement.

Mike