PDA

View Full Version : World of Starcraft/Diablo?

2000_SI
06-13-2006, 11:21 PM
More Blizzard MMOGs
World of Starcraft or World of Diablo, anyone?

by Daemon Hatfield
June 13, 2006 - A sequel to Starcraft is right at the top of many gamers' "Please, God, Make This Happen" list. Well, the Lord works in mysterious ways. If not a true sequel, gamers may be getting some more Starcraft action after all.

During a presentation to Wall Street today, a company representative from Vivendi reportedly said, "All Blizzard franchises will become MMOGs." The rep said they have a model in place to produce an MMOG for $50 million over the next three years.

World of Warcraft is one of the great success stories of our time. The big question is: with WoW already sucking hours/weeks/years of gamers' lives away, how will we ever find time to play World of Starcraft or World of Diablo? Alas, that these evil days should be ours!

http://pc.ign.com/articles/712/712554p1.html

GQBalla
06-13-2006, 11:27 PM
hermm interesting...

HoisinSauce
06-13-2006, 11:29 PM
i dunno... playing sc WoW style
they better come up with a good story line for it

treg50
06-14-2006, 07:54 AM
SHUT... UP!!!! No way!! :eek:

That would be amazing. Two-MORE juggernaut MMO universe games? Blizzard is crazily awesome. Diablo I can see easily. The orgininal 1 & 2 plus L.O.D were all about story, exploration, quests, special items, skill trees, etc. --- so it's all there. They just need a story line that stems from Diablo 2: L.O.D... at least that's what I'd like instead of abandoning the great story they already established.

Starcraft, an awesome game that was pretty much RTS, BUT I can see it going MMORPG because it did have an awesome storyline and it isn't hard to imagine a vast universe and numerous storylines that they could use. At the end of Broodwar it was more like the end of a chapter than the end of a story, so they still got LOTS to work with.
:clap:

b_t
06-14-2006, 08:09 AM
This article is based off somebody else's story which was a misquote of something Vivendi said. Blizzard hasn't said anything about making massively multiplayer games. They said they weren't going to hold themselves to one genre, so my guess would be is that Starcraft II will be a strategy game and Diablo will be... diablo.

All they could do making two more MMORPGs is take away from their own market share, since they already totally own that segment anyway.

treg50
06-14-2006, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by b_t
... All they could do making two more MMORPGs is take away from their own market share, since they already totally own that segment anyway.

It's a win-win situation for them. They can't really 'take away' from themselves. If anything they might share or take some players from one title to another one of their titles, but in the end they're still retaining the players.

World of Starcraft could actually steal players from futurstic/space MMOs (ie. Star Wars Galaxies).

Gawd I'd welcome Starcraft 2 as an RTS anyday:drool:

kaput
06-14-2006, 09:30 AM

Ashkente
06-14-2006, 12:53 PM
Sounds like bullshit to me. How the hell would they have the infrastructure to support them? Not to mention development, upgrades, constant patching etc.

Manifesto55
06-14-2006, 01:33 PM
I hope they do it. I loved diablo I and II and wished they'd make another one. I think I'd prefer another single player Diablo instead of an MMO... MMO's tend to get out of hand.

Kamen
06-14-2006, 01:38 PM
The only MMO I've played and still currently playing is Guild Wars. In fact I picked up the new Factions today. But Starcraft sounds great.
I avoided WoW because that would have screwed me over :rofl: