PDA

View Full Version : Another Paypal SCAM!!

spike98
06-14-2006, 10:26 AM
Almost got me seeing as it used my name instead of "Dear Paypal User" or something like that.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply-To: [email protected] Subject: PayPal Account Issue - Case Number: PP-641-402-365

Hello Shaun XXXXXXXX,

PayPal is constantly working to ensure security by regularly screening the accounts in our system. We recently reviewed your account, and we need more information to help us provide you with secure service. Until we can collect this information, your access to sensitive account features will be limited. We would like to restore your access as soon as possible, and we apologize for the inconvenience.

As part of our security measures, we regularly screen activity in the PayPal system.

We recently noticed the following issue on your account:

We have reason to believe that your account was accessed by a third party. Because protecting the security of your account is our primary concern, we have limited access to sensitive PayPal account features. We understand that this may be an inconvenience but please understand that this temporary limitation is for your protection.

Your bank has contacted us regarding some attempts of charges from your credit card via the PayPal system. We have reasons to believe that you changed your registration information or that someone else has unauthorized access to your PayPal account Due to recent activity, including possible unauthorized payments placed on your account, we will require a second confirmation of your identity with us in order to allow us to investigate this matter further. Your account is not suspended, but if in 48 hours after you receive this message your account is not confirmed we reserve the right to suspend your PayPal registration. If you received this notice and you are not the authorized account holder, please be aware that it is in violation of PayPal policy to represent oneself as another Paypal user. Such action may also be in violation of local, national, and/or international law. PayPal is committed to assist law enforcement with any inquires related to attempts to misappropriate personal information with the intent to commit fraud or theft. Information will be provided at the request of law enforcement agencies to ensure that perpetrators are prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

To confirm your identity with us click here:
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_login-run-verify (linked as http://www.paypal.com.cmd-auth-aiudou3w.com/webscr/login.php?login&[email protected]&ref=fx14 )

Case ID Number: PP-641-402-365

After responding to the message, we ask that you allow at least 72 hours for the case to be investigated. Emailing us before that time will result in delays. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause you and we would like to thank you for your cooperation as we review this matter.

Sincerely,
PayPal Account Review Department

PayPal Email ID PP522

This message and any files or documents attached may contain classified information. It is intended only for the individual or entity named and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient or authorized to receive it, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately then delete it from your system. Please also note that transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free.

Pihsiak
06-14-2006, 11:22 AM
let's go Phishing!

thx for the heads up

GQBalla
06-14-2006, 11:36 AM
it says on their website that paypal will never contact you via email or pop up window.

gatorade
06-16-2006, 12:39 AM
b4 when i used to have a business paypal account those emails used to show up almost every day

EnRich
06-16-2006, 09:36 AM
thats unreal... its actually the best phishing scam i've heard yet...

/////AMG
06-16-2006, 10:31 AM
If you'r enot sure, just FWD you're paypal e-mail to [email protected] and they'll let you know.:thumbsup:

Bill Cosby
06-16-2006, 11:30 AM
i got this email before too but knew it was spam because instead of going to my inbox it went to my spam mail ..

racin_jayson
06-16-2006, 01:00 PM
yeah paypal will call you if there is a real problem....I've had those emails before, they crack me up.