PDA

View Full Version : New Car

Pages : [1] 2

calarina
04-07-2003, 03:55 PM
So, my car's startin' to cost me more money that I want it to, so I've decided I want to buy a brand new car.

Well, here's the tough part. What car? I only have a small selection in the poll, yes, but I don't want used, I want a brand new car, and I want one now.

I don't want to buy a car that's more than $40,000. So, these are some of my choices. :)

max_boost
04-07-2003, 04:15 PM
LOL
You make my day dude! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

How about this, obtain a loan and then go car searching :D

Anyway, dam you looking at some pimp cars......the RSX-S owns them all haha

So now them beyonders are knowing what I am saying ^_^

rsxrsx
04-07-2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
......the RSX-S owns them all haha

I couldn't agree more, If your willing to dish out that amount of cash, go for the RSX-S, I don't think you'll be dis-pleased with that car, good luck though:thumbsup:

max_boost
04-07-2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by rsxrsx

I couldn't agree more, If your willing to dish out that amount of cash, go for the RSX-S, I don't think you'll be dis-pleased with that car, good luck though:thumbsup:

But I don't think she can or will......$10! anyone want to bet? :D:rofl:

calarina
04-07-2003, 04:27 PM
LOL
You make my day dude! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

How about this, obtain a loan and then go car searching :D

Anyway, dam you looking at some pimp cars......the RSX-S owns them all haha

So now them beyonders are knowing what I am saying ^_^

Haha, I knew someone would say it. I'll probably end up buying the SiR considering I work at Honda, and I'll probably be able to be guaranteed Honda Financing, since I work here.

We shall see. :)

And as for the RSX Type-S, it's affordable dude, I don't have any expenses except for insurance! :D

5gluder
04-07-2003, 04:28 PM
Have you considered the RX-8? aren't they around $36,000 :dunno:

88 CRX
04-07-2003, 04:31 PM
RSX-S :thumbsup:

calarina
04-07-2003, 04:32 PM
I forgot about them. Maybe, but I haven't driven one yet...and I heard that they just haven't been up to standards. It all depends...

Are there any on a Mazda lot yet? If so, I could check one out. :)

Ferio_vti
04-07-2003, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by calarina
I forgot about them. Maybe, but I haven't driven one yet...and I heard that they just haven't been up to standards. It all depends...

Are there any on a Mazda lot yet? If so, I could check one out. :)

You'd have to pre-order them for fall.

calarina
04-07-2003, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Ferio_vti

You'd have to pre-order them for fall.

Well then, are they only available by ordering one? If so, then I don't think I'll be driving one. Too much of a hassle to find one to test drive, but if I see one, I'll check up on it. They look pretty decent, but don't know much of the specs on them yet. :tongue:

Stratus_Power
04-07-2003, 04:41 PM
from that list i would say Accord V6-spd!!!! ( its actually ~ 34k)

but personally under 40 i would get a Rx-8! i love that car!
A GS model ( which has everything but leather w/ heated seat, ESP, Power Driver seat, HID, Anti-theft and autodimming mirror) is ~36k.
Except only 700 coming to Canada this year and last time i check ( approx a month ago) only 2 spots left on the waiting list out of the... ~20 nish we getting. Rumor said Kramer actually has ~15 on pre-order while they are only expecting 8.

nice car none the less, arriving late May/early June
Min $1000 refundable deposite subject to test drive
comes in Grey, silver, red, black, yellow and blue.

the only package GT trim is 2,800 which has everything else like leather, HID etc. BUT no moonroof.. thats another $1000.. and you cannot get moonroof w/o the GT package.. and you cant get nav w/o GT + Moonroof.. retarded

but anyway Accord v6-6spd all the way!!!

Stratus_Power
04-07-2003, 04:44 PM
if you really interested in the RX-8 i have a bunch of info/pics/review that i collected couple months back when i was seriously considering putting my deposite down ( until my Dad Axed it.. telling me to wait 2-3 years they are prove to be reliable.. )

calarina
04-07-2003, 04:45 PM
The Accord V6 6-speed Coupe is limited supply. And I can't get a discount on one. :( One of the salesman just bought one, and I just asked him a few minutes ago what he thought. He said: "It's ok", and shrugged his shoulders. I haven't driven one yet, but maybe the next one that's coming in a few weeks, I'll be able to get a chance to drive. All the other cars up there I've had a drive in, xcept the SiR, which I'm going to see today. :)

But I didn't drive a Celica GT-S, just the GT. And I didn't drive an RSX Type-S, just the Premium (I think). I think maybe I should check out a Type-S today. :D

szw
04-07-2003, 04:52 PM
I'd get the spec-v over the SIR, but without that sport package. 3500 is a lot of money for a sunroof, kinda lame stereo, side airbags and ABS

I'd rather get the Type-S than any of the others also...but that's kind of steep price increase. Are you sure MSRP for the type-s is 32 grand??

calarina
04-07-2003, 04:57 PM
Check on www.acura.ca It says on there the MRSP is 32,--- (I didn't pay attention to the little numbers :tongue: )

2000impreza
04-07-2003, 04:58 PM
the cars you listed range from 22k to 36k.... thats 14k difference. if you don't have a decent size deposit.... good luck financing...

i think i speak for a lot of people when i say this.... buy the car YOU want... not what other people tell you to get..

calarina
04-07-2003, 05:00 PM
I am going to buy the car I want...I'm just curious on other peoples opinions. :)

jdmakkord
04-07-2003, 05:02 PM
I say accord v6 6speed but I am biased a bit....

a_peep
04-07-2003, 05:09 PM

I couldn't agree more, If your willing to dish out that amount of cash, go for the RSX-S, I don't think you'll be dis-pleased with that car, good luck though:thumbsup: :werd:

|[NAVIGATOR]|
04-07-2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by 5gluder
Have you considered the RX-8? aren't they around $36,000 :dunno:

:werd: Its a nice looking car, the interior looks nice too, when It comes out though, you should test drive it...but I doubt you gonn aget the RX-8 looks like you already made your mind up.

4wheeldrift
04-07-2003, 05:40 PM
Three letters: W R X. Excellent reliablity, good gas mileage, and simply incredible machines to drive year round.

a_peep
04-07-2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
Three letters: W R X. Excellent reliablity, good gas mileage, and simply incredible machines to drive year round.

I test drove one for a 1 hour and got to take one on a road course... it wasn't my cup of tea. I guess that's why I got the RSX.

rsxrsx
04-07-2003, 05:46 PM
did you ever consider this :D

edit: see post below

rsxrsx
04-07-2003, 05:48 PM
did you ever consider this :D

edit: see post below

monkeyja
04-07-2003, 06:09 PM
You want a brend new car and you got the budget you want, but have you decided any kind of car yet? Not just say this car is good or the other is..... What my comment is what is the purpose of the car you use for 2 Dr or 4 Dr, Front-wheel or rear-wheel or even AWD? Have you think about that? Which one you preferred?

I had tested drive the Celica-GTS, the RSX-s(also my friend got it), I have some infor about RX-8, Only TSX and WRX didnt drive, but my friend own a WRX. New Accord has bad looking. I can give more information later. I like the shifting(transmission) on Celica-GTS and think it's good though.

Roaring G60
04-07-2003, 06:18 PM
I like the Toyota Echo!!!!!!!!!!

max_boost
04-07-2003, 07:34 PM
Have you talked to the Finance Manager yet? He/She will tell you right away whether you need a co-signor or not. And I remember you saying you still needed one for a used SRV, let alone a brand new car now lol. So have you found one?

littledan
04-07-2003, 08:21 PM
ha.. no one else is liking the SiR besides me... for the price (22K) I would definitly go for the civic...

jdmakkord
04-07-2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by littledan
ha.. no one else is liking the SiR besides me... for the price (22K) I would definitly go for the civic...
I liked the previous gen sir myself.

[GaGe]
04-07-2003, 08:26 PM
accord all the way! get the coupe instead of the sedan though. sedan's ugly.

calarina
04-07-2003, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by monkeyja
You want a brend new car and you got the budget you want, but have you decided any kind of car yet? Not just say this car is good or the other is..... What my comment is what is the purpose of the car you use for 2 Dr or 4 Dr, Front-wheel or rear-wheel or even AWD? Have you think about that? Which one you preferred?

That's why I'm posting this up on here, so you can give me other ideas I haven't thought about. :)

calarina
04-07-2003, 08:45 PM
I test drove that SiR, it's not a bad little car. It needs a little bit of work in the suspension department, but overall, it's a fun little car to drive. :)

ninspeed
04-07-2003, 09:06 PM

Haha, I knew someone would say it. I'll probably end up buying the SiR considering I work at Honda, and I'll probably be able to be guaranteed Honda Financing, since I work here.

Well shit, i work for Caddy... i should go get an esclade.. i am sure they would approve me cuas i work for them :D... HA HA HA.. i wish...

You are also aware than when you buy a car, and the bank owns it.. you have to have collission... so insurace will go up a lot too

calarina
04-07-2003, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by ninspeed

Well shit, i work for Caddy... i should go get an esclade.. i am sure they would approve me cuas i work for them :D... HA HA HA.. i wish...

You are also aware than when you buy a car, and the bank owns it.. you have to have collission... so insurace will go up a lot too

Um, I already have full coverage, not including windshield...I expect it to be somewhere around $250 - $300 at the MOST. Maybe even less than that. I pay $185.55 for my 1987 Acura Integra right now, so I'll see. It's not like this thing is out of my price range. $450/month for a car payment, where your only expense is insurance, is hella easy.

GTS Jeff
04-07-2003, 09:20 PM
here is what i think. all of the cars that uve listed are great cars. each one would make a great choice and u would have fun owning. however, out of all of them, i would pick the rsx-s. why? well simply because it outperforms the other sport compacts (celica gts, sir, and spec v). it is the best handling car of the bunch, and its pretty fast too.

first off, lets eliminate the accord v6. why? cuz u drive a 1st gen teg, so im guessing u love a small car that can be tossed in the corners. im the same way. and i can tell u that accords dont fit the bill for that. they weigh in over 3100lbs and are very quiet, subdued, and refined cars. the accord v6 demographic is 30-40 year old males that need a practical yet fun entry level luxocruiser.

second, we can eliminate the sir. why? cuz u are not getting much for the price. an sir is basically identical to a base rsx, except that the rsx looks better and has a better appointed interior. the sir is slower than the rest and doesnt handle as well either.

next, we can eliminate the spec v. why? well it handles nice and its got gobs of torque so driving around is always comfortable...but the interior is ass and its also pretty heavy. (again im guessing u want a small fun car)

so now its between the celica gts and rsx-s. the gts is faster in the straight line by a tiny margin, but the rsx-s is lightyears ahead in terms of handling. so u sacrifice a little speed (barely noticeable) for way better cornering performance. this is why the rsx-s comes out on top.

04blackMAX
04-07-2003, 09:24 PM
dont get the rsx....fuk everyone and there mom has one of those, id go with the sir, only if you plan on modding it...they look pretty night with a jdm body kit....just me though..your cash..u can buy my sir (2000)

calarina
04-07-2003, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
here is what i think. all of the cars that uve listed are great cars. each one would make a great choice and u would have fun owning. however, out of all of them, i would pick the rsx-s. why? well simply because it outperforms the other sport compacts (celica gts, sir, and spec v). it is the best handling car of the bunch, and its pretty fast too.

first off, lets eliminate the accord v6. why? cuz u drive a 1st gen teg, so im guessing u love a small car that can be tossed in the corners. im the same way. and i can tell u that accords dont fit the bill for that. they weigh in over 3100lbs and are very quiet, subdued, and refined cars. the accord v6 demographic is 30-40 year old males that need a practical yet fun entry level luxocruiser.

second, we can eliminate the sir. why? cuz u are not getting much for the price. an sir is basically identical to a base rsx, except that the rsx looks better and has a better appointed interior. the sir is slower than the rest and doesnt handle as well either.

next, we can eliminate the spec v. why? well it handles nice and its got gobs of torque so driving around is always comfortable...but the interior is ass and its also pretty heavy. (again im guessing u want a small fun car)

so now its between the celica gts and rsx-s. the gts is faster in the straight line by a tiny margin, but the rsx-s is lightyears ahead in terms of handling. so u sacrifice a little speed (barely noticeable) for way better cornering performance. this is why the rsx-s comes out on top.

Wow, when I saw that you had replied to my post...I kind of expected a flaming, but instead, I got something that was a very in-depth analysis of the vehicles I had chosen, and something that was useful to me. :)

I have an appointment booked in tomorrow to take out the RSX Type-S, but I don't know if I'll be able to get it or not. Maybe I'll just have to get the SiR for now, and wait for an RSX. But, we'll see, and hope. :)

max_boost
04-07-2003, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by vsmSIR
dont get the rsx....fuk everyone and there mom has one of those, id go with the sir, only if you plan on modding it...they look pretty night with a jdm body kit....just me though..your cash..u can buy my sir (2000) :rofl: and not everyone has a civic?:rofl:

If you want rare, go buy a NSX:thumbsup:

calarina
04-07-2003, 09:26 PM
:rofl: and not everyone has a civic?:rofl:

If you want rare, go buy a NSX:thumbsup:

Hahahaha, yeah, cuz I can REALLY afford that, even more than those cars I listed! :rofl:

benyl
04-07-2003, 09:26 PM

Um, I already have full coverage, not including windshield...I expect it to be somewhere around $250 - $300 at the MOST. Maybe even less than that. I pay $185.55 for my 1987 Acura Integra right now, so I'll see. It's not like this thing is out of my price range. $450/month for a car payment, where your only expense is insurance, is hella easy.

I hope that is your insurance payment per month... if it is per year... tell me who your insurance company is!

Let's get realistic here... if you want the Accord V6 or the RSX, you payment is going to be more like $650/month for 5 years!

That is NOT including GST.

calarina
04-07-2003, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by benyl

I hope that is your insurance payment per month... if it is per year... tell me who your insurance company is!

Let's get realistic here... if you want the Accord V6 or the RSX, you payment is going to be more like $650/month for 5 years!

That is NOT including GST.

I was talking insurance per month...not payments. And I can lease for $500/month if I want.

And $650/month is still affordable off one paycheque...

04blackMAX
04-07-2003, 09:27 PM
sure peeps have civic's but not alot of SIR's around.....

max_boost
04-07-2003, 09:30 PM
http://www.dinkytown.net/java/PaymentOptions.html
Play around with the calculator.....you seem serious about getting a car.....so don't disappoint all of us......

We've had way too many threads about peeps getting a car but no one actually buys one :rofl:I think I am going to post one up fairly soon too:D

calarina
04-07-2003, 09:31 PM
http://www.dinkytown.net/java/PaymentOptions.html
Play around with the calculator.....you seem serious about getting a car.....so don't disappoint of us......

We've had way too many threads about peeps getting a car but no one actually buys one :rofl: I think I am going to post one up fairly soon too

Oh, don't worry, as long as I'm approved...

I'M BUYIN' A NEW DAMN CAR! Hahaha, my car's startin' to cost too much money, and startin' to seem to break down more. Time for an upgrade IMO.

Right now, the easiest option is the SiR, which I don't mind, because it's not a bad little car. But, I do want the RSX Type-S...

And dude...didn't you just buy an S2000?

benyl
04-07-2003, 09:32 PM

I was talking insurance per month...not payments. And I can lease for $500/month if I want.

And $650/month is still affordable off one paycheque...

Well if that is the case, there are other options open for you.

BMW has a wicked low lease rate of 5.5% on the 3 series which would get you in that ball park. Also, the residuals after 3 years are the highest I have seen! 62% on a 325.

Just a suggestion. Go to BMW.ca and price something out. It gives you the lease payment right away.

max_boost
04-07-2003, 09:35 PM

Oh, don't worry, as long as I'm approved...

I'M BUYIN' A NEW DAMN CAR! Hahaha, my car's startin' to cost too much money, and startin' to seem to break down more. Time for an upgrade IMO.

Right now, the easiest option is the SiR, which I don't mind, because it's not a bad little car. But, I do want the RSX Type-S...

And dude...didn't you just buy an S2000?

LOL
I TOLD YOU YOUR CAR IS GOING TO FALL APART HAHA
Had to say it......and you said you are going to fix it, because you can, because you love it, blah blah blah:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I mean I'm going to get a FErrari but that is as long as i am approved too, but I'm not going to get approved.......:rofl:

calarina
04-07-2003, 09:38 PM

LOL
I TOLD YOU YOUR CAR IS GOING TO FALL APART HAHA
Had to say it......and you said you are going to fix it, because you can, because you love it, blah blah blah:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

STFU :tongue: It's running fine, there's just the newly found high-pitched whine when it runs (which I think is my new Alternator, but my tech said otherwise :banghead: ). I just don't want to put anymore money into it right now.

It would cost too much money to get it back to stock, and way too much money to modify it, so why not something that's ALREADY up to stock, and modify that. :D

And I do love my car, I'm not selling it. My mom's going to drive it while I fix it up...she might not have a car for weeks on end though. :tongue: It's going to become my project car. Slowly but surely, I'll get it looking stock again. :)

Sky
04-07-2003, 09:38 PM
Maybe the Subaru Impreza WRX should be in the poll :dunno:
Its under 40k and its hella fast :burnout: :burnout: AWD is great in winter driving too.

max_boost
04-07-2003, 09:42 PM
It would cost too much money to get it back to stock

:rofl: You have to tell me what is modded then.......:rofl:

calarina
04-07-2003, 09:42 PM
See, this is the kind of suggestions I wanted. I never even knew that they weren't really that expensive. Yeah, 227 hp, I wouldn't mind owning one. :tongue: I'll definitely keep that in mind, and I'll check one out someday. :)

calarina
04-07-2003, 09:43 PM

:rofl: You have to tell me what is modded then.......:rofl:

Not stock :tongue:

max_boost
04-07-2003, 09:45 PM
^^

air freshners don't count LOL...jk

calarina
04-07-2003, 09:46 PM
^^

air freshners don't count LOL...jk

Hey hey now, I got those "name brand" rims. Luxury Alloys are so expensive, almost no one knows of them :D Then there's my custom clear corners, momo shift knob, custom extra-soft suspension (only available for old cars), and a few other miscellaneous mods like bobbing-head cat on the dash. :rofl:

FiveFreshFish
04-07-2003, 09:57 PM
My suggestion:

http://www.roadfly.org/mini/gallery/photos/photos-07-2002/9625.jpg

calarina
04-07-2003, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
My suggestion:

I'm sorry, but...ICKY. I don't like the Cooper's, and I've seen quite a few of them already in all sorts of colours. 7 mini's were damaged during shipping to the BMW Gallery, and Calgary Honda was the lucky saps to fix 'em. :tongue: I don't know, they got a beefy enough engine in them, but I still don't really like the stylings...even though they're made by BMW now...

rsxrsx
04-07-2003, 10:01 PM
by the sounds of it your really keen on the RSX-S, but your going to prolly settle for the SiR instead, right? Have you considered the base model RSX? that way you can save that extra cash for some future mods, I dunno just my two cents that's all, i mean realisticly the base model does have quite a bit to offer, not as much as the S of course, but i dunno that's just my thoughts. When i bought my car i wanted the Type R Teg so bad, but i just couldn't afford it at the time, so i baught a brand new base model teg instead, to this day I'm happy with my choice, i know i'm lacking in the power department but for everyday driving and sometimes highway driving it seems to be just fine, i dunno it's your money and your future car:thumbsup: i just thought i'd throw my thoughts in that's all...

calarina
04-07-2003, 10:04 PM
by the sounds of it your really keen on the RSX-S, but your going to prolly settle for the SiR instead, right? Have you considered the base model RSX? that way you can save that extra cash for some future mods, I dunno just my two cents that's all, i mean realisticly the base model does have quite a bit to offer, not as much as the S of course, but i dunno that's just my thoughts. When i bought my car i wanted the Type R Teg so bad, but i just couldn't afford it at the time, so i baught a brand new base model teg instead, to this day I'm happy with my choice, i know i'm lacking in the power department but for everyday driving and sometimes highway driving it seems to be just fine, i dunno it's your money and your future car:thumbsup: i just thought i'd throw my thoughts in that's all...

It's not that I really want the SiR, it's that I'm almost guaranteed to be able to buy it. Whether or not I'm able to buy the RSX, being approved, or disapproved, I don't really care how much it is. $32k is affordable @ $500/month on lease. But like I said, if all else fails, I can still get that little SiR. :)

rsxrsx
04-07-2003, 10:10 PM

It's not that I really want the SiR, it's that I'm almost guaranteed to be able to buy it. Whether or not I'm able to buy the RSX, being approved, or disapproved, I don't really care how much it is. $32k is affordable @ $500/month on lease. But like I said, if all else fails, I can still get that little SiR. :)

HAHA, my skim reading has caught up to me again, my bad, yeah if you can afford the RSX-S more props to you, that's a hella good car, go for it, i'm yet to hear or read a bad review about that car:thumbsup:

A little off topic, but it seems like everybody is getting new cars or new mods done to their cars, more motivation to make it out for those beyond meets:thumbsup: i have a gut feeling it's going to be a good summer:thumbsup: sorry just had to add that in, lol:D

monkeyja
04-07-2003, 10:10 PM
Here is my other option:
First, you have to decide door and then front or rear-wheel drive.

From those posts above, I already read over and you seems like to choose more about front wheel drive and little car, may be also better on cornering.

If you choose Civic Sir, you have to used to use the new transmisson, but sure the supension is pretty weak cuz i drove it when it's new arrive.

If you choose RSX-S, I personally dont like it cause the interior is not good style and one of my friend have one before and he modified a lot even polish his engine and all exhaust and intake system with spoon. It doesnt that fast.

Compare to RSX-S and Civic Sir(EP3), my opinion is I rather choose Sir because it is pretty fast, light weight than RSX, small and more fun to drive. Better handling than RSX. Moreover, if you going to change supension later, it doesnt matter the factory is really good or not. I read so many magazines and my conclude is EP3 is faster. (Except you dont modify you car).

One more news, there will be a new Civic Type-R onsale in USA. Dont know will it be in Canada or not.
Here is the mugen EP3
http://www.kingmotorsports.com/images/products/mugen_aero_civic_ep3_si_3.jpg

Stratus_Power
04-07-2003, 10:18 PM
i thought i read somewhere that sometime later this year there will be a RSX type-R
something like Integra GSR ~= Type S
Integra Type R = RSX- Type R

Roaring G60
04-07-2003, 10:47 PM
This post will attrack flaming and will combust, However IHMO RSX-S= waste of $$$$. Sure it has 200 hp however thats all above 7000 rpm. With the pityful amounts of torque that it puts out automatically drops it from my list. All V-tec drivers spend less than 20% of there time in the peak of the power band. Then other 80% of the time your drving with less than150 hp. Wow a great performer there. Eric(Rice Cake) knows as well what a car with torque will do to a RSX-S. Torque rules all.

Fuji
04-07-2003, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
My suggestion:

I like it... The coopers have grown on me.

Fuji
04-07-2003, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Roaring G60
This post will attrack flaming and will combust, However IHMO RSX-S= waste of $$$$. Sure it has 200 hp however thats all above 7000 rpm. With the pityful amounts of torque that it puts out automatically drops it from my list. All V-tec drivers spend less than 20% of there time in the peak of the power band. Then other 80% of the time your drving with less than150 hp. Wow a great performer there. Eric(Rice Cake) knows as well what a car with torque will do to a RSX-S. Torque rules all.

Dude that dependson what type of driving you do. I agree on the street torque rules, but on the track HP rules.

szw
04-08-2003, 12:03 AM
Spec-V is heavy compared to the celica but not the RSX.

Anyways...haha thats all.

RiceCake
04-08-2003, 12:13 AM
If you want to go test drive a 2002 celica GTS, Heninger Toyota has a black one with about 100 kms on it going for $33 000 incl. tax. :)

RiceCake
04-08-2003, 12:14 AM
:werd: Torque rules! :thumbsup: :burnout:

max_boost
04-08-2003, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by RiceCake

:werd: Torque rules! :thumbsup: :burnout: And that is whY I am going to lease a AMG for my next car.......:D

Superesc
04-08-2003, 12:21 AM
And that is whY I am going to lease a AMG for my next car.......:D

Let me know when you are selling the s2k :D

max_boost
04-08-2003, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Superesc

Let me know when you are selling the s2k :D
Start saving.....it can happen at anytime haha

Anyway, my cousin is selling hers......you should give her a shout

syeve
04-08-2003, 12:47 AM
RSX-S...I test drove them all before I got one...for the price, its hard to beat this car. It does not drive like usual tourqueless honda. It is designed to be very fuel efficient while driving normal, so its not like a WRX by any means. It gets around the city perfectly, its transmission is one of the best I have EVER tried. Hondata has posted that with simple bolt ons the K20A can be tuned to around 200WHP (~230 N/A hp) In the end, test drive all the cars. I test drove all the cars in my price range and the RSX beat them all flat out. Interior, engine, trans, honda quality...cant think of anything else.

EDIT. there are quite a few out there, but VERY few type-s's (??)...just like a type-r or Sir...they are pretty rare.

Superesc
04-08-2003, 12:50 AM

Start saving.....it can happen at anytime haha

Anyway, my cousin is selling hers......you should give her a shout

Sweet!!! Anyone want to buy my integra??????? :D

B18C
04-08-2003, 01:21 AM

I don't know man, the variable cam timing on the i-vtec Honda's actually give a pretty flat torque curve. It's still not something I would classify as a torque monster or anything but it's enough to get you around town.

Also, the benefit of not driving in the peak of the power band 80% of the time is that you are not consuming peak amounts of fuel 80% of the time.

I vote RSX-S

Weapon_R
04-08-2003, 01:26 AM
I'm not sure the RSX is the greatest car for the price. I mean, its 32,000 dollars for a four cylinder sports car, which is slightly overpriced IMO.

I'm surprised you haven't looked into buying a VW Jetta 1.8T. I've seen them for about 30k, and they have a lot of power and tons of potential. I'm seriously considering this when I decide to sell my teg.

max_boost
04-08-2003, 01:26 AM
Well fcuk! Has Honda ever been notorious for making torque monsters?

When I got my car from BC, the sales guy picked me up in a RSX-S and took me on a 45 min ride to the dealer.....the car is very refined and well built......power is there on demand......it is not as bad as some people to make it out to be....

RSX-S is by far the best car out of that list

GTS Jeff
04-08-2003, 01:29 AM
calarina: you have to be really careful who u listen to on a public fourm like beyond. remember that there are a tonof ppl here that just bs and try to look smart. in the end, they could end up negatively affecting your buying decision. heres an example of what i mean....

If you choose Civic Sir, you have to used to use the new transmisson, but sure the supension is pretty weak cuz i drove it when it's new arrive.

If you choose RSX-S, I personally dont like it cause the interior is not good style and one of my friend have one before and he modified a lot even polish his engine and all exhaust and intake system with spoon. It doesnt that fast.

Compare to RSX-S and Civic Sir(EP3), my opinion is I rather choose Sir because it is pretty fast, light weight than RSX, small and more fun to drive. Better handling than RSX. Moreover, if you going to change supension later, it doesnt matter the factory is really good or not. I read so many magazines and my conclude is EP3 is faster. (Except you dont modify you car). the rsx-s can outhandle an sir anyday. its stiffer, has larger rims, and a stiffer suspension. this is a fact. skidpad #s ...rsx-s (0.86) and sir (0.80). the rsx-s is also faster by far. an rsx-s can run in the 14s whereas an sir will be in the mid 15s...and as for the shifter position, its really easy to drive, trust me. i drove an sir around a bunch when they first came out and the shifter is stupidly easy to shift.

it has 200 hp however thats all above 7000 rpm. With the pityful amounts of torque that it puts out automatically drops it from my list. thats simply untrue man...you are generalizing based on hondas b series engines, but all k series engines so far have tons of tq down low. did u know that the rsx-s makes 90% of its useable tq at 2000rpm? refer to this dyno

a_peep
04-08-2003, 12:34 PM
Here is my other option:

From those posts above, I already read over and you seems like to choose more about front wheel drive and little car, may be also better on cornering.

Compare to RSX-S and Civic Sir(EP3), my opinion is I rather choose Sir because it is pretty fast, light weight than RSX, small and more fun to drive. Better handling than RSX. Moreover, if you going to change supension later, it doesnt matter the factory is really good or not. I read so many magazines and my conclude is EP3 is faster. (Except you dont modify you car).

One more news, there will be a new Civic Type-R onsale in USA. Dont know will it be in Canada or not.
Here is the mugen EP3
http://www.kingmotorsports.com/images/products/mugen_aero_civic_ep3_si_3.jpg

Since when does the SiR civic handle better then the RSX-S?:dunno:

a_peep
04-08-2003, 12:41 PM

Obviously he's considering this car he's not to worried about torque and that it is a 4cyl import might have something to do with the amount of torque it has. This car is incredibly fun to drive. Obviously you haven't driven one. But again this is what I want from a car... I don't need a straight line monster to run a 11s 1/4 mile.

Just for comparison I did drive a 2003 Mustang GT for me comparing it to my car: fast as hell in a straightline, not bad cornering (better then expected), shifter sucked, interior sucked, fast, fast, fast etc.

By the way the aftermarket support for the RSX-S is huge people are getting into the 13's with about $4000 CDN of mods (Hondata, I/H/E, tires).:clap:

CLiVE
04-08-2003, 12:59 PM
Just a quick question:

Have you considered buying a slightly used one? Like year 2000+
Why does it have to be brand new? I know if your post you say you don't want used, but why?

For example, I just saw this listed

2000 Celica GT-S (15,000kms) $23,995

or

2002 RSX-S (15,000kms) $28,000

Makes sense to me to buy a slightly used one. You get the balance of the factory warranty, have your loan/financing paid off sooner, and have extra money for mods, etc. A new car financed, the second you drive it off the lot it will depreciate. Depending on the rate of depreciation, and how fast you pay it off. You may not even be able to sell it a year down the road if worse comes to worse and "break even" (ie, get out with no money owing).... The value of the car could depreciate further than the amount you have paid off on the loan.

Just my 2 bits. :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

max_boost
04-08-2003, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by memystealthandi
Just a quick question:

Have you considered buying a slightly used one? Like year 2000+
Why does it have to be brand new?

For example, I just saw this listed

2000 Celica GT-S (15,000kms) $23,995

or

2002 RSX-S (15,000kms) $28,000

Makes sense to me to buy a slightly used one. You get the balance of the factory warranty, have your loan/financing paid off sooner, and have extra money for mods, etc.

The celica is freaking good deal if it is a GTS
And yah, I am all about buying used cars......I like to bargain......and if you look hard enough, you can find some sweet ass deals man! Why not save yourself $6-7000!??! And you can always sell again and get something new :D

CLiVE
04-08-2003, 01:05 PM

The celica is freaking good deal if it is a GTS
And yah, I am all about buying used cars......I like to bargain......and if you look hard enough, you can find some sweet ass deals man! Why not save yourself $6-7000!??! And you can always sell again and get something new :D

There are quite a few GTS's listed in that range on Canadatrader.com. I would save the money if it were me. Or just buy that celica and spin it, and make a few grand. :thumbsup:

Blue Devil 2
04-08-2003, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by memystealthandi

Those were some quality bits :werd:

and also, Jeff Type R: What don't you like about the interior of the Spec V ?

GTS Jeff
04-08-2003, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Blue Devil 2

Those were some quality bits :werd:

and also, Jeff Type R: What don't you like about the interior of the Spec V ? cheap plastic, gaps between panels, switches that feel rachety, a tacky interior design, need i go on?

the only thing i like is the nice steering wheel and the comfortable seats.

max_boost
04-08-2003, 01:50 PM
cheap plastic, gaps between panels, switches that feel rachety, a tacky interior design, need i go on?

the only thing i like is the nice steering wheel and the comfortable seats. SPEC V drivers think they are driving a rocket or something?:dunno: I think the car is more hype more than anything else......but still a good buy for the price

I had a un-name spec V driver telling me I am a slow driver when I was driving my friends SLK.....We'll see when he pulls up to me in the S now lol

monkeyja
04-08-2003, 08:50 PM
GTS Jeff ----- I am pretty sure you reading is so dam bad. The only person thinks somebody will bs because he/she did it before or got experience. First, read what I type again:
(LOOK AT THE CAPITAL LETTER)

Here is my other option:

If you choose RSX-S, I PERSONALLY dont like it cause the interior is not good style and one of my friend have one before and he modified a lot even polish his engine and all exhaust and intake system with spoon. It doesnt that fast.

Compare to RSX-S and Civic Sir(EP3), MY OPINION is I rather choose Sir because it is pretty fast, light weight than RSX, small and more fun to drive. Better handling than RSX. Moreover, if you going to change supension later, it doesnt matter the factory is really good or not. I read so many magazines and my conclude is EP3 is faster. (Except you dont modify you car).

I am only sharing my opinion and said that "I personally" and "My opinion". Dont you know that meaning? If not, read over again and again.
If you dont modify the EP3, of course, slower than RSX-S. Let say which one is better for mod, pretty sure it's EP3, you better do more research, most the race cars in Group N are EP3.
Anyway, calarina, If you still want to me to give more ideas, let me know.

P.S. GTS Jeff what you drive(you provided infor) 81 Hyundai Accent TR-X Spec R-AC "R-Tuned Edition"

Me --S2K
What is cheap plastic?

calarina: you have to be really careful who u listen to on a public fourm like beyond. remember that there are a tonof ppl here that just bs and try to look smart. in the end, they could end up negatively affecting your buying decision. heres an example of what i mean....

the rsx-s can outhandle an sir anyday. its stiffer, has larger rims, and a stiffer suspension. this is a fact. skidpad #s ...rsx-s (0.86) and sir (0.80). the rsx-s is also faster by far. an rsx-s can run in the 14s whereas an sir will be in the mid 15s...and as for the shifter position, its really easy to drive, trust me. i drove an sir around a bunch when they first came out and the shifter is stupidly easy to shift.

thats simply untrue man...you are generalizing based on hondas b series engines, but all k series engines so far have tons of tq down low. did u know that the rsx-s makes 90% of its useable tq at 2000rpm? refer to this dyno

GTS Jeff
04-08-2003, 09:36 PM
^
|
|
|
|

hahaha u decide who's more credible, kat.

VWEvo
04-08-2003, 10:33 PM
With all due respect to the RSX-S drivers on here, cause I know there are alot of you....

I drove the RSX-S before I bought my 1.8t GTI. There was no comparison at all. The car felt slow, the handling was pretty good, but for the money I was hugely dissappointed. You can pick up a 1.8t GTI for about 27 000, and even stock it can easily stay with a RSX. However, chip it, and drop a TB exhaust all for about $1500-2000, and I guarantee it will spank an RSX-S. You have nothing to lose, drive one, I'm sure you'll be very impressed.

This is just my opinion by the way!!

a_peep
04-08-2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by VWEvo
With all due respect to the RSX-S drivers on here, cause I know there are alot of you....

I drove the RSX-S before I bought my 1.8t GTI. There was no comparison at all. The car felt slow, the handling was pretty good, but for the money I was hugely dissappointed. You can pick up a 1.8t GTI for about 27 000, and even stock it can easily stay with a RSX. However, chip it, and drop a TB exhaust all for about $1500-2000, and I guarantee it will spank an RSX-S. You have nothing to lose, drive one, I'm sure you'll be very impressed.

This is just my opinion by the way!!

I test drove the GTI before I bought my car. That was $27,000 is without leather, sunroof, seat warmers etc....

And the GTI did not feel as fast nor corner as well as the RSX-S. Again my opinion. But ya the turbo is way cheaper to upgrade as usual.

a_peep
04-08-2003, 10:45 PM
I guess I like the High Rev'ing engine because downshifting was so much more fun in the RSX-S also.:dunno:

That's why there are so many cars to choose from for you to test drive them all and see which one you like best.

Redlyne_mr2
04-08-2003, 11:54 PM
Why even buy a brand new car in the first place...do you know how much money you'll loose? Go find yourself a nice used sports car, get a low finance rate from your bank and when you finally want to sell the car you won't loose a tone of cash. Ask yourself this as well do you really want to be paying for a car for 5 years?

hjr
04-08-2003, 11:59 PM
YA, a 300zx or a S14. that would be neato. Or maybe, naw, i better not get started...

a_peep
04-09-2003, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Why even buy a brand new car in the first place...do you know how much money you'll loose? Go find yourself a nice used sports car, get a low finance rate from your bank and when you finally want to sell the car you won't loose a tone of cash. Ask yourself this as well do you really want to be paying for a car for 5 years?

:werd: If I were to do it again I'd find some old person that has a car I want that is 1-2 yrs old that treated it will.

syeve
04-09-2003, 12:22 AM
Theres no dought that there are advantages to buying a "slightly" used car...but there is something to be said about getting in a brand new car with 5 kms on the Odometer. If you can afford a brand new car, I would go for it. BUT, for about 30k you can get a much better car than an RSX-s thats a few years old...ie m3, 330... the RSX is not the end all and be all, but in my opinion its by far the best car in that list.

I drove the 1.8t and personally, I hated the interior and it felt like a moms car. Jeff said it though....dont really listen to anybody on here, you have to go test them yourself as we ALL have out biases

VWEvo
04-09-2003, 06:44 AM
I've been on alot of forums and let me be the one to say this:

This forum ROCKS!!!!!

The maturity level of the posts are very high, and it's nice we can have a good debate without calling each other names and getting mad (that's what it's like on most other forums)

Now, back to the discussion at hand. I agree, buying a slightly used car is a great way to save a tonne of cash. Now, that being the case, I'm always gonna buy brand new, no matter what. I like the feeling of being the first owner, I like the feeling of the "New car smell", more importantly, I luv the feeling of having absolutely no worries when it comes to warranty issues. Take my Audi for example. 4 year bumper to bumper warranty that covers EVERYTHING, including wear and tear items like my clutch and brakes.

Now for me, I'm willing to pay a premium for this "Feeling" an this piece of mind.

But I respect the opinions of others, its totally up to oneself.

Good luck with your car purchase.

a_peep
04-09-2003, 12:56 PM
You drive in Saskatoon right now and I haven't seen your Golf??? I'd like to see it because the description of your sig.:thumbsup:

max_boost
04-09-2003, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by VWEvo
I've been on alot of forums and let me be the one to say this:

This forum ROCKS!!!!!

The maturity level of the posts are very high, and it's nice we can have a good debate without calling each other names and getting mad (that's what it's like on most other forums)

Now, back to the discussion at hand. I agree, buying a slightly used car is a great way to save a tonne of cash. Now, that being the case, I'm always gonna buy brand new, no matter what. I like the feeling of being the first owner, I like the feeling of the "New car smell", more importantly, I luv the feeling of having absolutely no worries when it comes to warranty issues. Take my Audi for example. 4 year bumper to bumper warranty that covers EVERYTHING, including wear and tear items like my clutch and brakes.

Now for me, I'm willing to pay a premium for this "Feeling" an this piece of mind.

But I respect the opinions of others, its totally up to oneself.

Good luck with your car purchase.

Audi/BMW have moved towards the free maintenance service program to help save the customer money. Because we can all agree, maintaining a Euro can be a bitch!

4wheeldrift
04-09-2003, 01:59 PM

Audi/BMW have moved towards the free maintenance service program to help save the customer money. Because we can all agree, maintaining a Euro can be a bitch! They've had to, because people who are buying the cars for something other than the name just aren't interested in buying a garage queen.

max_boost
04-09-2003, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
They've had to, because people who are buying the cars for something other than the name just aren't interested in buying a garage queen.

Maybe the lower end models where there has been increased competition in entry level luxury cars.....

But when it comes to convertibles and higher end cars.....they will sell with or without the free maintenance package, those high rollers don't care LOL

VWEvo
04-09-2003, 04:35 PM

VWEvo
04-09-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by a_peep
You drive in Saskatoon right now and I haven't seen your Golf??? I'd like to see it because the description of your sig.:thumbsup:

Check your pm's. You wanna see my pocket rocket, we can meet!!!:D

FiveFreshFish
04-09-2003, 05:06 PM
Audi/BMW have moved towards the free maintenance service program to help save the customer money.

The customer's perception is that money is saved, but it's paid up front by being integrated into the selling price.

But hey, perception is reality, so all is good! :)