PDA

View Full Version : Is this a scam?

ryder_23
06-15-2006, 01:25 PM
Ok, so I Have seen the scams when people are trying to buy a car etc... However I'm selling my sisters car, and I received this email from a possible interested buyer. To me something just doesn't sound right, but it could just be me. If its been posted before, sorry.

Thanks for your mail respond i am ok with the price of the (car ) and also want to notified you that i have a client in us who is onwing me the sum of ($10000) and he has promise to pay me by a cheque or bankers draft, so i will instruct him to send the payment to you and you are to refund the sum of ($3,500) via western union money transfer to my shipper, so let me know if this can be possible so as to inform my associate to forward the payment to your name and address.and i have made a solid arrangent for the shipping and they are to take care of the ducument immediately after the transaction.so i need your full name ,address, including your phone# as for me to inform my associate to forward the payment to your mailing address including the name that will be on the payment.

QuasarCav
06-15-2006, 01:26 PM
SCAM

sputnik
06-15-2006, 01:28 PM
Western Union = SCAM
BidPay = SCAM

ryder_23
06-15-2006, 01:30 PM
Well he said to refund it that way, but just seing that caught my attention. Not to mention this is only the second email I got from the guy, and the first one was just a basic, how much and a picture of it. After that he just emails back saying hes gonna buy it for full asking price...:rofl:

afrotl
06-15-2006, 01:34 PM
read this thread Scam 101. I got a similar email just a few days ago.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=134576&highlight=scam+101

ryder_23
06-15-2006, 01:38 PM
Dunno how I missed that one :rofl:

Guess we can close this

Vietsta
06-15-2006, 01:45 PM
crazy scam