PDA

View Full Version : Carfax

bigbadboss101
06-16-2006, 07:44 AM
Does Carfax show all activities on a vehicle? Is there a better source for Canadian than Carfax? What is Carproof?

Mitsu3000gt
06-16-2006, 07:49 AM
Carfax is an American data base, and should not be trusted as it is not Canadian based. It can however still show a correct report, just not very often.

Car Proof is all Canadian, but the downfall is you pay per check, not a flat fee for a time period.

So far car proof has saved me twice. Once on a car with $13,000 damage on it in the past which also had a lein, and once on a car with $8000 damage done to it in the past. On each car I used both carproof and carfax, and carproof told me everything and carfax told me nothing. I will never use anything but carproof ever again because Car Fax told me both of those cars were 100% ok with no damage, no leins, etc.

If you lived in the USA it would be different, as im sure it is the opposite but here in Canada don't use carfax ever and stick to carproof.

Additionally, some of the higher end car dealers in town now show you a carproof instead of a carfax on the cars they sell as more people are recognizing the downfalls of carfax in canada.

Mark