PDA

View Full Version : Need restaurant help

aaronck
06-16-2006, 10:04 AM
There hasn't been a thread like this lately, so I thought I'd fire one up. Looking for a place to eat tonight for my wife's birthday. There will be 8 of us or so, anything new and cool that's not too expensive open up lately(under $25 or so per dish)

Fire away and thanks!

toyboy88
06-16-2006, 10:10 AM
Most common/obvious would be probably Joey's or Earl's...there food and service always seem to be pretty decent for this price range.

Or i've also heard the Satlik steak house downtown is quite tasty too.

MudCrawler
06-16-2006, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by toyboy88
Most common/obvious would be probably Joey's or Earl's...there food and service always seem to be pretty decent for this price range.

Or i've also heard the Satlik steak house downtown is quite tasty too.

Its " salt lik " ;)

It would be a little pushy on the budget. For me and the girlfriend, with appetizers, entres, dessert, and a couple of drinks, the bill comes out to about $140.

dj_rice
06-16-2006, 10:19 AM
Was driving on Macleod and saw this cool place last nite..Red Water

aaronck
06-16-2006, 10:28 AM
Wow, replies coming fast and furious!!!!

I was thinking Redwater, but am worried because Lucianos was so stale

Nissanaddict
06-16-2006, 10:31 AM
I've heard nothing but good stuff about redwater. search in this forum, you'll find a review somewhere I think.

DeeK
06-16-2006, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by dj_rice
Was driving on Macleod and saw this cool place last nite..Red Water

Originally posted by aaronck
Wow, replies coming fast and furious!!!!

I was thinking Redwater, but am worried because Lucianos was so stale

Originally posted by Nissanaddict
I've heard nothing but good stuff about redwater. search in this forum, you'll find a review somewhere I think.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=131771

Or if you would rather.
http://www.calgaryrestaurants.ca

JAYMEZ
06-16-2006, 12:36 PM
I would check out redwater to , looks interesting!

Celica TVS3
06-16-2006, 12:43 PM
I thought Redwater was disappointing. It's basically another Earls or Joeys but more expensive.

Take her to Sugo in Inglewood. http://sugo.ca/fine_dining/index.html

The food is great! The ambiance is trendy but tasteful. Expect to pay under $25 / meal.

snowboard
06-16-2006, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by MudCrawler

Its " salt lik " ;)

It would be a little pushy on the budget. For me and the girlfriend, with appetizers, entres, dessert, and a couple of drinks, the bill comes out to about $140.

I'm going there tonight, for some work thing for my Girlfreind. i hope its good.

i would suggest The Keg, but thats because i absoultely love the keg. or Olive garden :love:

nonlinear
06-16-2006, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by snowboard

I'm going there tonight, for some work thing for my Girlfreind. i hope its good.

i would suggest The Keg, but thats because i absoultely love the keg. or Olive garden :love:

if you like those crappy restaurants, you'll love salt lik.

snowboard
06-16-2006, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by nonlinear

if you like those crappy restaurants, you'll love salt lik.

i just love all the free bread. :D
The meals are only as good as the price. and he asked for something in that budget.

Celica TVS3
06-18-2006, 09:30 PM
Where did you end up going?

aaronck
06-19-2006, 11:04 AM
Ended up going to the Redwater. It was great!

There was 9 of us, everyone really liked their appies, main course came and was amazing, the first 5 dinners came out, and the others were about 3 or 4 minutes behind, the manager came and apologised, and then offered to buy everyone desert.
I had a steak, and it was slightly overcooked, but it was drizzled with garlic butter sauce which made it taste great(and we already got the desserts, so I didn't want to complain anymore)

9/9 people in my party liked the restaurant, it's looks a bit like Earls, entrees are anywhere from $15-30, bit very tasty with good service. I'd go back again anytime