PDA

View Full Version : Statefarm

FivE.SeveN
06-16-2006, 12:41 PM
Haha, well I had a bit of a rough time insuring a JDM this morning! It's registered ok in Alberta, but still has the Japan VIN. The computers at State Farm were spitting it out -- apparently SF *hates* insuring RHD vehicles.

But mah bro Bruce got me all fixed up after he made a phone call to Toronto. Hahaha, he said "DUDE when I quoted this one, you didn't tell me this was gonna be a Fast and Furious kind of car!" I LOLed. Then he told me not to "slide around corners". I go "you mean Drift?". :D We got talking about ricers, the new FnF movie coming out today, and how I want to go watch the theater parking lots tonite to see people drift their cavaliers into lamp posts.

So yeah, I got almost no work done this morning thanks to crazy phonecalls, but big :thumbsup: to statefarm.

DeeK
06-16-2006, 01:58 PM
Bruce is a good neighbour... :D

FivE.SeveN
06-16-2006, 02:01 PM
*and* he got me under 120 a month for a Z. ;)

DeeK
06-16-2006, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by FivE.SeveN
*and* he got me under 120 a month for a Z. ;)
If you are over 25, thats quite a bit.... I assume you are under 25.

The Cosworth
06-16-2006, 04:49 PM
wow dude good for them,

can you guys PM me his info,

i am 20, drive a 91 camry (had to sell my celica to much on insurance) had an accident two years ago and pay just a bit over $235 for PLDP and Comprehensive

i feel screwed, but maybe not, n e thoughts on the matter

rinny
06-18-2006, 01:08 AM
Thats about right for comprehensive on that car, I had a quote for 96 Jimmy with comprehensive and it was around 250'ish, maybe a bit cheaper with clean driving abstract and 19 years old. So your about average as far as i know...

rinny
06-18-2006, 01:09 AM
But how much cheaper is Statefarm? How about Geico? Is it a real noticeable difference, does anyone know?

AllGoNoShow
06-18-2006, 01:14 AM
Statefarm has been pretty good for me as well. Good service in person, not a fan of the 24 hour neighbor help line crap, the messages never seem to make it to my agent by morning I always end up calling them again. Prices are really good, I'm right around $120 a month for my cars, only 17 w/ clean abstract + drivers ed (discount sweeet), but no good student (another discount)

A+ to them for helping me out.

xrayvsn
06-18-2006, 01:16 AM
I had the opposite experience with the quotes from Statefarm.

I'm a 32 year old driver, no accidents or tickets and have actually been with Statefarm for my house and car for at least 10 years. They are charging me $192/mo for my STi, while Meloche Monnex quoted me $110. I was paying close to $100 a month on my Mazda MPV with Statefarm - now it is $75 with Meloche Monnex. My house insurance is cheaper too. Guess which company's insurance I cancelled?

On the positive side, my parents had a very good experience with Statefarm for a claim they had on a rental property, as well as some flood damage to their house.

vtec4life
06-18-2006, 02:11 AM
statefarm is soo tite student discount is like $500 a year! so if u got decent grades go with them:burnout:

AzN'SKillZ
06-18-2006, 02:19 AM
ITS A :thumbsdow FOR STATEFARM

i was in a accident 2 months ago and did they ever take forever to do anything. eventually i gave up and asked my foster dad to help me out who happens to be a insurence adjuster. he gives the other persons insurence a call (some how statefarm couldent manage to find there info, but within 10 mins in a phone book we managed to find it) they call me back i managed to settle everything by myself. so a week later after every thing was settle with me and the other persons insurence i get a phone call from statefarm they said " we hav got into contact with the other persons insurence company and here is there info and # so u can call them about the damages and every thing." i was like WTF ARNT U SUPPOSE TO REPRESENT ME AND DO ALL THAT FOR ME, AND ALSO THANKS ALOT BUT I ALREADY DID EVERYTHING.

i waited for statefarm for 1 month and a half.:thumbsdow

redline_13000
06-18-2006, 03:36 AM
statefarm:thumbsup:

dub_c
06-18-2006, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by AzN'SKillZ
ITS A :thumbsdow FOR STATEFARM

i was in a accident 2 months ago and did they ever take forever to do anything. eventually i gave up and asked my foster dad to help me out who happens to be a insurence adjuster. he gives the other persons insurence a call (some how statefarm couldent manage to find there info, but within 10 mins in a phone book we managed to find it) they call me back i managed to settle everything by myself. so a week later after every thing was settle with me and the other persons insurence i get a phone call from statefarm they said " we hav got into contact with the other persons insurence company and here is there info and # so u can call them about the damages and every thing." i was like WTF ARNT U SUPPOSE TO REPRESENT ME AND DO ALL THAT FOR ME, AND ALSO THANKS ALOT BUT I ALREADY DID EVERYTHING.

i waited for statefarm for 1 month and a half.:thumbsdow

And this is coming from someone asking about drifting :nut:

AllGoNoShow
06-18-2006, 12:44 PM
Aparantly accidents are the slowest process through all of insurance, you wanna know how slow? Wannaneesa + Statefarm together gave me 6 months as a limit for the chick who rear ended me. 5 of that was spent waiting to hear from them, 1 was for treatment, by the time the 6 month limit hit, they hadn't even gotten halfway through the paperwork.

Month and a half? pift consider yourself lucky.

b_t
06-18-2006, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by dub_c

haha idiot kids don't get any respect from the old guys who run insurance

I crashed my car and had it back within a month. My insurance before was $150 for comprehensive on my Talon, afterwards, it went up to $180. No speeding tickets, four years running good student discount, and 40 year family history discount for the win :D

AzN'SKillZ
06-18-2006, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by dub_c

WTF DOES THAT HAV TO DO WIT ANYTHING.
I JUST WANTED TO KNOW HOW IT DAMAGES THE CAR

AzN'SKillZ
06-18-2006, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by AllGoNoShow
Aparantly accidents are the slowest process through all of insurance, you wanna know how slow? Wannaneesa + Statefarm together gave me 6 months as a limit for the chick who rear ended me. 5 of that was spent waiting to hear from them, 1 was for treatment, by the time the 6 month limit hit, they hadn't even gotten halfway through the paperwork.

Month and a half? pift consider yourself lucky.

well if i hadent asked my foster dad to help me im sure it woulda took longer. After that and i finally got into contact with the other persons insurence (unifund) they were quite fast at the whole proccesss probly week and a half and i got my money. after all is said and done, startfarm still hasent manage to get into contact wit unifund. and then they call me and expect me to call them. WTF

max_boost
06-18-2006, 02:28 PM
I get VIP treatment from Statefarm. Statefarm FTW.
They are really against modded cars so don't get too carried away :D

01RedDX
06-18-2006, 04:45 PM

AllGoNoShow
06-18-2006, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by 01RedDX
:thumbsdow for Statefarm

State your reason otherwise your opinion is useless to us. Maybe there is something we should look out for being current members?

Palmiros
06-19-2006, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by vtec4life
statefarm is soo tite student discount is like $500 a year! so if u got decent grades go with them:burnout:

Define decent grades.

b_t
06-19-2006, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by Palmiros

Define decent grades.

3.0 GPA or above 75%