PDA

View Full Version : Wat to do about stolen car?

3G
06-16-2006, 03:32 PM
I will post up a stolen car thread in a bit but my buddy had his 91 Honda accord stolen from in front of his house last night. he called the cops and file a report now he doesnt know if he should contact his insurance companyt cuz hes scared his rates will go up, can anyone who had their car stolen give us some insight?

Xtrema
06-16-2006, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by 3G
I will post up a stolen car thread in a bit but my buddy had his 91 Honda accord stolen from in front of his house last night. he called the cops and file a report now he doesnt know if he should contact his insurance companyt cuz hes scared his rates will go up, can anyone who had their car stolen give us some insight?

Why not? Unlike accidents, this is no fault of his. If he has full coverage, call insurance. That's what they are for.

The Cosworth
06-16-2006, 03:46 PM
I think if your car has been stolen more than once, or you've had bad luck, (lots of tickets, break and enters) it MIGHT

but if its generally ok, its not his fault as "xtrema" pointed out, so it shouldnt

Unless of course he left the doors unlocked and the keys in it ;)

kaput
06-16-2006, 04:28 PM

The Cosworth
06-16-2006, 05:01 PM
my dads car was stolen and it was gone for over a month... long fucking joy ride.. it was full of gas.. 4 cyl camry with like an 80 liter tank

it was parked in senic acres and this guy just called us after he found our registration.

it was a bitch to deal with

i bought the car and use a club all the time now

rc2002
06-16-2006, 06:01 PM
Even if you're not at fault and the insurance company has to pay out I'm pretty sure it's still considered a claim. You should get your buddy to ask your insurance company to confirm this.

3G
06-16-2006, 09:28 PM
He is going to call his insurance on monday, fuckin thieves :thumbsdow