PDA

View Full Version : New Subaru owner, needs opinion

Subie4life
06-16-2006, 06:41 PM
I recently bought a 2006 Impreza 2.5i Wagon and am quite impressed. Sorry to say it's not a WRX but a budget is a budget. ;)

I have only one issue. The alarm that is standard with the base model Impreza is weak, at best. I park downtown and on the street at night and need to get a reasonably priced security system. I was at Future Shop and saw a Nodic 2-way alarm system for $300, installed. I know about Viper and Compustart but have no experience with Nordic. Are they any good? Is Future Shop (in Country Hills) a decent place to get this done? Again, budget is a concern.

Thanks in advance.

redevil
06-16-2006, 08:33 PM
Sweet! Welcome to the suby world. I just picked mine up in April. As far as alarms, I need ideas too but so far the alarms/starter I've used that were really good is Compustar. Which I bet everyone else will say as well. Price wise I don't know what they go for.

jcrules99
06-16-2006, 08:47 PM
Contact derdall designs for compustar info, one of the sponsors

Subie4life
06-17-2006, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by jcrules99

I've read nothing but good things about them. I'll check it out when they open. Thanks. :thumbsup:

CRXguy
06-17-2006, 10:11 AM
Do not go there. Shady service. :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

Subie4life
06-17-2006, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by CRXguy
Do not go there. Shady service. :thumbsdow :thumbsdow
What do you reccommend as an alternative?

Did I see you in Coventry Hills last weekend? If so, nice ride. :thumbsup:

Subie4life
06-19-2006, 10:17 AM

Well, called Derdall Design and their number is not in service. Called 255-0474 as listed in the white pages and from their website. So what gives? :confused:

CRXguy
06-20-2006, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Subie4life

What do you reccommend as an alternative?

Did I see you in Coventry Hills last weekend? If so, nice ride. :thumbsup:

I got mine done in Forest Lawn. :D The shop is called K&N Auto Service, in that strip mall near the old Hub Oil. I think I paid $580 tax in and they gave me a free second remote(not the LCD one).

I was up there last sunday for my buddy's birthday, so it could've been me. Thanks.

dosun
06-20-2006, 01:11 PM

I got my WRX done there along with a buddy of mine. They were a little weak on their time estimates, but overall did a fantastic job! I'd recommend them...

DoubleLP
08-01-2006, 04:10 PM
Read carefully......

Derdall Designs SUCKS (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=137052&highlight=derdall+designs)