06-17-2006, 01:10 AM
i have no idea whats wrong
just every 20 minutes or so it just shuts off
no matter what im doing
but its more likely to shut off when im running more then one program
anyone have an idea how to fix it

BokCh0y
06-17-2006, 01:12 AM
could be running to hot. did u try opening it up and cleaning out the dust and stuff with a can of spray air? spray around the processor and proc. fan area. had same issue before and it was the proc getting to hot and shutting the comp down. hopefully that's it.

anarchy
06-17-2006, 01:13 AM
By no means am I an expert, but check your fan to see if it's running or if it's clean or filled with dust. If your computer overheats, it can shut down on you. Just a thought.

avow
06-17-2006, 01:13 AM
yea sounds like the cpu is overheating. check your temps and that your heatsink is mounted and has thermal paste.

Kamen
06-17-2006, 01:53 AM
Either that or you got some spyware. I had one before that did the same thing, ran spybot and a virus scan and it went away.

eblend
06-17-2006, 09:22 AM
go to bios and system info and it should show u the temp ur processor is running if its higher then 50ish and keeps climbing then ur shit is full of dust or the fan does not function

djayz
06-17-2006, 09:34 AM
over heating or you have spyware
most likely over heating...keep your fans and insides free of dust by blowing dust out regularly.

The Cosworth
06-17-2006, 09:46 AM
Yup although if the fan wasnt working AT ALL, it would have fried the CPU by now, so its probably either the case fan or lots and lots of dust. Simple Simple check, as long as its not a notebook, clean it out and leave the panel off and try to run it, or better yet blow just a regular house fan in there too and see if it does it.