PDA

View Full Version : 24 Heures du Mans

Alpine Autowerks
06-17-2006, 06:37 PM
a diesel 5 laps in the lead ? with 15 hours to go.

thanks Speedvision for the coverage

iceburns288
06-17-2006, 08:46 PM
Yeah I'm glad we have great coverage. Still at night now, 12:15 left. I really want to hear the diesels, but it's hard because they're so easily drowned out by other cars!

These cars have incredibly bright lights:eek:

Alpine Autowerks
06-18-2006, 04:35 PM
chris

as you can see from the activity in this thread ...calgary is purely a stick and ball sports town

restrictor racing has come to a new era. Peugeot is bringing their diesel next year...wonder if they can get Jean Todt back?

AllGoNoShow
06-18-2006, 05:48 PM
Damn the TDI won, thats sweet :D:D

Tried to watch a couple hours of it, made it till about 1am then fell asleep on a buddies couch till I got a phone call.

THe vette won G2 right?

bart
06-18-2006, 06:15 PM
TDI racing started because of me a few years back :) remember that folks!

A2VR6
06-19-2006, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by AllGoNoShow

THe vette won G2 right?

yep, the aston had clutch problems about 3 hours before the finish.

frostyda9
07-04-2006, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Alpine Autowerks

as you can see from the activity in this thread ...calgary is purely a stick and ball sports town

no kidding :eek:

Anyways, belated congrats to the R10 for doing what I knew it would. The R8 was just about unbeatable, R10 looks ready to follow in it's footsteps albeit in a completely different way :thumbsup:

Redlyne_jr
07-15-2006, 07:17 AM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

Alpine Autowerks
07-15-2006, 07:18 AM
I hope the diesel era is short lived; ACO gave too many advantages to AUDI

The diesels were allowed a 38mm restrictor instead of 33mm for gasoline

Audi was allowed to supply their own fuel ...everybody else at Lemans uses ACO supplied fuel from a common reservoir.

They allowed more displacement, boost and variable geometry turbos

It was not a fair race because the rules were not the same for everybody

nismodrifter
07-17-2006, 04:53 PM
The audi is not making nearly as much power as it could though. The TDI puts out no smoke! They need to put in more fuel :)

BerserkerCatSplat
07-17-2006, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Alpine Autowerks
I hope the diesel era is short lived; ACO gave too many advantages to AUDI

The diesels were allowed a 38mm restrictor instead of 33mm for gasoline

Audi was allowed to supply their own fuel ...everybody else at Lemans uses ACO supplied fuel from a common reservoir.

They allowed more displacement, boost and variable geometry turbos

It was not a fair race because the rules were not the same for everybody

Agreed, I think we'll see some rule-tweaking next year. I suspect the ACO underestimted the TDI, hence the lax rules.

frostyda9
07-17-2006, 07:07 PM
They'll probably make the diesel powered cars fuel tanks smaller, to counter the extra mileage. I just want to see the R10 win again next year, but with Tom Kristensen behind the wheel :D