PDA

View Full Version : Building a swimming pool.

5abi
06-17-2006, 07:20 PM
Hello guys,

well i'm planning on building a swimming pool in the back yard, and covering it next year.

I was wondering if ne one has done this, and what i need to do this?

also do you guys know ne ppl who build pools professionaly.

Its gotta be an inground btw.

THanks.

and oddjob dont' tell me u can get me a deal.

Fcuk
06-17-2006, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by 5abi
Hello guys,

well i'm planning on building a swimming pool in the back yard, and covering it next year.

I was wondering if ne one has done this, and what i need to do this?

also do you guys know ne ppl who build pools professionaly.

Its gotta be an inground btw.

THanks.

****and oddjob dont' tell me u can get me a deal.****

:rofl: :werd: oddjob

Lo)2enz0
06-17-2006, 07:48 PM
my parents have one, but it was built like an actual building. you have to turn it off during the winter or it will crack from heating it. We made that mistake our first winter we lived in the house. We had to replace the piping and everything because of it. I personally like it, its nice being able to go swimming in non pee infested water...unless your brother gets busted having sex in there LOL

5abi
06-17-2006, 08:05 PM
lol @ ur brother.

hahaha.

but ne ways, u can't use it in the winter even if its indoor"?

Lo)2enz0
06-17-2006, 08:11 PM
nope, since the ground is frozen it will just crack the structure once it cools down if you decide to turn it off in the winter. but if you have the money to run it in the winter you have to have it running all the time and its really expensive. my dad turns it off just because of how much it costs to run it in the winter. None the less awsome investment if you love the water

l8braker
06-18-2006, 01:59 PM
I think is was Arctic Pool and Spa who did all of the maintenance on my dad's old pool. THey're on Centre St. South. Although they didn't build it, they will know who the best people are to talk to. The work they did was always above and beyond. The pool was a thick plastic liner that was perfect for Calgary. Soo many good stories and times with it.

Lo)2enz0
06-18-2006, 06:45 PM
ya those are the guys who cleaned out the pool twice for us. they sure know what they are talking about.