PDA

View Full Version : Moisture in the headlights

fallen
06-18-2006, 12:19 PM
Right now, I'm starting to see moisture form in my left headlight Angel eye projector from DEPO), what would be the best way to open it so I can clean the moisture and what would be the best way to reseal(what sealant should i use) it?

Thanks

AllGoNoShow
06-18-2006, 12:43 PM
Without taking the whole thing apart, just let it sit out by a warm *not hot u will start to melt shit and ruin them* source, if you know where the leak started then try and put that close to the warm source. If its sunny, hot and slightly breezy where you live, put it outside on the deck or something, that works as well.

To take the headlights apart often involves throwing them in the oven to bake the sealant they use off and pop them open, but this is a longer process and isn't really needed.

A freind at work just fixed his Jetta tails that were leaking. I gave him some Clear window sealant *for windsheilds and windows that leak, adhevies to other things as well*, in a blue squeeze thing I bought from Canadian Tire, just spread it around the seal of the lense and the backing and you should be good to go.

topmade
06-18-2006, 12:46 PM
^^ :werd:

Clear silicone works great, just make sure it's dried out first.

sgouki
06-21-2006, 12:59 AM
finding a leak will be a pain.
placing a light coat of silicon around the lamp(where the plastic cover meets the lamp) will often solve the problem but it wouldn't hurt to silicon every part that appears to let moisture in.

rc2002
06-21-2006, 09:04 AM
You don't have to take it apart to clean out the moisture. Just take the bulb out and let it try out naturally. Then run some automotive goop around the seam of the the headlight and that shoudl solve your problem.

This is exactly why you should stick with OEM parts. OEM is always better than aftermarket counterparts.