PDA

View Full Version : Bell Treo 650 Q's

BrknFngrs
06-18-2006, 04:04 PM
Anybody here using a treo 650 on bell, specifially with navigation of any kind? Im looking at buying a 650/700p (if it comes out soon enough) but i want to know for sure if it can run navigation. I have tom tom, still need a bluetooth gps reciever but i want to know if it'll connect to the 650 with bluetooth?? My thought was bluetooth is bluetooth, should work fine but I asked at the bell store and they said not a chance....but they also told me that the treo cant sync using bluetooth either so they have 0 credibility with me. Anybody got input that mite help?

TurboMedic
06-18-2006, 07:06 PM
goto
http://portal.treobits.com/
or
http://treocentral.com/

thats where I get all my info for my 650

BrknFngrs
06-18-2006, 07:57 PM
thanks for the links, it says people use gps yet the palm site says it wont work.....very strange. Maybe bell does something weird to their treos regarding what the bluetooth can do??

j_gor78
06-18-2006, 08:37 PM
i am using tom tom on my bell treo 650 just used it yesterday to get me to the medicine hat dragstrip worked good....but the tom tom map for calgary is getting a little old with all this new construction but...no problems using it

BrknFngrs
06-18-2006, 09:23 PM
j_gor, thanks for the straight. "yes it works" answer, its retarded how tough that is to find, even the people that sell the product cant give that kind of answer. As for your gps receiver, which one are you using and does it work pretty well? (no signal drop, etc)

j_gor78
06-18-2006, 09:30 PM
I have the tom tom kit...made by palm I think it is the navigator 5 system but don't quote me on that...has a palm receiver car charger for my phone and the gps reciever....seems to be fine for signal...to be honest I don't know too much about it...i just loaded the program and maps on my palm and it started working....saved my house position and then i enter an address and it tells me where to go....this hot british chick talks to me...it's alot of fun