PDA

View Full Version : Marketplace Rules Change?

bball2
06-19-2006, 09:31 PM
Hey I just saw this on the marketplace rules thing today:

Excessive bumping will result in a closed thread (once a week TOPS).
"bump" type posts are to be separated by at least ONE "non-bump" type post

Are these rules new? I had either never noticed em' before, because I always thought that the rule was: you weren't allowed to bump your thread more than once a day.

bball2
06-19-2006, 09:36 PM
I also noticed that the rules here:

http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1

are different than those here:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=81730
http://forums.beyond.ca/announcement.php?s=&forumid=11

:confused:

Palmiros
06-19-2006, 09:41 PM
Yea, wtf?

Originally posted by Palmiros
bumpity bump
*MOD EDIT* FS thread bumping only allowed once a week. Not following this will result in a closed thread.

That aint what the rules say.

4. Do you like to bump your thread a lot? Bumping more than once a day gets your posts removed, repeated violations gets your thread removed.

So what should i follow? your oppinion or the one posted in the official rules? Thanks for the clarification.

:dunno: :english:

FiveFreshFish
06-19-2006, 09:45 PM
I saw the once-a-week rule months ago, but I also saw conflicting standards as demonstrated by the links you posted. I figure split the difference and bump it twice a week max and I'm okay since I don't sell much stuff anyway.

There's also a sneaky tactic of DELETING your previous bump post and then bumping it again, making it hard to spot violations. :thumbsdow

JAYMEZ
06-19-2006, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
I saw the once-a-week rule months ago, but I also saw conflicting standards as demonstrated by the links you posted. I figure split the difference and bump it twice a week max and I'm okay since I don't sell much stuff anyway.

There's also a sneaky tactic of DELETING your previous bump post and then bumping it again, making it hard to spot violations. :thumbsdow

People being sneaky and breaking the rules will be banned
:thumbsup:

bball2
06-19-2006, 09:53 PM
I dunno, this is the first time I actually noticed the one week rule. I've only seen mods toning down the bumping when its done several times a day :dunno:

kenny
06-19-2006, 10:18 PM
Its been there for about a year or so :) rules are amended often. It is the users responsibility to periodically check up on them.

FiveFreshFish
06-19-2006, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by kenny
Its been there for about a year or so :) rules are amended often. It is the users responsibility to periodically check up on them.

True. But it's the administration's responsibility to keep stated policies consistent.

natejj
06-19-2006, 10:23 PM
So if no one posts in my thread, can i still bump it once every week?

Palmiros
06-19-2006, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by natejj
So if no one posts in my thread, can i still bump it once every week?

Yes..

arian_ma
06-20-2006, 10:22 PM

Yes..

"bump" type posts are to be separated by at least ONE "non-bump" type post

Wtf!!! :confused:

M_K_3
06-20-2006, 10:26 PM
rules need to be fixed lol

gkAeris
06-21-2006, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

True. But it's the administration's responsibility to keep stated policies consistent.

i think it's just common sense, what the admins are trying to say is don't bump your thread too often (being once/day) it becomes annoying. Just don't annoy any moderator/admin with excessive bumping!!

:D

with the thread having to have a post by someone else to be bumped, again just be smart and dont bump too often for a mod to see it.

admins are extermely busy and don't have time to fix every problem

kenny
06-21-2006, 08:57 AM
Go to this link for the rules:

http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1

All other threads, announcements, posts, etc that refer to the rules is not an exhaustive listing of the rules. A forum rule does not disappear or become invalid simply because it is not included on a supplementary listing

Hope that helps!

:D

BerserkerCatSplat
06-21-2006, 09:23 AM
Just use common sense, people.

Palmiros
06-21-2006, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by kenny
Go to this link for the rules:
[url].. A forum rule does not disappear or become invalid simply because it is not included on a supplementary listing

No, it doesn't become invalid or dissapear. It becomes confusing and annoying.

EK 2.0
06-21-2006, 11:04 PM
No, it doesn't become invalid or dissapear. It becomes confusing and annoying.

then leave...no one is forcing you to post or lurk here...

CivicTunr
06-22-2006, 05:26 PM
how bout delete all the old threads? that might be a good idea, some of those threads havent been replied too, for like 6 months, or its already sold.

Thaco
06-22-2006, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by CivicTunr
how bout delete all the old threads? that might be a good idea, some of those threads havent been replied too, for like 6 months, or its already sold. then you'll have tons of people bitching that heir post count has gone down and demanding to know why.