PDA

View Full Version : victoria wax products

Calgarydetail
06-20-2006, 11:52 AM
so im new to this forum however i know a lot about detialing. I have built up a reputation on other forums such as detail city. So i was looking around and noticed that no one here has mentioned victoria wax or zymol products. Im havent used zymol so i wont comment but i do love victoria wax and was wondering what other think. Also what are the big products discussed here so i can give them a try to put in my 2 cents. :thumbsup: Im assuming its megs becasue its alright stuff sold localy but im not sure. Well thnkx for the response

KKY
06-20-2006, 01:39 PM
hmm... never heard of victoria wax. then again, i'm pretty new to this stuff. how does it compare to others?

I'm still trying to decide on a LSP. leaning more towards synthetic sealents though.

Calgarydetail
06-20-2006, 10:19 PM
it works really well. I like it better then nattys blue as well as it sure beats any otc product out there. It is an old fashioned wax on wax off so you apply it with you hands (no appicator here) check it out at www.victoriawax.com also on anther forum i posted a few reviews on there wax and the soap the links are

http://www.detailcity.org/forums/car-wash-soap/18703-victoria-super-soap-review.html

http://www.detailcity.org/forums/lsps-last-step-products/18482-victoria-waxes-concours-wax-red-review.html?highlight=victoria+wax

sorry to the mods for post hoping but those are the reviews so hpe you enjoy them

Mitsu3000gt
06-21-2006, 10:58 AM
Just so you know, paint prep/polishing is 95% of your car's finish looking it's best. Waxes stay on for a short time then their gone. They cannot fill scratches/swirls either. Buy any of the top name waxes and I doubt very much you could tell the difference: Zymol, Mothers, Meguiars, etc.

Another option is a polemer based paint sealent instead of wax. It lasts a long time and is my personal preference.

Mark

Calgarydetail
06-22-2006, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
Just so you know, paint prep/polishing is 95% of your car's finish looking it's best. Waxes stay on for a short time then their gone. They cannot fill scratches/swirls either. Buy any of the top name waxes and I doubt very much you could tell the difference: Zymol, Mothers, Meguiars, etc.

Another option is a polemer based paint sealent instead of wax. It lasts a long time and is my personal preference.

Mark
I do relise that prep is 95% however there is a huge differance between wax. You will notice a hige differance between some and little between others. It is nice to get the best shine after doing all the prep work. No point in topping it with crap and having to do it all gain later. Also with sealents there good but are better as used as a base for the wax. You apply 1 or 2 coats of sealent for protection then top with a high quility lsp such as wax. So to say it is a relpacment for wax is not a fair satement insetad they are complentry to each other

car_buffer
07-10-2006, 02:57 AM
Which is better... Hmmm Both very good but serve a different purpose.

Simple rule, Polymer sealants, less shine, longer lasting.
Carnauba waxes, higher shine less lasting.

Carnauba melts in the sun at a certain temperature, which is fine, but if anything touches it it will come off... Washing, rain etc.

Polymers are so easy to use and last longer. If you said you are entering a car show, I would suggest a rich Carnauba paste wax, hard to work with but brilliant shine.

If you have a daily driver that doesn't need to show off but needs protection all year round, then Polymers would do the trick.

Best of both worlds, Polymer & Carnauba combination in one.
Not all are made the same, high grades of Carnauba and polymers make a differenct. Just like in tire dressings, not all are the same, the more expensive tires dressing contain higher grades of Silicones and Solvents.

Wax your vehicles often, your paint will ove you...:)

Car_Buffer

Si_FlyGuy
07-10-2006, 07:28 AM
Victoria wax is above average, smells kinda girly iirc. Only one or two places carry it in town, so I'm guessing that you're from the detail shop that does.

Zymol's a pain in the ass to put on if you go through all the steps. There are better products for less time imo.

I'm going to argue with the shine part. Carnuaba gives a deeper look, while synthetics give a better reflection (ie. if you have a black car, all you would see with synthetics is a reflection, and very little black).

Carnuaba is also much harder than synthetics in normal operating temperatures. I'd have to research, but I'm quite sure that they don't melt off in the sun. We can always leave a tin of paste wax out in the balcony to test. I've found that Carnuaba lasts longer than synthetics by waxing my car half carnuaba/half synthetic and observing the water run-off patterns.

I think that a few points that you've made are misleading....and yes, I've tried most of the products you can find.

Also, waxing your car often without stripping the existing wax can cause a buildup that can give your paint a duller look. Subtle, but can be noticed. So don't wax your car that often. :p

Btw..Silicones can wreck your rubber.

car_buffer
07-10-2006, 10:41 AM
Not here to argue with anyone, just stating what I think people are thinking about waxes vs polymers. Do some reading online and see what others are saying about it, I'm pretty sure I am not misleading anyone.

I wax my vehicles everytime I wash them, probably twice a week and I maintain them with mist wax in between.
I'm telling you the waxes come off after a few washes, polymers a little bit longer, thus no wax build ups.

I have put many a car in car shows for people and yes Carnauba has the deepest shine, I have had a detailing business for over 20 years and I distribute a line I think is on the top end of the scale.

I specialize in black cars that other can't seem to not get right. I think putting a tub of wax outside in the sun is not a good test, the wax is dense and clumped in one ball, on the car it is thin and spread out.

There are no such products on the market that will last 6 or more months, even if it states it is a paint sealant. I have done many pro packs and used almost all the products, read the fine print, they all need maintenance, some lesser, but the ones with higher shine need more maintenance.

Most of all the tires manufactures ship their tires with silicone on them to preserve them longer, thus silicone is not bad for your tires. Petroleum based products on tires will ruin them, and some dressings containing brake fluid will also have a bad effect on your tires. Yes brake fluid, how do you think you get that high shine.

Like I said not here to argue, just giving my input about my experience over the past 20 years.

Thanx

Car_Buffer

teggypimp95
07-10-2006, 11:01 AM
Car_buffer:

I have a black gti, and about a month and a half ago, i did clay bar, then mequires # 9, then gold class, im looking to wax again pretty soon and i was just curious what you would susject for the best look and long lasting. Also to help hide or remove squirls. I do it buy hand or just those cheep electic buffers( not high speed). The steps i did looks great after but only lasted so long. What can u susjest for me. I am big into detailing also and was the main detailer for BMW a few years back, but they only used cheap products.

Calgarydetail
07-11-2006, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by Si_FlyGuy
Victoria wax is above average, smells kinda girly iirc. Only one or two places carry it in town, so I'm guessing that you're from the detail shop that does.

Zymol's a pain in the ass to put on if you go through all the steps. There are better products for less time imo.

I'm going to argue with the shine part. Carnuaba gives a deeper look, while synthetics give a better reflection (ie. if you have a black car, all you would see with synthetics is a reflection, and very little black).

Carnuaba is also much harder than synthetics in normal operating temperatures. I'd have to research, but I'm quite sure that they don't melt off in the sun. We can always leave a tin of paste wax out in the balcony to test. I've found that Carnuaba lasts longer than synthetics by waxing my car half carnuaba/half synthetic and observing the water run-off patterns.

I think that a few points that you've made are misleading....and yes, I've tried most of the products you can find.

Also, waxing your car often without stripping the existing wax can cause a buildup that can give your paint a duller look. Subtle, but can be noticed. So don't wax your car that often. :p

Btw..Silicones can wreck your rubber.

yes 2 clean is the only shop that sells it in calgary but i didnt not buy from him instead i bought from david at victoria wax. It is definlty a high end was and works well. And no i dont work for a shop io work matiance at a lake lol.

As yo polymers and sealents they are gerat as base coats. They offer some wicked protection but dont give you the same depth and shine of a wax. If you want good protection and a wicked shine i would use a polymer sleant ontop of thepolish then top with a high quilty wax. It will looks good and seal the ppaint well. Just make sure that the 2 bond well or the wax will only last a week or 2. Good luck andhave fun

gp36912
07-11-2006, 01:50 AM
what do you guys think of the turtle platinum paste wax stuff?

Calgarydetail
07-11-2006, 02:04 AM
honstly i have never tried that wax however i have tried many other of turtle waxes products and wasdisapouinted by all of the, Im not saying this is a bad wax but my exerance has shown me to go with megs or mothers first

TimG
07-11-2006, 10:42 AM
Zurtle wax from CT is garbage.

"real" Zymol is WAY WAY overpriced.

Slap some Klasse or Zaino on and then top with something like S-100 for the ultimate shine :thumbsup:

teggypimp95
07-11-2006, 10:48 AM
What do you guys think of Zymol? I have only used it a couple times but never really compaired it. Its a hell of alot of work beucase its so oily and you cant let it dry, but is it worth it. I am looking to get myself into some super high end products to do a fully detail job on my pain. (black). Through out some ideas, starting with clay bar, then what? I only do it by hand or those slow rotory buffers.

Calgarydetail
07-11-2006, 11:18 AM
I have never tried zymol simply because of the outragous price however i was once much like you (and to a point still am) and want to try a wax becasue its supposidly the best. I brought this same topic up at detail city and it made some big waves, however the general consensious of thoise who i feel are the best in the wrold at this thing said dont spend the money, instead buy either soveign(sp) for under 100 which works so amazingly. It is a Wax on wax off so its fun to use, The other choice was victoria wax, it is very similar to zymol. it needs to be applied by the palm of you hand and cant dry (it is the same as zymols application) I know i push victoria wax alot however i have tired more then my fair share of waxs. I have about 50oz still sitting ing my garage (after using a ton) and honeslty the best wax i have ever used where the three from victoria. They dont give you a wicked shine but they give you a deep look as well as you get that nice carnumba glow. Before you spend a few hundred on zymol give vw a try.

teggypimp95
07-11-2006, 11:31 AM
Where do i buy it from? And what do u susject for doing before the victora wax? i previously did the clay bar (which i will do again) but inbetween i did the megs # 9.( squirl remover) it worked great at the time, but only hid them and now there back. ANy other susjestions with out using a high speed power polisher?

car_buffer
07-11-2006, 09:31 PM
If your vehilce has alot of swirls and you don;t want to waste alot of time with it, use a Swirl remover, our Auto Magic products work very well.
I would use XP Swirl Remover and then use a polymer/Carnauba paste was to get the highest shine.

Megs swirl remover is a great product as well, but found it a little hard to work with and even harder to remove, but worked well.

The products I suggested you can use without a high speed polisher, work very well.

Let me know if there is anything you may need, you can always send me an e-mail.

If your using Clay make sure it is a mild clay, the medium clays will leave heavy scrathes and then you will have to polish them out.

Thanx

Car_Buffer

teggypimp95
07-18-2006, 11:44 AM
I am looking to do a big wax job this weekend. Where could i find the victora wax and the auto magic swirl removers that you were talking about?

Will the victora wax be best on a black car? or do i want something else?

Calgarydetail
07-18-2006, 01:41 PM
you can pick up the victoria wax at 2 clean on center street. They will take care of you. Im not sure as to the swirl remover however when at 2 clean ask whcih wax would be best for your finsh (there are 3 kinds depending on how your car is upkept). have fun waxing

Jed Bouscal
07-23-2006, 06:34 PM
My 2 cents: A quality high grade carnauba wax should not melt off in the sun. A cheap carnauba wax that uses cheap ingredients may haze. If you wash your car safely and effectively you shouldn't need to apply new wax for 3 months or so.

sneek
07-27-2006, 09:56 AM
IMO 3 months is a little long. Meguiar's #26 claims to last up to 6 months but I am almost positive that it doesn't