PDA

View Full Version : sr20det wierd problem????

asp integra
06-20-2006, 12:00 PM
when i went to start my sr20det'd 240 this morning it was kinda of sputtering and sounded like it was close to stalling when i just had it at an idle(the rpms were bouncing from about 500 to 900 rpm when it was idleing), i tried to rev it up to get it running smooth but there was very slow response and it lagged quite a bit, i was just wondering if anyone has had this problem or if there is anything i should look for or check out, thanks alot

Sorath
06-20-2006, 12:15 PM
reset ecu, if that doesnt fix it, turn up ur idle

craigcd
06-20-2006, 12:16 PM
Could be the MAF if it wont rev up. Check and make sure its connected correct.

Just a thought.

Happened to me before.

Craig

khojaman
06-20-2006, 12:45 PM
you need a new o2 sensor

T78Supra1
06-20-2006, 12:53 PM
I agree i think is an O2 sensor.....they always go on those 240's

Zephyr
06-20-2006, 02:05 PM
o2 or maf, but probably maf.. i ran without a o2 sensor for a day it was fine, just smelled like crap

86max
06-20-2006, 02:17 PM
Your maf plug is most likely loose, use some electrical tape or something to hold it in.

Originally posted by Sorath

That's the worst solution I've ever heard lol

asp integra
06-20-2006, 07:39 PM
when i got home from work i checked around under the hood and made sure everything was connected properly, i took it for a quick spin, it started fine this time, and after accellerating up into 3rd gear and going about 60km/h the car started to go faster and slower very quickly like i kept taking my foot off, then putting it back on the pedal very quickly, even though i had my foot steady, is this a sign of the maf plug being loose or a more serious problem, also i noticed there are alot of things running off the batter, would that cause any of these problems?

asp integra
06-20-2006, 07:41 PM
heres the best pic of have of the battery area right now, also the turbo timer and new fans are running off the battery, but i dont that would cause any problems i dont think, but im not to sure

SilverBoost
06-20-2006, 10:25 PM
First place to start is to check your codes. Otherwise you're just guessing.

When my MAFS was about to go, it gave me sporadic surges.... almost like a fuel cut off. Then within a day or so, bang, it was gone al together. Don't know what the symptoms are on the SR, but I can't see it being that different.

86max
06-20-2006, 10:56 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v98/86MAX/DSC02784.jpg

Wiggle that plug while the car is idling and I bet you'll notice the difference. After it's in properly secure it with something like tape or zipties etc.

EK 2.0
06-20-2006, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Sorath

hahahahahahahahaahah WTF???

a vac leak maybe??...

but highly doubt an O2 Sensor...

sbhaloo
06-20-2006, 11:05 PM
Listen man i think its your o2 senser. i had the same problem.

i wuld hit the gas and it would take of slow and all of a sudden pick up like crazy.

Does it seem like there is a blockage of presure if yes i am telling you its yur o2 senser.
that my 2 cents

do whatever u like.

thesmackdown
06-21-2006, 12:16 AM
The o2 sensor wouldn't cause that to happen though, or at least it shouldn't unless your motor has other problems. Seriously I can unplug my o2 sensor all together and the effects are pretty minimal. If the mafs were bad he wouldn't be going past 2500 rpm. But as said above check the codes on your ecu, that is the first thing you should ever do when there is a problem with the engine, it will tell you almost always what is wrong.

Here is just a guess, and i mean just a guess. Does this problem only seem to happen when the car is fully warmed up? What you have described sounds like the coolant temperature sensor is not functioning properly. You have two of them. One of them that runs the retard gauge and one that sends a signal to the ecu. When the one that sends the signal to the ecu starts to go bad or malfunctions it will cause a lot of sporatic problems including bad idle, bogging and so forth.

Once and only once my MAFS came loose on deerfoot. You will notice when it happens because your car will completely die. There is a chance like andy says it could be loose. Always hope it is something simple. But if your car is starting fine at first then acting up, a good chance is that it is your coolant temp sensor. Coolant temp sensor is code 13 on your ecu. If it is the CTS then go to nissan and buy a CTS for a 91-94 B13 SR20DE sentra.

asp integra
06-21-2006, 01:12 PM
thanks for the help guys, i found a lose plug that sits right next to the fill cap for the windshield washer fluid, after taping it secure i went for a good drive and it worked great and there were no problems.

asp integra
06-23-2006, 05:54 PM
well i took apart the maf and reconected everything and made sure all the connections were strong, and then i went for a drive and about 2 kms in al of a sudden there is no power at all and it died on me as soon as i pulled over, i walked home and went back to the car a 1/2 hour later to get it off 17th and i just barely got it on to 73rd street and while i was trying to drive it , my foot was on the gas steady but the car was shaking pretty violently, so i got it towed this morn to the certigard near my house so we will see whats wrong with it, hopefully nothing major

EK 2.0
06-23-2006, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by khojaman
you need a new o2 sensor

Originally posted by sbhaloo
Listen man i think its your o2 senser. i had the same problem.

i wuld hit the gas and it would take of slow and all of a sudden pick up like crazy.

Does it seem like there is a blockage of presure if yes i am telling you its yur o2 senser.
that my 2 cents

do whatever u like.

hmmmm interesting...

JAYMEZ
06-24-2006, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by asp integra
well i took apart the maf and reconected everything and made sure all the connections were strong, and then i went for a drive and about 2 kms in al of a sudden there is no power at all and it died on me as soon as i pulled over, i walked home and went back to the car a 1/2 hour later to get it off 17th and i just barely got it on to 73rd street and while i was trying to drive it , my foot was on the gas steady but the car was shaking pretty violently, so i got it towed this morn to the certigard near my house so we will see whats wrong with it, hopefully nothing major

Hows the car going now Ben? Did you ever check if your clutch was gone?

Sorath
06-24-2006, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

hahahahahahahahaahah WTF???

a vac leak maybe??...

but highly doubt an O2 Sensor...
worked for me...

tapout
06-24-2006, 03:36 AM
if the 02 sensor is gone your engine light should be on.

the_new_santa
06-24-2006, 12:12 PM
omg... The 02 sendor does not cmoe inot play until your engine is in closed loop. If it was the o2 sensor it would be fine off of the bat and then after it switches from open loop to closed loop it would come into play...but what they said above is true, you can unplug ur 02 sensor and run the car all day with no problems. Maybe a check engine light and some stinky exhaust thats about it.......

asp integra
06-25-2006, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi

Hows the car going now Ben? Did you ever check if your clutch was gone?

the clutch was pretty much new, so i know its not that