PDA

View Full Version : dont know where to start

chunalt787
06-20-2006, 10:47 PM
I am into cars as much as the next guy and have always wanted to step in a little more. I currently drive a I4 honda accord coupe and love to run it as hard as I can but frankly its not that hard. I am going to college soon so I need a car that I can take with me that will be pretty cheap to get into. I would like it to be at least somewhat reliable and its gotta have power. im sick of the i4. I was lookin at camaros. Is there anything comperable or better that I should be looking at? im thinkin around 6-8 grand.

nonsane
06-21-2006, 07:54 AM
There are tonnes of cheap cars you can get and improve with that money. It all comes down to your personal proference.

Also don't think how much power, think how much power to weight, and suspension.

For example: Ferrari 360 has 400 horsepower
Dodge viper has 510 horsepower

Which do you think is better? and why? because of less weight/better handling.

I personally like the older volkswagens because they are quick and many of their parts are interchangable :D

Mitsu3000gt
06-21-2006, 10:24 AM
Going from your honda to a comaro will, IMO, be upping the gas consumption, lowering build quality (sit in the two or drive over some bumps and you will know what I mean instantly), and increasing straight line speed. I am not sure which of the 3 things are most important to you but if you like buying gas and going fast straight, and don't care about build/reliability buy the camaro - they do appeal to alot of people however. I know a few people who have the newer body style ones that are plagued with problems. If you want something super reliable, reasonably fast still with decent handling, for your particular price range, I'd stick to the japs or go with chunalt's suggestion with a VW.

Mark

chunalt787
06-21-2006, 03:50 PM
well I have been talkin to people and have heard alot about the bad quality in the camaros. ya I care about gas but not too much. What would be a good jap that can get some speed that i could get in my price range?