PDA

View Full Version : Multilple Car Owners - Insurance?

Ekliptix
04-08-2003, 07:40 PM
You you have to pay insurance for one car at a time and only drive that car, or can you get a deal where both cars are unsured, but only one at a time?

Thanks.

Weapon_R
04-08-2003, 07:44 PM
You can do two cars, and drive em both. My dad has three cars under his name, and his insurance only increases marginally because of they know he can't be driving all three at any one time. When I was put on the policy, however...that all changed :D

CrAzY_PLaYa
04-09-2003, 09:25 AM
I think you get a discount if u have more than one car :dunno:

theken
04-09-2003, 12:38 PM
i don't have a discount, and i have 3 cars :dunno:

boi-alien
04-09-2003, 12:42 PM
you don't get a discount at all, your premiums just don't increase that much

MerfBall
04-09-2003, 01:07 PM
It all depends on your insurance company. Some insurance companies do multi-vehicle discounts and some also do multi-product discounts for having property and auto insurance.

If all cars are driven at all they will have full insurance on them (or should). If you see yourself only driving one and storing one, then be sure to change the one being stored to bare minimum insurance.

max_boost
04-09-2003, 01:46 PM
Statefarm!
They have discounts for everything....
Multiple cars
Good grades
Good record
Common law
Life insurance

My insurance dropped $50 because I got life insurance.....its like I got it for free and I am saving money haha How does that work.....lol

CRXguy
04-10-2003, 05:00 PM
I gotta call them up and get life insurance. $50/mth is a lot of money, to me anyways! :rofl:

02bump'nWRX
04-12-2003, 10:47 AM
yah i need some help to. I have my wrx and my vette which i only drive ocassionaly. I need to insure both but ama will only insure the vette for like 3k a year and i can't get collector car insurance till i'm 25. I need some sort of multi vehicle policy that won't ass rape me. Can anyone help or are in a silmilar situation

Mikaldor
04-21-2003, 07:47 PM
If you have a garage you can park the one that you are not driving and take the insurance down to fire and theft only. (actually this works so long as it is on private property and not on the road) That will save you some $$ but you have to make sure to call the insurance company to bring the insurance back to full before you drive it. I use Meloche Monnex and they are really understanding of me changing cars like that.

Then make sure that you call Baker insurance for collectors insurance when you are 25. It's a great program at a really good price.

James
04-21-2003, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Mikaldor
If you have a garage you can park the one that you are not driving and take the insurance down to fire and theft only. (actually this works so long as it is on private property and not on the road) That will save you some $$ but you have to make sure to call the insurance company to bring the insurance back to full before you drive it. I use Meloche Monnex and they are really understanding of me changing cars like that.

I had to do this when i had 2 cars last year, but the insurance company didnt like me switching what my primary car was back and forth( which i was doing alot, depending on the weather, Damn Calgary). Hopefully i can work out somekind of Deal with them because this Fall i plan on having 2 Cars, but want to be able to drive both, and seeing as im on my own plan, it really shouldnt matter, because like Ekliptix Said, you cant drive both at the same time.

Mikaldor
04-23-2003, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by James

I had to do this when i had 2 cars last year, but the insurance company didnt like me switching what my primary car was back and forth( which i was doing alot, depending on the weather, Damn Calgary). Hopefully i can work out somekind of Deal with them because this Fall i plan on having 2 Cars, but want to be able to drive both, and seeing as im on my own plan, it really shouldnt matter, because like Ekliptix Said, you cant drive both at the same time.

:dunno: I never got any grief from my insurance company about swapping back and forth. And they were totally anal about mailing out new pink slips every time I made a change. (Had a period last summer where I made 6 changes in 2 weeks... got a heck of a lot of mail from them) :nut: