PDA

View Full Version : To de-badge or not to de-badge???

beyondmike
06-21-2006, 04:48 PM
What do you guys think of removing the model badge from the back of the car? Removing the model (ie. Intergra, 325CI, Civic)
or de-badging. I was thinking of de-badging my BMW 325CI so it doesn't show the 325CI on the back to have a clean look.

mac_82
06-21-2006, 04:50 PM
I took the S-U-B-A-R-U off my trunk, looks much better now. :thumbsup:

Turned em into magnets for my fridge.

GQBalla
06-21-2006, 04:53 PM
thats a good idea! ^^^

but back on topic remove tha badges makes it look so clean

5hift
06-21-2006, 04:57 PM
I think it depends on the car. If I had a M3 or S4 I would never de-badge it. But for a 325CI, take em off.

Orbie
06-21-2006, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by 5hift
I think it depends on the car. If I had a M3 or S4 I would never de-badge it. But for a 325CI, take em off.

5hift brings up a good point, it depends why you're debadging. If you really wanted a clean look fine (in which case you would also not hesitate to de-badge a M3, M5 etc). There is a member on this board who was contemplating debadging his AMG to make it look more a sleeper, in that case you can tell he just likes the look because to anyone who knows the physical differences of the AMG they would know what it truly was. BUT if you're just trying to hide the fact that you bought an entry level BMW and you want people to think it's something more, than save yourself the time and the effort because that just makes it stupid. Be proud of your car, it's still a BMW nothing to be ashamed of!

infected
06-21-2006, 08:30 PM
Stealth is the way to go. :burnout:

AllGoNoShow
06-21-2006, 09:20 PM
I would

Luckly for us german owners its only sticky tape too so its nice and easy ;)

Little goo gone, little fishing line, little paitence/time, lot better look.

Eken9
06-21-2006, 09:24 PM
I got tired of getting my badges stolen:thumbsdow Better in my garage then in some punk kids hand, scratching up my trunk with a flathead.

beyondmike
06-22-2006, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Orbie

5hift brings up a good point, it depends why you're debadging. If you really wanted a clean look fine (in which case you would also not hesitate to de-badge a M3, M5 etc). There is a member on this board who was contemplating debadging his AMG to make it look more a sleeper, in that case you can tell he just likes the look because to anyone who knows the physical differences of the AMG they would know what it truly was. BUT if you're just trying to hide the fact that you bought an entry level BMW and you want people to think it's something more, than save yourself the time and the effort because that just makes it stupid. Be proud of your car, it's still a BMW nothing to be ashamed of!

You made some good points and I agree with you 100%. I like the clean look and I'm not trying to hide the fact I don't have an M3. To the BMW fanatic, they can easily tell the difference and it may look like I'm trying to hide something to them. I'm sure even the average Joe can tell the difference. What makes me question is when other cars place an ///M badge on their car when it's not an ///M, not my style. Some think debadging is hiding, some think it's clean.

stardotstar
06-22-2006, 09:32 PM
I debadged my car, I just think it makes my car look nicer. I don't really care what people will think. Do what you like.

euro_racer
06-22-2006, 10:04 PM
i tryed to de-badge my jetta but turns out not all european cars use sticky tape.

my car is black so i did it the getto style and painted the badges black..turned out quite nice i think :thumbsup: