PDA

View Full Version : what should i go with for a sound system

wyattjo
06-22-2006, 12:42 AM
just wondering what you guys with explorers would recommend for a sound system as far as types and sizes of subs and how to set it up if you got any ideas let me know thanks

evo916
06-25-2006, 11:01 PM
i have a blazer that im running 2 12" mb quartz and an 800 watt pioneer monoblock amp, also alpine mids and tweets with a 250 watt 4 channel amp for them while still using the stock speakers also for just that extra little bit, mine sounds really good and pretty loud at the same time

wyattjo
06-28-2006, 08:40 PM
thanks

Mitsu3000gt
07-05-2006, 11:47 AM
Without spending insane money, your best possible sound setup, IMO, will be:

CDT HD 62 6.5" components
1 or 2 Image Dynamics ID 10 V3 subs. in 0.7 cubic foot sealed box.
Alpine MRD M301 to run the sub
Alpine MRV F-340 to run the speakers
Alpine deck of your choice.
Ditch the rear speakers and ONLY use the fronts (sound waves cancel when they hit eachother).

You will have a system that can play louder than you ever want to listen to it at, sound better than almost anything else, SUPER tight/quick bass that isn't at all overpowering and you didn't totally break the bank. The above setup + install is probably 2500-3000$, and the best I've ever heard hands down. I also prefer the CDT's over FOCAL. Also, people are using that Image Dynamics Sub ($110US) in $20,000USD sound quality setups, and I own one and I can vouch its the best sub I've heard, do not let the price fool you. Way to many people listen with their wallet and not their ears, and buy subs like JL and Rockford that are marked up 1000% and mass produced. With CDT and Image Dynamics you get way more than you pay for because there is no middle man either.

Mark