PDA

View Full Version : Help !!!

gsargent
06-22-2006, 01:44 PM
Could someone please help me. I just bought a 1995 Dodge Spirit. It has 30,00 original Klms or about 25000 miles. It has been sitting for about six months and when I drive it the engine shakes here and there. I put in some carb cleaner and it helped a bit but it's still there every now and there, Another person told me that I probably need to do a tune up. I want to save money and was wondering if this is something that I can do myself. I got a set of instructions from parts source on how to do it. but it says that I should change the distributor and rotor also, but I was always under the impression that there was some special way that this had to be done. Any help anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks..Greg :confused: :confused:

Mitsu3000gt
06-22-2006, 02:58 PM
Unfortunately, your largest problem is that it's a dodge spirit, and it probably is about that rough even if it had no problems. Also 30,000 km = 18750 miles. They are most certainly not known for their reliability, but I guess parts are probably cheap. Either way, it is not good for a car to just sit for a really long time. The first thing to go is usually your brakes so you should check that out. Also you should make sure no water/condensation got in the gas tank (if it wasn't stored at full tank. Your car likely needs new brakes, and probably a tuneup. I'd go get an inspection if I were you if the car has been sitting for most it's life.'

Are 1995 Dodge Spirits still carborated??????

Mark

gsargent
06-22-2006, 03:03 PM
Thanks for your help.

Greg

QuasarCav
06-22-2006, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
Unfortunately, your largest problem is that it's a dodge spirit, and it probably is about that rough even if it had no problems. Also 30,000 km = 18750 miles. They are most certainly not known for their reliability, but I guess parts are probably cheap. Either way, it is not good for a car to just sit for a really long time. The first thing to go is usually your brakes so you should check that out. Also you should make sure no water/condensation got in the gas tank (if it wasn't stored at full tank. Your car likely needs new brakes, and probably a tuneup. I'd go get an inspection if I were you if the car has been sitting for most it's life.'

Are 1995 Dodge Spirits still carborated??????

Mark

Nope but Carb cleaner is $2 cheaper than TB cleaner.

gsargent
06-22-2006, 03:04 PM
what is TB cleaner

Greg

BerserkerCatSplat
06-22-2006, 03:11 PM
Throttle Body Cleaner.

gsargent
06-22-2006, 03:14 PM
What is the purpose of tb cleaner and what does it do?? Thanks again as far as a tune up should I attempt this by myself or take it to a mechanic.. Thanks Greg

Mitsu3000gt
06-22-2006, 03:28 PM
Take it to a mechanic, it'll cost you a few hundred bucks and usually includes things like new spark plugs. It is basically done to make your motor run better/smoother/more efficently by making it more like it was when it was new.

Mark