PDA

View Full Version : mr2 jerking back and forth...

sh0ko
06-23-2006, 08:16 AM
so i went to go look at a 90 mr2 jdm yesterday and its pure jdm. Now it has BOV, blitz boost controller, turbo timer, 2.5 inch downpipe and thats all However when we drove it and stepped on the gas the car would jerk forward and back really hard several times b4 it went and it did that mostly in 1st 2nd gear. It wasnt as bad until my friend fiddled with the boost controller?! anybody know what the hell could be the problem!? some guy told me it was a big big deal with the engine and id need to do an engine swap but i couldnt c why lurking would be an engine problem rather than a tranny problem.

BokCh0y
06-23-2006, 08:20 AM
sounds like it hesitating during low rpm's in 1st and 2nd. there's a few threads about this.

Ek9Max
06-23-2006, 10:03 AM
Could be a number of things. First things to do it to change the spark plugs, wires, distributor cap/rotor.

Ashkente
06-23-2006, 12:31 PM
Mine did this at low speed and on/off throttle transitions. Turns out my motor mounts were hooped. The pins in the rubber circles were sitting on the bottom of the mounts, so the engine was kinda flopping around on accel/decel. :banghead:

Wasn't jerking really hard though..somewhat moderate, like if you were manhandling the clutch.

Zenshi
06-23-2006, 06:11 PM
your friend fiddled with the boost controller on a test drive? B A D :p

I dont think the whole motor needs to be replaced, it might be something to do with the ignition comps (like max said) or the throttle. Mine does that a bit, but Im not too concerned as the motor shouldn't be in my car anyways ;)