PDA

View Full Version : Oilers have 6 players show up to their rally

bspot
06-23-2006, 12:38 PM
"Because we don't celebrate losing"

What a bunch of unappreciative bastards. No wonder their fans flip things, start them on fire and then stab them. Look at the bunch of ungrateful bitches they have to cheer for.

snade831
06-23-2006, 12:40 PM
thats pretty lame.
did most of our team show up :dunno:

bspot
06-23-2006, 01:00 PM
I think every single guy with maybe one or two exceptions for europeans that went back home showed up.

You can't spell Oilers without L-O-S-E-R

rony_espana
06-23-2006, 01:05 PM
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g96/CanuckBabe7_19/Fanworks%20and%20Fun%20Stuff/oilers_losers.gif

///|ndy
06-23-2006, 01:16 PM
City of Chumps

toyboy88
06-23-2006, 01:54 PM
same thing i thought when i saw the paper this morning BOOO:dunno: :thumbsdow lame-o

USED1
06-23-2006, 02:16 PM
Fuck you guys are pathetic, you find anything possible to cut down Edmonton. Obviously you are missing something in your lives so you feel the need to put down people, etc. to make yourselves feel better.

Are you compensating for the lack of something?

:drama:

TurboMedic
06-23-2006, 02:28 PM
Did you all know Edmonton is not called the "city of champions" because of any sports team? Council decided on that slogan after the tornado, and how the city and people came together to help others! They've taken alot of heat for it as everyone assumes it has to do with the sports teams (who are relatively unsuccessful).....

On topic though, it is pretty lame that 6 showed up, thats straight up sore losership

sexualbanana
06-23-2006, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by USED1
Fuck you guys are pathetic, you find anything possible to cut down Edmonton. Obviously you are missing something in your lives so you feel the need to put down people, etc. to make yourselves feel better.

I'm not trying to cut down Edmonton, but don't you think it's at least a little lame that only 6 players from the entire Oilers roster showed up to a rally? Sure, losing is not something you want to celebrate, but can't they celebrate the fact that they had an incredible run? They had to beat some very good teams to get to the finals. In a run that no one really expected them to make, starting in 8th place and all.

USED1
06-23-2006, 03:00 PM
^ I don't know, when I was playing various sports I wasn't one for celebrating a loss. I can see if they had the fan appreciation later and nobody showed up. I think it was a little too soon to have a "celebration". In addition, I'm pretty sure that the OP's purpose was not to point out the amount of players to show up, it was more of a way of cutting down Edmonton and the Oilers organization. So much hate. Oh well

sputnik
06-23-2006, 03:03 PM
As far as I am concerned.

The Oilers basically gave their loyal fans the big "FUCK YOU" by not showing up.

Unfortunately Oilers fans are like stupid dogs and will continue to remain loyal to their classless team reagardless.

Bill Cosby
06-23-2006, 03:04 PM
so who showed up

Manifesto55
06-23-2006, 03:06 PM
Yea, it' s not a loss celebration it's a rally to thank the team for a good run. Not showing up is like flipping off the whole city. Classless bastards.

sexualbanana
06-23-2006, 03:06 PM
Thousands of people showed up to show their support for the team. It really doesn't have anything to do with losing the cup, it has more to do with thanking the fans for their incredible support. Which I'm sure the city's support for the Oilers was comparable to the support Calgary had for the Flames 2 years ago.

To have six players in attendance is a display of disrespect to the fans.

People who know me know I can get extremely competitive and I hate losing. But in no way should that cut down their accomplishments, nor should it be an excuse to not attend an event like this.

And look on the bright side, at least we know there's going to be a season in the fall so you're not going to lose too much momentum from the playoff run.

sexualbanana
06-23-2006, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
Unfortunately Oilers fans are like stupid dogs and will continue to remain loyal to their classless team reagardless.

That's really unfair to say of Edmonton fans. You're forgetting we lived in a city that could care less about the Flames until they started winning some playoff games when suddenly 9 out of 10 cars had Flames flags and 99 out of 100 people claiming to be HUGE Flames fans. As a city, we're just as guily of being stupid dogs as any other city with a major sports team.

heavyD
06-23-2006, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

That's really unfair to say of Edmonton fans. You're forgetting we lived in a city that could care less about the Flames until they started winning some playoff games when suddenly 9 out of 10 cars had Flames flags and 99 out of 100 people claiming to be HUGE Flames fans. As a city, we're just as guily of being stupid dogs as any other city with a major sports team.

He has a point. I had season tickets in the lean years and the Dome was not the 'place to be' it is now. I think some of the players were just too devastated to come and maybe others wanted to go home to family after a long playoff run.

bspot
06-23-2006, 03:35 PM
^ I don't know, when I was playing various sports I wasn't one for celebrating a loss. I can see if they had the fan appreciation later and nobody showed up. I think it was a little too soon to have a "celebration". In addition, I'm pretty sure that the OP's purpose was not to point out the amount of players to show up, it was more of a way of cutting down Edmonton and the Oilers organization. So much hate. Oh well

The point was to say the players are dicks who take their fans for granted.

The City of Edmonton= the fans at the rally
The Oilers players= dudes born all over the place, not Edmontonians

My point is that the 'dudes born all over the place' sure don't appreciate the Edmontonians at the rally for all of their support.

Its a trash to the Oilers players, not the city, as those players aren't even from the city. A trash of the city would be if I pointed out that not very many people showed up or something along those lines.

God damn you Edmontonians get defensive from your inferiority complex.

sexualbanana
06-23-2006, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by bspot

God damn you Edmontonians get defensive from your inferiority complex.

Oh boy, here we go......

USED1
06-23-2006, 03:38 PM
^^ Actually, I live in Calgary and am not from Edmonton. Just hate all the "Calgary sucks, Edmonton sucks" threads.

toyboy88
06-23-2006, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Bill Cosby
so who showed up

Steve Staios, Fernando Pisani, Georges Laraque, Ryan Smyth, Jason Smith and Ethan Moreau.

sexualbanana
06-23-2006, 03:42 PM
^^ Actually, I live in Calgary and am not from Edmonton. Just hate all the "Calgary sucks, Edmonton sucks" threads.

Fully agree

Forcefed
06-23-2006, 03:46 PM
^^^^:werd:

Street_Soldier
06-23-2006, 07:11 PM
if i was ty conklin i wouldnt show up either.

Rockski
06-23-2006, 07:26 PM
still doesnt explain why rolosan didnt show up

civicHB
06-23-2006, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by toyboy88

Steve Staios, Fernando Pisani, Georges Laraque, Ryan Smyth, Jason Smith and Ethan Moreau.

those are the guys u think of when people think of the oilers

we dont wanna see samsonov,markannen,conklin,green...etc etc

the Captain and co-captains showed up as well as crowd favs Laraque and pisani

what more can u ask for :dunno:

TEAMFaint
06-23-2006, 07:29 PM

:drama:

Must be an Oilers fan :rofl:

But yes that is pretty pathetic that the team doesnt show up to their rally. Way to show appreciation to the fans :thumbsdow

Mr_John
06-23-2006, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by civicHB

Good to see that you love the Oilers so much.
:rolleyes:

l8braker
06-23-2006, 07:40 PM

Those guys are classy anyway, they didn't have to show up to the rally :clap: Can't really blame the guys who didn't show for wanting to get the F out of Edmonton though.

v8killah
06-25-2006, 10:37 AM
in sports its rare that you celebrate losing. A cup run is just that, it doesnt mean a whole lot if you end up losing.

Si_FlyGuy
06-25-2006, 10:41 AM
A parade is a celebration. A rally is a get together to thank the fans.

h_s
06-25-2006, 11:00 AM
these calgary sucks edmonton sucks threads are getting outta controll, keep it in one

boi-alien
06-25-2006, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by civicHB

your beloved Pronger didn't even show up. You're telling me that he wasn't the face of the Oilers this year?

What more can you ask for? The city of Edmonton poured their hearts and souls into supporting this team. Yes, you lost, but I feel it's extremely classes of the players by not showing up to a fan appreciation event. It's not unlike all of them saying "fuck you Edmonton you don't deserve 30 minutes of our time,".

Nite_Rydah
06-25-2006, 04:59 PM
They didn't show up 'cause they were all hungover. I partied with Torres, Stoll, Moreau, Pisani, Hemsky, Murray, Roloson, Conklin, Markkanen, Harvey, Horcoff, Laraque, Greene and Winchester all night on Wednesday.

Originally posted by Rockski
still doesnt explain why rolosan didnt show up
He could barely string his sentences together, I'd say he was the most smashed of them all. lol

Georges left early, Ferny wasn't drinking and I don't know how Moreau got himself out of bed:confused:, he was loaded...props :thumbsup:

RotaryDrifter
06-25-2006, 05:10 PM
HAHAHhaahahaha:rofl: Another Thread?

Dren
06-25-2006, 05:19 PM

Thats IT ?

When the flames had it two years ago..i think everyone showed up !

Ajay
06-25-2006, 07:23 PM
Only 6 showed up? For a bunch of players that said they owed a lot of their playoff run to their fans that's quite the slap in the face to their fans.

Who cares if they didn't win the Cup. As it was stated by others when the Flames lost in the Finals and they had their rally there were a helluva lot more than 6 players that showed up. Out of respect to the organization and the fans I think it was a classy move by the Flames.

Just goes to prove yet another fact about Edmonton, lack of class. (I know I'm gonna get heat for that one :D )

Davide
06-25-2006, 07:46 PM
I heard that only 100 fans showed, so if 6 players showed up I'd say that was more then enough, if the whole team showed that would be about 1/5 or maybe even 1/4 the size of the of the crowd:thumbsdow would've been a waste. If the fans don't want to come out, why should the players? to see tumbleweed blow by?

HuMz
06-25-2006, 08:10 PM
You heard wrong, there was around 10,000 fan's.

Lexxan
06-25-2006, 11:04 PM
kill edmontonians! KILL EM ALL!