PDA

View Full Version : DIY: JDM Amber clock

LilDrunkenSmurf
06-24-2006, 01:26 AM
This is for those civic owners, that are sick of that green/blue USDM clock and want the JDM amber.
You will need a normal USDM dash clock, some scissors (sp? so tired right now...) and some dividers (from staples or something... with the orange tab on them)

I have only tested this on an EG and did not come up with it myself... I found it on another site (www.clubcivic.com) and used it, so I thought you guys might want to cash in as well.

Remove the dash piece (I assume you know how to do this, if not, PM jdm_eg6, as he has a write up on his cardomain page.

Remove the clock with the four tabs (do not need to unscrew).
Take the orange tab from the dividers (I had some lying around... you can pick them up for about a dollar) and cut it to fit the face of the clock.

Slide it on the dash piece and make sure the buttons are in place... slip it all together, and voila! You have a JDM amber clock... takes 5-10 mins and about $1.07... I will post pics later... if you have any problems PM me.

Also someone said (never tested) if you don't want the clock to dim when you turn on running lights/headlights, then you just cut off or tape the red wire on the clock and it should work fine!

gpomp
06-24-2006, 02:08 AM
anyone wanna test the red wire?

turbo'dGSR
06-24-2006, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by gpomp
anyone wanna test the red wire?

I nominate you :)

h_s
06-24-2006, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf
This is for those civic owners, that are sick of that green/blue USDM clock and want the JDM amber.

you wont find as many jdm crazy owners out there because of the new drift craze, try honda-tech, you may have some more feedback on your write-up

gpomp
06-24-2006, 03:11 AM
ok, red wire confirmed. clock no longer dims.

GTS Jeff
06-24-2006, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by gpomp
ok, red wire confirmed. clock no longer dims. Now you have another dimmer lead to use for stuff like aftermarket gauges!

gpomp
06-24-2006, 10:06 AM
lol, yep