PDA

View Full Version : Whats the deal with the races on Sat. nights

88CRX
04-09-2003, 02:24 PM
Whats the deal with them? I always have heard about them but have never gone. A friend of mine just called me up and invited me to tag along this Saturday night.

I want to know if it slightly safe of do the cops usually bust it up (I've heard they always do)

Please don't give me any lectures on street racing kills blah blah blah.

88CRX
04-09-2003, 02:25 PM
PM's would be fine...........

AzN_SoL
04-09-2003, 02:38 PM
uhmm.. it's bullshit.. and known as bullshit..

88CRX
04-09-2003, 02:39 PM
i know what its called but what happens?

SinisterProbeGt
04-09-2003, 02:42 PM
tons of ppl show up race have a good time somtimes it gets out of hand but if it does mind you biz and you'll be allright.
it's not all bs but some ppl make it that..

rage2
04-09-2003, 02:42 PM
Some race. Some sit around. Some get tickets. Your average street racing hangout. Keep it on the track! :D

88CRX
04-09-2003, 02:44 PM
Oh i doubt I'll even go. There is no way I can afford a ticket or loosing my car.

Oh ya, I will be at racecity opening night on the 25th or whatever.

legendboy
04-09-2003, 02:47 PM
bullshit = L

88CRX
04-09-2003, 02:51 PM
Why is everyone hating on it? Does it suck that much?

shadowz
04-09-2003, 03:09 PM
Lets just say its bougheyghetto!! It was a super good thing to do on a saturday night, but now ricers go there in their moms Caravan and think theyre Vin Diesel, they have just turned it into a shithole

max_boost
04-09-2003, 03:18 PM
Yah talk to Fluidic Digital.....his gang are the Road Kings of STreet Racing :rofl:

2000impreza
04-09-2003, 03:43 PM
hahaha. "bullshits"..... hahhaha... right... :rolleyes:

EG STyLeZ
04-09-2003, 05:22 PM
yep, it used to be good like a few years ago, but now it's really hurt!

CrAzY_PLaYa
04-09-2003, 05:34 PM
BUll shit Corner

my friends go there and watch...maybe the occasion race..sumtimes the cops come n bust em up

tommy1223
04-09-2003, 05:39 PM
Most of the times it's a hangout, people checking out eachother's cars...and just go speed limit when u get to the rally point and dont do anythign stupid and dont even break even the littlest law, at the races...just keep an eye out and like what SinisterProbeGt said...mind ur own biz and dont dawg on other people's cars out loud...but yea cops but them up sometimes....

Weapon_R
04-09-2003, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Yah talk to Fluidic Digital.....his gang are the Road Kings of STreet Racing :rofl:

:rofl:

They even use the walkie talkies and post lookouts I hear :rofl:

Ven
04-09-2003, 07:16 PM
I haven't gone since riceritis took over the performance industry, but it used to be really good about 5-10 years back. I don't know how it is now but I hear it's pretty lame with lots of highschool Eminiem wannabes trying to act like tough guys. Maybe I'll take a drive down later this week and check it out.

Blue Devil 2
04-09-2003, 07:38 PM
I think people should check them out before making any judgements. Could be :thumbsup: or :thumbsdow I wanna go Saturday to find out what all the hype is about...

ExtremeSi
04-09-2003, 08:02 PM
How can we find out where its held anyway? Do we really need CB radios or something? Can someone PM me?

dsm69
04-09-2003, 08:04 PM
timhortons on 72nd se sat aprox 11:00 pm

EVOI
04-09-2003, 10:43 PM
went there once~and i think i saw SinisterProbeGt's ride~

88CRX
04-09-2003, 10:49 PM
wow. lots of haters.

does anyone atleast race?

GT2NV
04-09-2003, 11:30 PM
its pretty fun when you hear hawks above and your looking for the helicopter then the spotlight comes down on the crowd and everyone runs to there cars haha theres sometimes around 100 cars there, its a good time but i wouldnt recomend racing there... just not worth it, its fun to watch though, just my 2c

lammer
04-09-2003, 11:31 PM
I do, I race in the firefly. I kill Little hondas!!

CRX crazy
04-10-2003, 09:38 AM
I used to go a couple years ago when they were good, now there not so good, everyone is right about the little high school eminem wannabe's but we went a couple weeks ago and there were some pretty nice rides there, someone should really turn it around and get all the nice cars coming like back in the day, i think me and a couple ppl are gonna take a peak this weekend too

rage2
04-10-2003, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Ven
I haven't gone since riceritis took over the performance industry, but it used to be really good about 5-10 years back.
haha old school! I used to go regularly back in 94-95 when it was at Deerfoot Mall. Back then cops didn't care too much, you can have a whole night of racing without any police intervention. And if the cops did bust up a race, 20 minutes later, the crowd is back and the races are on again.

Ahh the good old days... then they opened up Secret Street at Race City and it's much better now, no cops to worry about, proper timing too!

Fluidic
04-10-2003, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by max_boost

LOL -- my "gang"? :rofl:

Fluidic
04-10-2003, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

They even use the walkie talkies and post lookouts I hear :rofl:

FRS radios... and the lookouts are called "sentry"! lol

Peter

DonJuan
04-10-2003, 11:07 AM
Yeah it used to be realy good, back in tha day behind Deerfoot mall, but now all u got is a bunch of kids racing their parents minivans, or the grossest thing of all a MERCURY TOPAZ WITH AN ALUMINUM SIDING (the shit people use on their house) BODY KIT WITH A WING!!!!!! Saw it last year about September, havn't been back since, might go this weekend to see what's up. I'll be the Red S14 with S-ER Silvia symbols and the stock wheels (too many rocks still on the road).

Fluidic
04-10-2003, 11:11 AM
I agree -- it HAS gone downhill in the past two years. I don't really want to blame it on "The Fast & The Furious" (since everyone uses that movie as a scapegoat) but honestly, I think that played a HUGE part into the whole "aluminum wing minivan slammed with neon" look. Hopefully it will pass... but it's been something like two years and counting. LOL

Peter

DonJuan
04-10-2003, 11:37 AM
Hey i got a question, how douy guys put pics in your signature and stuff????? plz let me know, i'm new and stuff.

Fluidic
04-10-2003, 11:42 AM
To include a picture or graphic within the body of your message, you can simply surround the address of the image as shown here:

http://the-link-to-your-picture (no spaces)

Note that the http:// part of the image URL is required for the [img] code.

legendboy
04-10-2003, 11:50 AM
Agreed. Bullshit use to be lots of fun. The last year it was fun was the year I got my ass handed to me on my GSX-R 750 by dom in his TT 911. Some remember that. The years following that it was taken over by kids. Fuckin ricer hardcore thug getto booty biaches. Just like everything good seems to have. Its our (non ricers) duty this summer to humillate as many ricers in front of there girlfriends on the street as possible!!!!!!

Fluidic
04-10-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by legendboy
Fuckin ricer hardcore thug getto booty biaches.

LOL -- hahahahaha Corey man that's hilarious! We have to get together for coffee or something at the next 403-meeting! :rofl: :)

Peter

calarina
04-10-2003, 12:14 PM
The races aren't that bad. It's when everyone bring 4 friends, and there's hundreds of people bringing booz, drugs, and not cleaning up their crap. People standing on the streets, leaving barely enough room for the cars to go down the street...

One of these days a RWD car's back end is going to swing out, and take a few people with it. Maybe then people will learn to stay on the grass on the sides of the road.

The racing is fun to watch, and sometimes fun to participate in, but when there's tons of people, it attracts WAY too much attention. It was much better in the winter, when there was only about 50 cars there. THe cops usually bust it up now around after an hour and half of racing...usually somewheres around 12:30.

But hey, sometimes we're special enough to get the Hawk out there checkin' us out with the Night Sun! :rofl:

Fluidic
04-10-2003, 12:17 PM
About two or three weeks ago, I would say there was close to 300 people attending this thing... pretty big! http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/spin2.gif

Peter

Fuji
04-10-2003, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Fluidic Digital

LOL -- hahahahaha Corey man that's hilarious! We have to get together for coffee or something at the next 403-meeting! :rofl: :)

Peter

Corey, you'd better watch out. All that dirty talk has turned him on and I think he is asking you out on a date! :D

What's the wife gonna say about this?

Dirty_SOHC
04-10-2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Fuji

Corey, you'd better watch out. All that dirty talk has turned him on and I think he is asking you out on a date! :D

Fuji--->:thumbsdow

Superesc
04-10-2003, 12:53 PM

Originally posted by Dirty_SOHC

Fuji--->:thumbsdow

Ummmm... are you are admiting to your relationship status?!??!?!?!

Fluidic
04-10-2003, 12:53 PM

Ummm... not quite... but I know you're kidding around... so I will give you the thumbsup anyways! :thumbsup: http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/laugh.gif

Peter

CRX crazy
04-10-2003, 01:29 PM
About two or three weeks ago, I would say there was close to 300 people attending this thing... pretty big! http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/spin2.gif

Peter

I met you that weekend peter, put two and two together and you'll figure out who i am

Fluidic
04-10-2003, 01:35 PM
Hmmm... you're a girl... you drive a CRX... and I met you a few Saturday's back...

Hmmm... did we shake hands -- like meet face to face? I'm not sure, I don't think I remember you (hehehe -- sorry).

Help me out! :)

Peter

ConVict
04-10-2003, 02:36 PM
My 2 cents is that Bullshits is exactly what they call it. I went once and before one single race happened the cops broke it up. Everyone was just there to show off more then the other guy, on the way back a cop followed me for 15 min, on my ass! then pulled my buddy over in front of me for having a loud exhaust. :thumbsdow
I honestly dont feel a need to go back, the faster more mature drivers are at secret street anyway.

Dirty_SOHC
04-10-2003, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by ConVict
the faster more mature drivers are at secret street anyway.

:werd:

redbaron303
04-10-2003, 02:54 PM
Dont forget... police tend to monitor open forums... I know they do on v8less.com, and I would imagine they do hear especially since your forum is more active.... FYI I'm not a cop, but I figured I would let you in on the secret if you didn't already know...

speedyalero
04-10-2003, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by dsm69
timhortons on 72nd se sat aprox 11:00 pm

Perfect, now all the cops that monitor the board can be there too....

:guns:

lammer
04-10-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by speedyalero

its not like they aren't there busting people ocasionally.

CRX crazy
04-10-2003, 03:44 PM

Hmmm... did we shake hands -- like meet face to face? I'm not sure, I don't think I remember you (hehehe -- sorry).

Help me out! :)

Peter

hmmm you were sure quick to figure out who i was a couple saturdays ago.... yes we met face to face and i belive the first words out of your mouth is "so your his ex girlfriend"

4wheeldrift
04-10-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by lammer

its not like they aren't there busting people ocasionally. More like constantly, IE every weekend.

Fluidic
04-10-2003, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by CRX crazy

hmmm you were sure quick to figure out who i was a couple saturdays ago.... yes we met face to face and i belive the first words out of your mouth is "so your his ex girlfriend"

AWWWW!!!! Yah... I remember you -- right on -- how yah keeping? :)

Peter

El Borracho
04-11-2003, 03:21 AM

At Tim Hortons?? Come on! They were going to be there anyway!! How dumb can you be? Why dont you just meet at the police station itself? Why not report a house break-in, and race in front of that house? You would have a good three hours of racing before any cops would show up!

Superesc
04-11-2003, 08:39 AM
I want the cops to be there. Bust those punks.

three.eighteen.
04-11-2003, 08:42 AM

at least they'll stop dumbasses like you from racing their mom's alero...

sexualbanana
04-11-2003, 12:02 PM

Ummm... not quite... but I know you're kidding around... so I will give you the thumbsup anyways! :thumbsup: http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/laugh.gif

Peter

haha. he thinks ur kidding. :rofl:

speedyalero
04-11-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by three.eighteen.

at least they'll stop dumbasses like you from racing their mom's alero...

Sure buddy. Mom's Alero? My Alero is far from stock but whatever, think what you want.

Fluidic
04-11-2003, 01:24 PM
Guys -- enough -- just relax.

speedyalero
04-11-2003, 01:28 PM
waaaah he started it. ;-) Just kidding.

Relaxed here, I couldn't care less what he or anyone thinks of my car. If he has to make himself feel better by trashing others then he can feel free but he isn't going to get a flame war from me....

Initial-D-Nerd
04-11-2003, 01:53 PM
*yawn*
haha, whos the bright cookie that decided Tim Hortons as the meeting place??? :ROFL:

4CylFiero
04-11-2003, 08:44 PM
Damm i remember going the weekend that fast and the furious came out. I was there for maybe 2 hours as they blocked off the two parking lots on 50 th Ave. They handed out over 50,000 dollars in tickets that night. And i got on the news it was sweet for the experience the car i was in the cops were drooling over anyways and we good off.

CRX crazy
04-12-2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by 4CylFiero
Damm i remember going the weekend that fast and the furious came out. I was there for maybe 2 hours as they blocked off the two parking lots on 50 th Ave. They handed out over 50,000 dollars in tickets that night. And i got on the news it was sweet for the experience the car i was in the cops were drooling over anyways and we good off.

ha ha i was there that night too..... thats when they used to be good

R-Audi
04-15-2003, 12:03 AM
I've been out once, and probably never again. When I was there these kids were racing their parents SUV's. Some kid lost in his parents Range Rover, so went home to get Mommies Mercedes.
Way to fuckin go hot shot. I guess it wouldn't be QUITE as bad if they got rid of the minivan/SUV racers...
Then some shitbrick in a Dakota came doing donuts in the parking lot. Yeah, thats impressive.

I think Convict said it best with:
"the faster more mature drivers are at secret street anyway "

I dont think there was anyone but Peter over the age of 16.

:rolleyes: :thumbsdow
No offense meant to you Peter.

Fluidic
04-15-2003, 12:06 AM
None taken -- nice meeting you btw. :)

Peter

pulse_crx
04-20-2003, 12:30 PM
anybody go to the races last night(april 19th?) i was there and it was insane. after the cops busting it up like 3 times we were down on 54th, and were there for over an hour, then this buddy is some POS old chevy, was pulling ebrakes at like 80. then he flipped his car, rolled 3 times, then wrapped around a tree.

Redlyne_mr2
04-20-2003, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by pulse_crx
anybody go to the races last night(april 19th?) i was there and it was insane. after the cops busting it up like 3 times we were down on 54th, and were there for over an hour, then this buddy is some POS old chevy, was pulling ebrakes at like 80. then he flipped his car, rolled 3 times, then wrapped around a tree.
haha Owned...welcome to highschool racing

GTS Jeff
04-20-2003, 01:58 PM
a big ha-ha! to the all the street racers

hjr
04-20-2003, 03:13 PM
douch baggery indeed. I hope this is a good lesson though. The people out there are drunk fools, and your not gaining anything be being involved. Infact there is a substancail risk of getting you ass run into buy a local calgary hooligan.

kenny
04-20-2003, 10:12 PM
The cops know all about it, but usually wait for a bit before busting it up because they want to let nature take its course (natural selection).

Fluidic
04-21-2003, 12:56 AM
"population control" :lol:

girl
04-22-2003, 09:11 PM
"population control" :lol:

hahaha :rofl: :rofl: ya the races aren't that great, but i guess it would be diff each time, so u can decide for urself....depends on what u like too. aren't too many rice rockets there, and people are fuckin morons when they drink, do drugs adn stand anywhere near the road during the races.....up to u, everyone likes different things... :dunno:

itsnotaDUB
06-06-2003, 04:35 AM
sat night races are weak went once and howled at all the hurt ass rides that kids do up.. .a neon like really........

88CRX
06-06-2003, 11:01 AM
y did u bring back this thread?:thumbsdow

Abom
06-06-2003, 12:42 PM
I'm glad the thread got brought back up. Cause this Saturday should be the most amusing of all, since it's opening weekend for 2F2F ;)

4wheeldrift
06-06-2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Abom
I'm glad the thread got brought back up. Cause this Saturday should be the most amusing of all, since it's opening weekend for 2F2F ;) If by amusing you mean "A complete and total gong show, full of even more 16 year old retards driving their parents escalades and acting all hard core" then yes, you're right. It will be amusing. Keep an eye on the papers sunday for all the blood, guts and gore as a result.

ConVict
06-06-2003, 02:17 PM
All I can say is , is that I am not pleased. I went a couple of weeks ago. The amount of show off punks made me want to puke. Cutting into the wrong lane, cutting through parking lots to gain 3 car lengths. Peeling yours moms minivan/jeep into the parking lot so you can hear squeeling AFTER the race is over is just fucking STUPID.
To anyone that DID do this last coupe of weeks. Do you acually think people are going to think you are cool because you can go into a parking lot at 40 with your moms Jeep cherokee ??
I dont know if you are on this board but the teal CRX that felt the need to squeel his tires and jump into the wrong lane then into the parking lot to get infront of my buddies car , I got a couple words for you .... You are a faggot and your car sucks, so grow up.
Other then that I had fun even when I over heard 16 year old people standing in a group who drove their moms minivans(seriously) cussing out everyones car's. I didnt even mind the guy who walked around asking everyone if they had a can opener so he can finish off his 16th beer of the night. But to all you people who feel the need to PROVE something so you can become a part of Vin Diesels highly elite car crew. I got a secret for you... you're a l o s e r

Fluidic
06-06-2003, 02:21 PM
Holy old thread batman.

Ben
06-06-2003, 02:35 PM
WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Dragon X
06-07-2003, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by ConVict
I didnt even mind the guy who walked around asking everyone if they had a can opener so he can finish off his 16th beer of the night.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

StrokeD z
06-08-2003, 11:45 PM
this week was the biggest it has ever been i think...there must have been over 1000 ppl there and some nice ass cars but i have to say the 69 camaro that was on a trailer was the best

redTalon
06-09-2003, 03:25 AM
Yeah, the guy said he would pull it off the trailer for $500. Who knows if anyone would have staked that much anyways. there were a lot of people, made it tough to exit when hawks showed up and everyone bolted.

James
06-09-2003, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by redTalon
Yeah, the guy said he would pull it off the trailer for $500. Who knows if anyone would have staked that much anyways. there were a lot of people, made it tough to exit when hawks showed up and everyone bolted.

That would have been funny to see, what a cocky guy, good stuff:burnout: