PDA

View Full Version : Getting A Loan For School - Help

Honda EXR
06-25-2006, 01:49 PM
Hey guys,

I am just looking for help with a student loan. I work full time Mon - Fri during the day and now want to return to school. I still have to work full time so I am looking in going part time night/weekends.

I have have a recent discharge from bankruptcy so I know that does not help the situation at all.

How would I go about getting a loan for school? Do you have to pay for schooling up front?

Any and all information would really help me out.

Thanks!!!

asuth077
06-25-2006, 03:21 PM
http://www.alis.gov.ab.ca/studentsfinance/main.asp

You can apply online for government student loans for the next school year. Probably your best, if only, option if you were in bankruptcy.

Most institutions allow you to register and then pay within a few months. You need to be accepted into a school before applying for a student loan.

Unknown303
06-26-2006, 10:46 AM
I agree with advice given above. Thats where i went for my student loans. Just have to be accepted into a program before you apply.

Lanks
06-26-2006, 08:27 PM
:werd: The government student loans can be a crazy good deal if you qualify

beecue
06-26-2006, 09:14 PM
i got a question .. when you apply do you have put in money yourself .. because i have some saved up but i dont want to use to pay for school .. i will need it during the year

slick2404
06-26-2006, 10:18 PM
goverment loans are good but i heard you have to show that your pretty broke to actually get a decent amount.
any tips on this?

I've never applied for one, and am looking to get one to have some cash for books and what not...maybe a bit more for the car (i dont think it has to be school related right)...im starting again end of august i believe, is it too late to apply?

Lanks
06-27-2006, 09:43 AM
^^^ya you have to be somewhat broke in order to qualify... also there is tons of restrictions such as you can only make 400 a month while your in school and if your car is worth any more than 5 grand they reduce the amount. That said if you do qualify they can be a killer deal. I got the max for 2 years in a row ($14100 or somthing) and I only owe 10 grand back total