PDA

View Full Version : Future for applied degree in accounting

xtrader101
06-25-2006, 03:39 PM
What's the future looks like if you finished the applied degree in accounting in SAIT or the accounting degree in U of L. Do you get more interviews or offer if you have a degree than the applied degree?

Thanks everyone.

crazyning
06-25-2006, 11:03 PM
You're going to get different answers from everybody - all which are based on opinion.

Here's what I think:

Each degree will be useful for different jobs. You'll likely have different roles and different opportunities with each. The SAIT applied degree will be limit you if you do want to pursue your education any further. If you want to do a Master's degree or the Chartered Accountant designation, you don't want to get the SAIT degree.

Godfuader
06-25-2006, 11:37 PM
The way the industry is looking right now, applied degree is the way to go. I know a few people who are doing an Applied Bach degree in accounting thru Mount Royal College and they have no problems in getting jobs. Once you are done the degree thru MRC you are just a couple courses from getting a CGA and you can also transfer your MRC courses towards a proper CA designation.
my 2c

Shaolin
06-26-2006, 12:11 AM
you'll find work with an accounting degree.. no matter where it's from or what type it is..