PDA

View Full Version : debit card troubles

Supa Dexta
06-25-2006, 08:04 PM
Anyone ever have any debit card fraud situations/ I go and try to sign in to online banking today and it says it doesn't recognise me.. So I call them, and explain.. He keeps telling me I'm putting my info in wrong.. And I tell him NO, infact it is right, no caps, no num lock, no nuthin'.. So he asks if I want to change the password, I'm like, well whatever the hell will get me into it.. Then when he looks, he says the account has been closed, but he doesn't have the reason why.. I ask if this happens because of stolen info or what, and he says usually.. wtf.. So now I have to go in and see what the hell's going on.. Pay day was just friday, I haven't even used the card in a while, so I have no idea how much is sposed' to be in there.. I better not loose a fuckin cent over this shit.. I've had nothing but troubles lately with this god damn bank, I'm ready to move on, after 20+ yrs with them..

$lick_rYz
06-25-2006, 09:05 PM
what bank? that happend to me a couple of weeks ago, i was buying medicines from shoppers like at 12 am n the cashier lady said my card was cancelled n when i went into my bank's branch they just told me that I used my debit in a place where someone scammed that placed and all the ppl who used their debit cards had their cards cancelled. but they just replaced my card with a new one. my money was untouched except for 2 hours later when i blew it all on booze... lol jk...

asuth077
06-25-2006, 09:11 PM
Sometimes they cancel your debit card if it is used at a place where fraud has taken place, or if there is any unusual activity. But your debit card and having your entire account closed are quite a bit different.

SinisterProbeGt
06-25-2006, 09:16 PM
LOL

THis also happened to me on friday night.
I used my card for lunch then got home and tried to sign on to BMO online.
And I get this error message.
CAll the bank and they explain to me that they have canceled my card.
Cause I used it at a suspicous place.
BS I think but whatever.:thumbsdow

Supa Dexta
06-25-2006, 10:02 PM
yeah I figured I'd just get a new card, just wasn't sure if there would be any holdup in access to the funds...

And its royal.. In the past couple of months, they fucked up my car payment, someone (at the bank) was messing around with it and put the next withdrawel in 2009, then they sent me to collections without any notice, and I even contacted them first within 2 weeks of it being late, as I noticed it hadn't been taken out..

They also told me I had to open another account to get a line of credit, as I come from NS and they can't go between eastern/western accounts.. so I open that, then i get talking to someone I know who works at royal in NS, and they tell me thats BS, so I go in and have the close that account and take all the money out of that account.. I then look and that account is still open, and now over drawn as it never got cancelled (2 months ago) and they pulled all of the money out of it for me and had me sign to close it.. Theres a few other small things, but all and all, I've been spending a ton of time waiting to talk to someone in india that argues with me on the phone, about how I'm wrong..

:guns:

Parents opened my account with them when I was born, so now near 25 yrs later, it's nothing but a hassle being with them and I may just have tp start fresh with someone else...

AcuraTl
06-25-2006, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
yeah I figured I'd just get a new card, just wasn't sure if there would be any holdup in access to the funds...

And its royal.. In the past couple of months, they fucked up my car payment, someone (at the bank) was messing around with it and put the next withdrawel in 2009, then they sent me to collections without any notice, and I even contacted them first within 2 weeks of it being late, as I noticed it hadn't been taken out..

They also told me I had to open another account to get a line of credit, as I come from NS and they can't go between eastern/western accounts.. so I open that, then i get talking to someone I know who works at royal in NS, and they tell me thats BS, so I go in and have the close that account and take all the money out of that account.. I then look and that account is still open, and now over drawn as it never got cancelled (2 months ago) and they pulled all of the money out of it for me and had me sign to close it.. Theres a few other small things, but all and all, I've been spending a ton of time waiting to talk to someone in india that argues with me on the phone, about how I'm wrong..

:guns:

Parents opened my account with them when I was born, so now near 25 yrs later, it's nothing but a hassle being with them and I may just have tp start fresh with someone else...

being a member for 25 yrs should give you some leverage...btw TD is offering you a free IPOD NANO if you siwtch your acct to them!!! :D

Proboscis
07-03-2006, 03:28 AM
was it CIBC buy any chance. I had 3 withdrawals in Toronto at $1000 each in the last two years. Luckly they catch it. But its embaressing when u try to make a purchace and u have to refer to your local branch. Dinner with your girl and the card is declinded fuckin priceless.

turbotrip
07-03-2006, 03:33 AM
I know TD is starting to remove names from the debit cards, so if you have used ur card anywhere that there has been fraud then u have to go in and get a new card without ur name on it