PDA

View Full Version : RWD hatch?

Eleanor
06-25-2006, 10:01 PM
Are there any that you can buy in Canada or the US at a reasonable price?

EK 2.0
06-25-2006, 10:06 PM
Unfortunately after the last little bit of driftin' we have had in the recent year or so no. You can still find decent deals...but they are few and far between.

the 240, Corolla, Z31 300's, Supra (MKIII) can all be found fairly cheap if you look hard enough though.

But if you wanna do something different...

Camaro, Mustang...Fire Chicken...

GTS Jeff
06-26-2006, 12:27 AM
I'll sell you mine for $15,000.

canadianskyline
06-27-2006, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
I'll sell you mine for $15,000.

And id be willing to bet its "Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift". :rofl:

GTS Jeff
06-27-2006, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by canadianskyline

And id be willing to bet its "Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift". :rofl: Yeah, it is.

Mods include:
-rwd
-drift button
-Tokyo Drift

xcelr8
06-27-2006, 12:08 AM
lmao :rofl:

canadianskyline
06-27-2006, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
Yeah, it is.

Mods include:
-rwd
-drift button
-Tokyo Drift

Hahahahaha....and on a more serious note, here are some more RWD hatch choices.....:rofl:

The ever popular Chevette can be found at bargain prices and is indeed RWD and hatchback. This is my personal favorite choice.

The Mercury Capri is a hatch back as are Hatchback Fox Body Mustangs.....Ooooh 5.0L FTW....also available for cheap. Many other generations of mustang have offered hatch backs.

The AMC gremlin is a sexy RWD hatchback as well.

The VW Kharman Ghia is also a great choice for performance.

BMW M-Roadster although they are quite pricey....if you found one as a flood damaged car or theft recover it would be quite cheap compared to more pristine examples.

The Chevrolet Corvette has also been offered as a hatch back in more than one generation.

Porsche 944 and 928 and others.

Numerous SUV's are also offered in the RWD format and more often than not are hatchbacks. For example, the Ford bronco/expedition/excursion, Chevrolet Blazer/Suburban/Tahoe, GMC Jimmy/Yukon, Dodge Durango.

Many trucks can have toppers added to them to give that hatch back "look", quite popular if you are looking for towing capability as well.

F-Body GM's as well, which if you are of the mullet sporting genre should suit you quite nicely.

The Ford Model T was offered in a "wagon" model which gave it that hatch back look, any carpenter could add a hatch to it no problem, and they were offered for only $825back in 1909 (what a bargain).

Last and certainly not least there were many large displacement V8 powered station wagons produced in the 80's from dodge, GMC/Chev, and Ford, many of them available with wood grain on the outside of the car. Definately a stylish alternative to the normal hatchback style, and still retain their rwd.

Unknown303
06-27-2006, 12:54 PM
^^^ Wow that was a good list. I want a gremlin make for a sweet ride.

craigcd
06-27-2006, 12:57 PM
Nissan 200 SX FTW

sputnik
06-27-2006, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by canadianskyline
The VW Kharman Ghia is also a great choice for performance.

Since when was a Karmann Ghia a hatch?

You are probably thinking of a VW Type III Fastback.

http://vwtype3.org/owners.manual/general/vw.1600tl.jpg

iceburns288
06-27-2006, 01:23 PM
The Bimmer M-coupe. Awesome car, very fast and very cool.

The 1-series is coming soon...

canadianskyline
06-27-2006, 01:40 PM
Ya, i think thats the VW i was thinking of.....that list was just a joke anyway......this was a stupid thread from the get go.

sputnik
06-27-2006, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by iceburns288
The 1-series is coming soon...

Jeremy Clarkson didnt really like the BMW 1-series compared to the VW R32.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rs-zGK6FScs

Arthur Dent
06-28-2006, 12:37 AM
Hyundai Ponys are rwd and hatch too!

iceburns288
06-28-2006, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by sputnik
Jeremy Clarkson didnt really like the BMW 1-series compared to the VW R32.
Well I honestly couldn't care less about his opinions or 'facts'. He's an entertainer, not a journalist.

EDIT by the way I own that issue of TG magazine and they gave the 1-series the win by quite a margin:dunno: