PDA

View Full Version : Importing A JDM

Mots
06-25-2006, 11:07 PM
Hey
Well for the past few months I have been cominplateing geting a Nissan Skyline GTS imported. I have found 2 companies that do importing one is The Skyline Shop and the other in Import Concern. I have been in contact with Christian from IC but I have some questions.

1. What do I need to worrie about when Importing a car
I dont want to get stuck with a car that dosent work?

2. Skyline Shop is almost twice the price as IC which one is
going too do the better job and not leave me out to dry?

3. Has anyone been hosed by any import company?

I am really worried about giveing someone money and getting screwed by the company and get stuck with a car the dosent run or i cant insure..

Thanks

CelicaST-162
06-25-2006, 11:21 PM
Import Concern is a great company, lots and lots of happy customers. You heard of the saying you get what you pay for, spend more money you get a better car etc....

1. I have never heard of this case ever before, someone getting stuck with a car that "doesnt work" lol.

2. Again, havent heard of anyone being stuck up the creek without a paddle.

3. Refer to #'s 1 and 2.

Basically, This is how the car importing business works, they will do the best to give all the information they have and pass it on the customer (you). You pick the car, and wait till it comes.

AllGoNoShow
06-25-2006, 11:45 PM
J-Spec is also a very good group of guys to work with, very willing to help you out. Even sent a private guy out to grab more info and pictures and I didn't even get the car.

I sent money and they had no problems sendng it back when i chose agains the car, great guys, very honest.

Lo)2enz0
06-26-2006, 02:52 AM
I highly reccomend christian. If you buy from his cars that are already in town you know for sure they have been looked over before sale. If your buying a car straight from japan, remember the more you pay the better quality its going to be. if you cheap out and buy one of those $5500 skylines your either going to get a awsome deal or run into problems down the road. And also remember your taking a risk at buying a car from japan, import companies only bring them in for you and than you have to get it inspected and do the proper measures to have it pass. With import concern they ussually look over the car and know whats wrong with it if its from the broker stock but when your buying from the auction or private sale your taking a chance. But don't get me wrong, i know alot of people who have gone this route and have been very pleased with what they have purchased.

two thumbs up for import concern

typhoonslippery
06-26-2006, 08:17 AM
buy a car that is here and that you can go and see yourself if you are worried about this as it will be already inspected and you will know the problems if there is any

japancar
09-12-2006, 03:35 PM
As a Japan-based exporter (I'm Canadian too), we buy at auctions in Japan and ship to Canada. You can either have one of our company reps help you with the import paperwork, or you can do it yourself. Either way, you are dealing direct with the exporter.

We inspect the vehicle before you buy, and we have a limited guarentee. That is, if the car delivered to you is not working as per the inspection sheet, we'll fix it for you (contact us for full details).

You tell us what you're looking for, and you can even have fun brousing over the thousands of cars in our auction site. We have almost every auction in Japan on our site and its all in real-time, so you see only real cars available. Its all in English too.

PM me if you want more details, or see www.japancarexportsonline.com

LilDrunkenSmurf
09-12-2006, 05:56 PM
+1 for import concern... i've met christian, and seen some of the cars (Honda beat :nut: :D ) and he know's what he's doing

Ca_Silvia13
09-13-2006, 10:04 AM
Try GTRCanada.com for more info on those 2 importers. But dont pass by T.S.S. I have never EVER heard of any of there car owners having problems with there vehicles or their service. Shit man they are the only place in Canada that offers a warranty on all their vehicles.

403Gemini
09-13-2006, 12:54 PM
ive heard nothing but good things from people who have dealt with import concern :thumbsup:

japancar
09-13-2006, 03:48 PM
Japan Car Exports has happy clients in Vancouver, and can give you references if you'd like. We're new to Alberta, but I lived in Edmonton...

We now have an agent in Alberta who can take care of your concerns. PM me for more details.

DGill
09-13-2006, 04:47 PM
I just currently went through Christian at IC and hes a really nice guy and ive herd good things about the company , now i just have to wait how my car will turn out lol