PDA

View Full Version : What causes this?

CrAzY_PLaYa
04-09-2003, 05:47 PM
When I open the oil filler cap...there is usually white stuff looks like sperm :dunno:

and the oil is kind of white..

Does this mean the head gasket is screwed up or something? radiator? sumthing bigger?

cost alot to fix?

Sum1 help plz cuz im thinkin of buyin this prelude and thats the problem with it

Weapon_R
04-09-2003, 05:49 PM
Under no circumstances should there be anything white around the oil filler cap.

FiveFreshFish
04-09-2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Under no circumstances should there be anything white around the oil filler cap.

...especially semen! :D

ecstasy_civic
04-09-2003, 05:52 PM
its condensation caused by not letting your car warm up properly or proper oil changes. i get that kinda stuff all the time at work, jeeps and dodge trucks are the worst. its just sludge that needs to be flushed out.

Weapon_R
04-09-2003, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

...especially semen! :D

:rofl:

Maybe someone was jerking off in the engine bay of your prelude?

CrAzY_PLaYa
04-09-2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by ecstasy_civic
its condensation caused by not letting your car warm up properly or proper oil changes. i get that kinda stuff all the time at work, jeeps and dodge trucks are the worst. its just sludge that needs to be flushed out.

My dads old grand am used to do that ... we flushed it a few times and it still did that...we took it to a mechanic and he said it needs a head gasket (waters leaking into the oil),

but my friend asked his auto tech teacher and he said its screwed up , its antifreeze getting into the oil and its expensive to fix.. :dunno:

T5_X
04-09-2003, 05:59 PM
Don't buy it.

And thanks for naming your thread exactly the same as mine you fucking joker! :P

CrAzY_PLaYa
04-09-2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Ranger_X31
Don't buy it.

And thanks for naming your thread exactly the same as mine you fucking joker! :P

lol sorry haha and thanks for the advice :eek:

ninspeed
04-09-2003, 06:32 PM
yep.. thats what happnes to oil when there is water in it.. turns semen white :D

CrAzY_PLaYa
04-09-2003, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by ninspeed
yep.. thats what happnes to oil when there is water in it.. turns semen white :D

so its water NOT Antifreeze and is the problem from a screwed headgasket?

rage2
04-09-2003, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by CrAzY_PLaYa
so its water NOT Antifreeze and is the problem from a screwed headgasket?

Correct (sorta). It's actually coolant and oil mixing, good old milkshake! Most likely from a headgasket failure.

T5_X
04-09-2003, 06:47 PM
could even be worse... cracked block :(

CrAzY_PLaYa
04-09-2003, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by rage2

Correct (sorta). It's actually coolant and oil mixing, good old milkshake! Most likely from a headgasket failure.

would that cost alot to fix??

ConVict
04-10-2003, 02:05 PM
Get your headgasket replaced, you will see if there is a brake in the gasket. If it is in mint condition then you know you have a crack in your block.
And like Rage said, its from Oil and AntiFreeze mixing together. Its on your oil filler cap because of vumes of the anit freeze/oil go up past your vavles where the PCV valve lets it back into your intake to reburn. Check after your PCV valve to clean your intake cause that shit is nasty.
Same problem happened with me, was the head gasket. The cost of a gasket is anywhere from 50-100 bux , but you are looking at 400 some dollars for labour to put it in. You and a friend can do it for free if you know what you are doing.

Good Luck:D

GTS Jeff
04-10-2003, 02:07 PM
dont buy

88ludeacris
04-10-2003, 05:02 PM
i told you man, its coolant leaking into your oil pan, thats what makes it turn jizzy

ConVict
04-10-2003, 09:49 PM
Doesnt mean its in the oil pan, mine was leaking through my head gasket and I had to same symptoms

88CRX
04-10-2003, 10:05 PM
milky oil = bad head gasket = warped / cracked head = lots o money to fix

I was quoted $1200-$1400 to fix the crx:thumbsdow

88ludeacris
04-11-2003, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX
milky oil = bad head gasket = warped / cracked head = lots o money to fix

I was quoted $1200-$1400 to fix the crx:thumbsdow

:bullshit: :bullshit: :bullshit:

if you have a bad head gasket it doesnt mean your head is all cracked or warped, just replace the head gasket, its easy man, ill do it for you moe

88ludeacris
04-11-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by ConVict
Doesnt mean its in the oil pan, mine was leaking through my head gasket and I had to same symptoms

buddy, ur a moron, he sez the oil is milky, where is the oil? in the oil pan, how does it get there? head gasket, its what i said,

Mr. Grinch
04-11-2003, 05:43 PM
First off, have you confirmed if it's the head gasket?

The standard way to do this is compression test each cylinder. If you have two adjaent cyls that are both low compared to the rest, chances are the gasket is blown there.

If it is the gasket, you might get away with a new one, you might not. A gasket will make up for a certain amount of flaws in the surface, but anything beyond that, and it's just going to happen again.

As far as heads being warped or not, you would need to examine it. You have to consider, why did the gasket blow in the first place? Often the reason IS that it's warped, due to overheating, or incorrect torque, and you SHOULD re-surface the heads in that case.

I've also seen secondary damage from a blown head-gasket. If you drive with a bad one for too long, you stand a chance of heat related valve damage in those cyls. I learned this the hard way on my 74 Javelin.