PDA

View Full Version : 1999 Cadillac Escalade -- Something is NOT right!

gstq
06-26-2006, 12:45 PM
I was just looking through eBay to see if I could catch a good deal on a 1998 Cadillac STS when I came across this auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1999-CADILLAC-ESCALADE-W-22-s-SUPER-LOW-BUY-IT-NOW_W0QQitemZ270001505073QQihZ017QQcategoryZ6148QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Something has to be wrong here. A near-mint 1999 Cadillac Escalade with 22" chrome rims that has been consistantly pampered going for $9,500? Yes, and that's the "Buy It Now" price. Something can't be right, am I wrong? It says the only thing wrong with it is a small dent in the driver's side door, as well as a burn mark (?) in one of the seats.

WTF? :eek: :hitit:

Hakkola
06-26-2006, 12:53 PM
Have you ever driven an Escalade? Unimpressive man, the interior is shit, poor quality vehicle, though it does look pretty pimp in the right colour with the right rims.

Seems like a pretty good deal man, think about it though, that's an 8 year old vehicle, and it will cost over 11 grand canadian once it's over the border.

I don't know the resale value for Escalades but I can't image them being THAT good. Seems right to me.

Mitsu3000gt
06-26-2006, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola
Have you ever driven an Escalade? Unimpressive man, the interior is shit, poor quality vehicle, though it does look pretty pimp in the right colour with the right rims.

Seems like a pretty good deal man, think about it though, that's an 8 year old vehicle, and it will cost over 11 grand canadian once it's over the border.

I don't know the resale value for Escalades but I can't image them being THAT good. Seems right to me.

What isn't right is the way it is put together, and it's just a Yukon with a couple more toys, caddy badge, and 20K price increase. I know a couple people with Escalades and have been in them. They are very unimpressive. Big, square dash, unimpressive guages, huge, cheap looking/feeling buttons, lots and lots of super cheap plastic, wires/electrical tape under seats, etc. The one I was in, was a year old and hardly used and the plastic was wavy and not flush on the A and B pillars, and there were glue trails all over the cheap fuzzy roof material between the head vents. When you shut the doors, they rattled a bit and felt cheap instead of a tight, solid sounding shut. For 80+ grand new? No thanks!:thumbsdow

They do look good with the right color and rims like Hakkola said, but it pretty much stops there. That's why its cheap, and Caddilacs pretty much depreciate faster than any other vehicle I can think of.

Mark

gstq
06-26-2006, 01:11 PM
Ah, must of been the rap music getting to me. :werd:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hakkola
06-26-2006, 01:18 PM
Yeah, when I worked at Mercedes last year my boss had an Escalade and he wanted me to go get some gas in it for him, I thought it was pretty cool until I got inside.

So I've actually driven the vehicle and don't have much good to say about it.

Trust me man, you're better off gettin a Benz. :D

CasperWho
06-26-2006, 01:19 PM
haters...

its like a yukon, but :bigpimp:
and whats wrong with a yukon?

gstq
06-26-2006, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola
Yeah, when I worked at Mercedes last year my boss had an Escalade and he wanted me to go get some gas in it for him, I thought it was pretty cool until I got inside.

So I've actually driven the vehicle and don't have much good to say about it.

Trust me man, you're better off gettin a Benz. :D

I'm way ahead of you. ;)

Hakkola
06-26-2006, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by gstq

I'm way ahead of you. ;)

haha, yeah I saw your other threads, just don't decide to get an suv and think that an ML is a good idea, then new one is pretty good but the old one is one of the worst cars I've ever driven. :thumbsdow

Bill Cosby
06-26-2006, 01:34 PM
lol altezzas

3G
06-26-2006, 01:39 PM
Navigators > Escalades

Moe Man
06-26-2006, 03:31 PM
its isnt even a caddy, all the other caddys look down at it, its a shame they call it a caddy. real caddys are the STS, CTS, DTS, SRX.

just compare its little bro the SRX to it, the Escalade doesnt even compare and its more.
:rofl:

Weapon_R
06-26-2006, 03:35 PM
There really isn't anything shady about that auction to be honest. 128k miles = 200k km's here, HIGH mileage for an Escalade. Considering its target consumer base, a high mileage Escalade is very hard to sell.

Supa Dexta
06-26-2006, 05:04 PM
don't forget the blunt burn in the seat too.... the dogs at the border may give ya trouble..

:rofl:

kaput
06-26-2006, 05:08 PM

gstq
06-26-2006, 05:13 PM
Hahahaha what a POS vehicle. Thanks for informing me guys. :bigpimp: