PDA

View Full Version : Spyware help

k98303
06-27-2006, 12:20 AM
my computer has virus! i think?
the home page of my internet explorer is set to "blank", but these days, it just automatically goes to this error404.com - a page that tells me my computer is seriously hacked and bullshikt and asks me to buy their virus scan programs..
the internet is so slow now. many sites are blocked and automatically goes to that error404.com! also, there are always stupid advertisment poping out.

i had tried the mcfree program from university and nortons. i 've scaned the full system for 2 times. but the problem is still there!

plz help me...i don't knoe what to do..

natejj
06-27-2006, 12:23 AM
Spyware.

Download spybot search and destory. Search it on google.

jvangilst
06-27-2006, 01:50 PM
Try Lavasoft Ad-Aware too. They have a free trial version.

slickk
06-27-2006, 02:23 PM
Yeah Ad-aware SE Personal Edition is my fav. Make sure you Download the updates.

Unknown303
06-27-2006, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by slickk
Yeah Ad-aware SE Personal Edition is my fav. Make sure you Download the updates.

This one for sure. Its free which is great. Plus "Search and Destroy" Its another program like ad-aware. Using both makes sure you get everything.

rinny
06-27-2006, 11:43 PM
www.pandasoftware.com
Do free scan, will remove viruses, but save the report and manually remove the spyware.

www.trendmicro.com
Providing it works for you, should help to remove a bunch more

Use the programs above as well. May try a combo of this all while in safe mode as well, also disable any start-up programs that look like spyware/virii going START--->RUN--->msconfig---> startup tab

k98303
06-29-2006, 01:31 PM
thanks guys! i used Ad-aware, there is no pop out now. but the home page is still automatically set to http://www.sysnetsecurity.com/...i already put "about:blank" for homepage, but it doens't work. why is that??

Alpine Autowerks
06-29-2006, 06:24 PM
Rebot in safe mode and run Ad-Aware again.

googe
06-30-2006, 06:08 AM
use spybot, its been better than ad-aware for a while. rarely is there a need for both.

k98303
07-01-2006, 07:37 PM
Rebot in safe mode and run Ad-Aware again.

i need that too~ but it still doesn't work..

use spybot, its been better than ad-aware for a while. rarely is there a need for both

i will try this tonight

abc1
07-02-2006, 06:46 AM
Spybot should fix this problem for your internet but nobody seems to be telling you how it's done. You start Spybot in advance mode, or just pick advance mode if you have it started. Now here comes the tricky part because I haven't used spybot for a few months so I don't remember this really well. But on one of the tabs, you'll see a IE tab. Click on that and pick stop hi-jack webpage I believe. Since you're there, click on the immunze and block bad pages silently. If I got some wrong info on how to do this, please correct me.

wildrice
07-02-2006, 07:59 PM
Some of you are telling him to use ad-aware, but what he has is a hijack so ad-aware won't get rid of it.

wildrice
07-02-2006, 08:03 PM
http://siri.urz.free.fr/Fix/SmitfraudFix.zip

Extract all the files to your Destop. A folder named SmitfraudFix will be created on your Desktop.

Open the SmitfraudFix folder and double-click smitfraudfix.cmd
Select option #1 - Search.
This program will scan large amounts of files on your computer for known patterns so please be patient while it works. When it is done, the results of the scan will be displayed and it will create a log named rapport.txt in the root of your drive, eg: Local Disk C: or partition where your operating system is installed.

Once that is done, boot into safe mode and select option #2 - Clean.

k98303
07-05-2006, 04:48 PM
Problem solved by wildrice's method!!!
thanks guys!