PDA

View Full Version : Socom3 New Maps!

Sharpie
06-27-2006, 09:04 PM
For all our S3 fans. New maps are out now, and they are free!

Bill Cosby
06-27-2006, 09:06 PM
whoa people still play that game

Sharpie
06-27-2006, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Bill Cosby
There is a few...:dunno:

ZEDGE
06-27-2006, 09:16 PM
Free till July 12.......

http://socomblog.typepad.com/socom/2006/06/socom_3_news_fl.html

SOCOM 3 Maps Available[ps2]
According to the SOCOMBLOG run by SOCOM series developer Zipper Interactive, Map Pack #1 for SOCOM 3: U.S. Navy SEALs (PS2) is now available for download.

The pack contains three 16-player multiplayer maps: After Hours, Liberation, and Last Bastion. Each is an update of popular levels from SOCOM II.

Somewhat oddly, the pack is currently free of charge, but as of July 12 it will go for $5.99. Those who have already download the pack at that time will be required to purchase it in order to continue using it. Further map packs are planned for the future.

ZEDGE
06-27-2006, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Bill Cosby

There were 20,000 plus playing when I was playing it.

Its up there with CS for the number of players.

Its the number one online title for ps2.

ZEDGE
06-27-2006, 09:19 PM
There is also a new Socom game coming for ps2.

I still think its one of the best console shooters out there. :thumbsup:

http://socomblog.typepad.com/socom/2006/05/announcing_soco.html

Co-op would rock.

SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Combined Assault:

SOCOM: U.S.Navy SEALs Combined Assault offers all new 4-player cooperative gameplay and classic 32-player competitive gameplay. Both multiplayer game modes will have an expansive list of community features - including friends list, chat functionality, a detailed ranking structure, expanded stat tracking and more.
Mission design, layout and enemy behavior will allow you to decide how to approach a given enemy, whether through stealth or raw offense.
Enemy behavior has been enhanced to make them more tactical, intelligent and deadly. Vehicle driving behavior has also been improved for more realistic movement and decision-making.
New weapons, including non-lethals such as tear gas, pepper spray projectiles and concussion ordinance, and defensive equipment such as flak vests.
3 vehicle classes including the light, agile but vulnerable Recon class, the fast Support class, that focuses on troop transport, and the heavily armed and armored but slow Armor class.
SOCOM: U.S.Navy SEALs Combined Assault and SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo 2 both take place in the same massive area of operation with an in-depth, unified story arc.
Crosstalk functionality between SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Combined Assault and SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo 2 will be enhanced through cinematics, voice-over, in-game cut scenes and action events that combine the efforts of both SEAL teams, in addition to numerous unlockables.

Sharpie
06-27-2006, 09:27 PM
Socom is by far the best shooter game out there. Plus you dont have alot of annoying british people on it

ZEDGE
06-28-2006, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Sharpie
Socom is by far the best shooter game out there. Plus you dont have alot of annoying british people on it

LOL

I find them much less annoying than the racist red neck yanks that frequent xbox live anyway.. :D Its "N' this and "N" that..

Thankfully they are the minority, most people are pretty cool, American or otherwise.

Bill Cosby
06-28-2006, 08:52 AM
i used to play socom a lot i didnt even know there was a 3rd!

haha damn too bad i dont have a ps2 anymore

toyboy88
06-28-2006, 11:16 AM
socom by far the best "war" game on ps2 IMO

Bill Cosby
06-28-2006, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by toyboy88
socom by far the best "war" game on ps2 IMO \
theres definetly nothing else good enough in that genre for the ps2