PDA

View Full Version : Question abot parking patrol

Clever
06-28-2006, 12:16 AM
Tonight my neighbor was talking to parking patrol as I was parking my car . He(parking patrol) was told that one of our neighbors complained about his car not having registration on his vehicle and as a favor to him by the parking patrol officer, he asked my neighbor to move his car and park it on his property or his vehicle was getting towed, the thing is he lives in a duplex that does not have parking spot and he parks on the road with a permit, he told me that he had some unpaid tickets and that's why he didn't renew his registration yet. So does parking patrol have that authority? Is it true that if your car is not registered your insurance is not valid? That was what the parking patrol officer told us, just need confirmation on that.

I have a spot in the alley that I don't use so I let my neighbor use it until he gets his shit straight.

xDiMSuMx
06-28-2006, 12:23 AM
if the car isn't registered, it has to be on private property
that means he can't be in the alley either
don't see why insurance wouldn't be valid though

Clever
06-28-2006, 08:03 AM
I have a parking space behind my house that I don't use, so he's not in the alley, just to clarify.

MudDestroyer
06-28-2006, 08:09 AM
as long as you pay your insurance it dont matter if its not registerd.your vehicle is still insured

DayGlow
06-28-2006, 10:25 AM
insurance and registration are 2 different things. But you still need registration to be on the road (parked or driving). It can be towed by parking control, or if he is stopped while driving he can be towed from there as well.