PDA

View Full Version : *Limo / Chauffeur companies in Calgary?

Godfuader
06-28-2006, 11:17 AM
As the title states. Anyone know of any Limo companies or Chauffeurs that you can refer to me. For the next few months I will be needing one roughly every second week between my house and the airport. I prefer to have the same driver/company to meet me at the airport for my trips to maintain efficiency. Extended sedans are what I am looking for and cabs will end up being a last resort.

Wishful thinking: anyone know any agencies in Vancouver and Toronto?

-Thanks

AllGoNoShow
06-28-2006, 11:28 AM
Graham is the operator of an extended sedan I believe, he will most definatly be able to help you out or help you find somehwere else.

Dj_Stylz
06-28-2006, 11:30 AM
Yeah PM Graham_A_M

3G
06-28-2006, 11:33 AM
852-4214 Bazz, I believe he mostly drives an excursion but an extended sedan probably shouldnt be a problems

Godfuader
06-29-2006, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Dj_Stylz
Yeah PM Graham_A_M

Done.

Thanks for the replies guys. Will be calling around. Looks like for my flight tomorrow morning the assitant has called Allied Limos. Anyone used them before?

dankish1
06-29-2006, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by 3G
852-4214 Bazz, I believe he mostly drives an excursion but an extended sedan probably shouldnt be a problems

bazz is a good guy. i was working one night downtown with a buddy who knew him. and he gave us a ride home in the limo.
would very much recomend him
they have a few excrusicons and sedans

Godfuader
06-29-2006, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by 3G

He gave me another # to call and they no longer have anything less than 8-seaters. Thanks for the tip though:thumbsup:

Graham_A_M
06-29-2006, 03:57 PM
HI guys. I guess I must post in the "careers" section lots, I'm really surprised anybody knew. We'll I'm a former limo driver. After 4 years I left Ambassador Limousine as a fleet manager/Chauffeur, as of three weeks ago. I'll probably be going back though since the flexablilty and money can't be beat :dunno: meh, we'll see. But call up Allied Limousine as well at 299-9555 or call Ambassador Limo at 299-4910, they will probably have differing rates. Ambassador is a LOT more dependable and professional though, thats for sure, and the vehicles are practically brand new.

BTW, G3, is that a yellow taxi and its driver in your sig?

LMAO, thats frickin' hilarious if it is:bigpimp:

Godfuader
07-11-2006, 04:26 PM
Just got back from my meetings. I called Ambassador the night before my flight at around 11pm and they were closed:dunno: Ended up using Allied and they sent a nice stretch Lincoln sedan. Heres a question: I normally tip cabs around $5, now this limo driver grabs my luggage, loads it onto a trolley, and opens my door...how much more should I be tipping him. I did $12 the last time.

freakin
07-11-2006, 04:30 PM
If you're still looking, Moonracer is a limo driver as well. Not sure what company he works for though.

Graham_A_M
07-11-2006, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Godfuader
Just got back from my meetings. I called Ambassador the night before my flight at around 11pm and they were closed:dunno: Ended up using Allied and they sent a nice stretch Lincoln sedan. Heres a question: I normally tip cabs around $5, now this limo driver grabs my luggage, loads it onto a trolley, and opens my door...how much more should I be tipping him. I did $12 the last time.

Thats hilarious, since I'm now working for Allied Limo... and their open 24 hours a day. Ambassador's office closes at 11:30.. after that its an on call phone.

$12 is plenty. Who was the Chauffeur? it sounds like he was quite professional. :thumbsup:

Its the standard to get the door when you get in, and when you get out. Its also standard that the chauffeur gets the luggage. Anywhere between $5-15 is the norm.. given the bill is between $30-70. Basically.... as a good rule: always tip at LEAST 15% of the total bill.
So a $70 limo trip would connotate a $11 tip (as an example) 20% is basically the industry norm, mind you if a chauffeur is awful.. forget a tip.. but if he/she went WAY beyond their means then by all means tip at your discretion. But dont be an idiot and over-extend yourself. Some people try to impress their date by tipping 100% of the total bill... when the chauffeur did only what was expected; nothing more. :nut: Dont get me wrong I LOVE it when people peel off the bills.. but for YOU the paying customer; its usually a stupid idea; unless you have disposable income falling out of your ying-yang We get paid a fair bit as is.. exorbidant tips aren't expected unless your an American. :D

hope that helps.