PDA

View Full Version : best shop for fixing/servicing sr20det engines

asp integra
06-28-2006, 11:19 AM
what is the best place to go in calgary for fixing imported nissan engines? the certigard that was trying to fix my car said they dont know how to fix the sr20 and he said i should try a nissan or japanese specialty shop, where is a good place to go to get my engine fixed? thanks

trieu
06-28-2006, 11:24 AM
autodream?

Lo)2enz0
06-28-2006, 11:25 AM
auto dream will probably be your best bet

craigcd
06-28-2006, 11:25 AM
Depending on what it is AUTODREAM.

Most shops should be able to work on your car its just a Nissan engine turboed. Same as a G20 SR20DE...but turboed (basically).

Vietsta
06-28-2006, 11:36 AM
the nissian pros = autodream

rc2002
06-28-2006, 11:47 AM
What kind of work do you need done on the engine? You should try Spec's auto. There's a guy there that has built and raced tons of SR20 engines. I got him to do work on my SR20 after the swap.

asp integra
06-28-2006, 01:51 PM
to be honest, i dont know what the problem is, and thats the problem, i need to find out why it isnt running good, it goes for a few minutes fine then something happens and starts to putter and the revs jump up and down and it will die, and i just need to find what the problem is so i can fix it, maybe a diagnostic check would work, but the certaguard i took it too could asses the problem

asp integra
06-28-2006, 02:06 PM
i just got off the phone with the guy at certaguard, and he said that the engine itself runs perfectly fine, but the wiring or the computer has something that is screwing up and cause the rpms to jump and make the car act all funny, so i just need a shop or someone who is really good at wiring up or fixing (checking) the computer to see where the problem lies.

three.eighteen.
06-28-2006, 04:19 PM
have you checked/changed your o2 sensor?

thesmackdown
06-28-2006, 05:08 PM
Have you checked the codes on your ecu yet. It will spit out diagnostic codes to tell you what is wrong. In this case, honestly your coolant temp sensor is fawked. This is what it sounds like as sr motors do this when the sensor gets messed up. they will run nicely until a certain point and then run like crap.

But the question, do you know how to check your codes. Do not take it to autodream. If you start doing that now you will be doing it your entire life and will spending a fortune every time you need to get anything done to the motor. Autodream does good work but honestly you need to learn to fix that motor or you will be screwd. SR motors will make a lot of power and do it well but typically you will get used to working on that motor. If you plan on having somebody else fix it forever then take it to nguyen at autodream and beg him for his help.

checking the diagnostic codes on the ecu though is the fastest way for the ecu to tell you exactly what is wrong. Take a small screw driver and turn the white nob on your ecu back and forth and you will see the little red light flash, counts the flashes.