PDA

View Full Version : Kaz Hirai: PS3 games won't be $100USD.

Xtrema
06-28-2006, 02:55 PM
But that's all he's sure of.....

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/ps3/ps3-games-blingbling-expensive-183882.php#more

heavyD
06-28-2006, 03:31 PM
Blu-ray is new technology. It's going to cost more to make & produce the Blu-ray discs compared to regular DVD. Expect all PS3 games to retail at $75-$80 at launch.

Dren
06-28-2006, 05:20 PM
Ouch...thats going to be $$$$$ system and games!

Bill Cosby
06-30-2006, 01:54 PM
haha have fun paying 1000 for a ps3 with 2 controllers and 1-2 games

deadsoulasis
07-03-2006, 07:14 PM
From bill cosby: have fun paying 1000 for a ps3 with 2 controllers and 1-2 games

gladly will ..just too bad formula 1 06 wont get released on launch ..or MGS4 ..well or ..GT5 ..

403Gemini
07-03-2006, 08:09 PM
all PS3 games that even look remotly promising is just fucking sequels. nothing new or ground breaking.

listen to this guy

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8408155466872601103&q=playstation+3+games

its all fucking sequels

frostyda9
07-03-2006, 08:31 PM
If I could get GT5 for PC I'd raise two arms to Sony and put one middle finger on each hand up. But I guess that's the point eh? Proprietary console releases and overzealous security measures. I hope Sony goes bankrupt for seemingly trying to monopolize every new technology/product it develops :thumbsdow

deadsoulasis
07-03-2006, 09:06 PM
I can see everyone loves Sony *LOL* (that cat always makes me laugh)

well Microsoft has been monopolizing the world wide for over 10 years with windows ..anyhow

Motorstorm isnt a sequel.(has a 720P video ..39 minute video
that makes 360 games not look too hot to me...)

And I love how Linux is gunna be shipped on the 60 gig drive as well ...throw in the fact ..there letting people create various things for it ...thats something microsoft wont let you do on 360..

What about larger drives?Sony lets you add unlimited ammount of hard disk space ...thats a bonus right there for alot of people ...including me..(20 gigs is nothing nowadays)

Sony already has HUB half done as of june 27th ...(Its gunna make 360 marketplace and online look like dreamcast)

Sure there is alot of sequels..but there's alot from top games I feel mostly ....I think will switch there mind more when they see it running on a HDTV ..even at 720P...not 1080P(xbox360 cant do as well)...I beli
eve its gunna surprise alot of people

The most hated part to it ..On PS3 is the -price- of it ...well if you take in account everything you get and the Cell.(true next gen)GPU (that outdoes 360) 7 threads on die for coding(3 on 360)
Memory that surpasses 360 in the end for the programming.([email protected] not 400mtz like xbox360)
And a blu-ray drive for under $700 (retail for stand alone's are way more then that)

But ...even taking away the specs side of it ...

I dont believe the PS3 will fail ..the best thing it has going for it ..is Linux and the freedom to customize too much to list.Just wait and see..(just like they did with all the crazy stuff people did with PSP)

Chang3 is ev3rything..and by november ...people will see it clearer.

eblend
07-04-2006, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by deadsoulasis
I can see everyone loves Sony *LOL* (that cat always makes me laugh)

well Microsoft has been monopolizing the world wide for over 10 years with windows ..anyhow

Motorstorm isnt a sequel.(has a 720P video ..39 minute video
that makes 360 games not look too hot to me...)

And I love how Linux is gunna be shipped on the 60 gig drive as well ...throw in the fact ..there letting people create various things for it ...thats something microsoft wont let you do on 360..

What about larger drives?Sony lets you add unlimited ammount of hard disk space ...thats a bonus right there for alot of people ...including me..(20 gigs is nothing nowadays)

Sony already has HUB half done as of june 27th ...(Its gunna make 360 marketplace and online look like dreamcast)

Sure there is alot of sequels..but there's alot from top games I feel mostly ....I think will switch there mind more when they see it running on a HDTV ..even at 720P...not 1080P(xbox360 cant do as well)...I beli
eve its gunna surprise alot of people

The most hated part to it ..On PS3 is the -price- of it ...well if you take in account everything you get and the Cell.(true next gen)GPU (that outdoes 360) 7 threads on die for coding(3 on 360)
Memory that surpasses 360 in the end for the programming.([email protected] not 400mtz like xbox360)
And a blu-ray drive for under $700 (retail for stand alone's are way more then that)

But ...even taking away the specs side of it ...

I dont believe the PS3 will fail ..the best thing it has going for it ..is Linux and the freedom to customize too much to list.Just wait and see..(just like they did with all the crazy stuff people did with PSP)

Chang3 is ev3rything..and by november ...people will see it clearer.

your delusional
where have you been the last 3 month where sony been digging itself into a huge hole that I for one hope it can't get out of

everything your saying is what has been said year and a half ago about ps3, things changed greatly since then and all you said has been challenged and doesn't look so hot.

RiCE-DaDDy
07-04-2006, 03:38 AM
I especially love it when Ken and his Sony buddies keep on telling us "too expensive?? you should be happy that the PS3 is only 700!!!" hahaha

oh the arrogance.

deadsoulasis
07-04-2006, 07:44 AM
From eblend:your delusional
where have you been the last 3 month
(working & testing hardware)

things have not switched too much ..
besides the HDMI being bumped to 1.3.(no HDMI on 360)
the big fuss on the blu-ray-HD-DVD war.
(ps3 USB you can add any sort of drive,be it CD,DVDR,low and behold....a HD-DVD-Drive)

And its already been confirmed from LinuxCellTeam(I know cause im a member/beta tester on it)The dashboard alone runs circles around the 360 (can not comment more)

As of June 2006
Cell on PS3 (current value-$923.20)
GPU-($518.45)
Blu-Ray Drive ($898.83)
$2340.48 canadian dollars
$700 FOR A ps3...
Its still priced correct for the hardware you get.Just because its more advanced then 360 (by a long shot).You got to pay for technology..just as people do with plasma TV'S..for a example ........................live with it....:drama:

heavyD
07-04-2006, 08:16 AM

Its still priced correct for the hardware you get.Just because its more advanced then 360 (by a long shot).

Dude you should get your facts straight. Most developers have been saying that the hardware differences are a wash. The ATI GPU in the 360 is considered better than the Nvidia GPU in the PS3 and since the cell is unknown, how can you make such a claim? If the cell was so good why did Apple decide not to use it (Steve Jobs slammed it bascially saying its garbage) even when IBM was trying to give it away? Do an internet search on the cell processor and the word 'disappointing' is the adjective that most often comes up. You do know about the cooling issues Sony is having with it right now don't you? The reason that many developers don't have dev kits yet. People can use Linux on a PC, why are you making such a big deal about the PS3 coming with it? Analysts are telling their clients to expect the worst for PS3 so maybe you know something that analysts don't?

Honesestly aren't we past the fanboyism stuff yet? It's okay to state your preference but please don't make up all this great stuff about a console you haven't even used yet.

deadsoulasis
07-04-2006, 08:27 AM
The ATI GPU in the 360 is considered better than the Nvidia GPU in the PS3 and since the cell is unknown, how can you make such a claim?
(PS3 clock rate is higher,confimed 102.3mtz more to be exact)

If the cell was so good why did Apple decide not to use it (Steve Jobs slammed it bascially saying its garbage) even when IBM was trying to give it away?
(Apple didnt for the fact of compatiblity issues,IBM wasnt giving it away)

You do know about the cooling issues Sony is having with it right now don't you?
(yes,just as 360's do as well,intercooler ring a bell in your head?)

The reason that many developers don't have dev kits yet.

(thats funny cause more do now in the past month,including a guy I know and talk to in germany)

People can use Linux on a PC, why are you making such a big deal about the PS3 coming with it?

(I use Linux everyday,I didnt say its big deal but in the end.It will be a huge advance in terms of what the console can do to the end user)

Honesestly aren't we past the fanboyism stuff yet? It's okay to state your preference but please don't make up all this great stuff about a console you haven't even used yet.

(Isnt a fanboy,I know Im more on the sony side of it but at least they did some things right)

Its funny how more xbox 360's get sent back to Microsoft each and every day...mine included
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWW6YZKIKIk&search=ps3
:drama:

rage2
07-04-2006, 09:13 AM
I don't know too much about the console wars, but I do know enough about other crap to tell you where you're wrong.

I think will switch there mind more when they see it running on a HDTV ..even at 720P...not 1080P(xbox360 cant do as well)...I believe its gunna surprise alot of people
I've been a HDTV junkie for a few years now. Hell, I even consider myself an expert. If you think that *anything* 720p will look better than 1080i (note I said 1080i and not 1080p) you're delusional. I've posted extensively on deinterlacing on here, and why 1080i properly deinterlaced will look much better than anything 720p. 1080i is very close to 1080p on a 1080p display.

PS3 clock rate is higher,confimed 102.3mtz more to be exact
This just goes to show you know absolutely nothing. Don't you know by now that clockrate doesn't mean anything?

heavyD
07-04-2006, 09:13 AM
You isn't a fanboy? What did Sony do right besides alienate a large margin of playstation adopters with a price that only people with disposeable income can afford? Including an expensive Blu-ray drive that gamers never wanted? Copy everything Microsoft has already done with Xbox Live? Copy Nintendo's motion sensing & remove the popular force feedback? Have a terrible 2006 E3 where PS3 games looked no better and many worse than 360 games?

Oh and Apple didn't decide against the cell due to compatibility reasons. You should read what he and others have said about the cell.

The PS3 will sell out at launch like every other console but after the initial launch & the hardcore fans have their PS3 who is going to be forking over $700 for a system that will have less games available than the 360? The Nintendo DS has destroyed the more expensive PSP in sales as casual gamers always opt for the lesser expensive means to get good games so you would have thought Sony would have learned from this.

deadsoulasis
07-04-2006, 09:22 AM
who is going to be forking over $700 for a system that will have less games available than the 360?

I will and 360 had over a year's start on the games compared to Sony.Thats not very fair.(start counting up all the PS2 games world wide and now count the games for Xbox1,huge difference)

Nintendo DS has destroyed the more expensive PSP in sales as casual gamers always opt for the lesser expensive means to get good games so you would have thought Sony would have learned from this.

I thought DS was too kiddish for me. *shrugs*

Quote:This just goes to show you know absolutely nothing. Don't you know by now that clockrate doesn't mean anything?

It does not mean much besides the rate in which is drawn to screen.True.But the fact is 1080P looks far better then 1080i
Thats reality.Not that alot of people have TV's that support it ..yet...

Sony is also thinking 5 years down the road as well...

Xtrema
07-04-2006, 09:55 AM
Sony is also thinking 5 years down the road as well...

No point defending your fanboyism. Solid proof has already ruled PS3 is at best on par with 360 with 1 less year in depreciation cycle. Dev kit is horrible for PS3 compare to 360. The only saving grace of PS3 is that Japanese will back Japanese. Developers will continue support it and keep it alive.

rage2
07-04-2006, 09:58 AM
It does not mean much besides the rate in which is drawn to screen.
lol

But the fact is 1080P looks far better then 1080i
Thats reality.Not that alot of people have TV's that support it ..yet...
lol x 2.

A lot of people have 1080p displays. Hell, i have 2 of them in my house. I'm a certified ISF calibrator. I have 1080i content as well as 1080p (very little) content. Believe me, 1080p looks the fucking same as 1080i on a TV with good deinterlacing. Even on a TV *without* good deinterlacing, the difference is marginal. That is fucking reality.

Far better? Have you even seen real HDTV yet? I'm talking about everything HDTV down the chain. From Source material all the way down to the display.

deadsoulasis
07-04-2006, 10:06 AM
I seen HDTV at 1080P...it looked better in my eyes

To me it looks far cleaner ....but I do like how im called a fanboy when I basically owned almost every console...(most of which are sold now though)

And I didnt make much of a fuss on the whole rez. situation...
In fact I prefer a monitor (CRT) for gaming compared to a HDTV ...still looks clearer to me...

Not to mention cheaper.

deadsoulasis
07-04-2006, 10:27 AM
But not to take this whole sides on what looks better and whatnot

Take the new SED TV's coming out soon...again ..sharper and clearer then Plasma/HDTV...without taking res. into account...
anyhow.....but again ..at a higher cost? Hype will die down and prices will follow ...I am not a expert like rage.2 is ..im sure he knows more about TV' displays ...

Reality is everything gets old in time ...like people's brains and body's

heavyD
07-04-2006, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by rage2
Hell, i have 2 of them in my house. I'm a certified ISF calibrator.

That must be handy. Do you calibrate your TV's right out of the box as I know there can be a fair variance from TV to TV right from the factory? Also on your personal TV's do you keep the Sharpness setting all the way down while viewing HD sources or does it depend on the TV?

heavyD
07-04-2006, 07:59 PM
Its funny how more xbox 360's get sent back to Microsoft each and every day...mine included

What's your gamertag? If you can't provide one I vote for ban.:drama:

deadsoulasis
07-04-2006, 08:13 PM
I dont use a gamertag cuz im not on Xbox live anymore

heavyD
07-04-2006, 08:50 PM
I dont use a gamertag cuz im not on Xbox live anymore

You have a 360, you're online and not a member of Xbox Live? Dude you are a liar. Read off the S/N of your 360 then.

frostyda9
07-04-2006, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by RiCE-DaDDy
I especially love it when Ken and his Sony buddies keep on telling us "too expensive?? you should be happy that the PS3 is only 700!!!" hahaha

oh the arrogance.

:werd: How many single moms/working poor families are going to be able to drop 700 bones on a console? Then add a few games on, some accessories, and you're close to a grand. It seems like gaming is moving more and more towards the adult crowd. I can't fault manufacturers for needing to recoup their costs in production, but it's getting to be a pretty elitist hobby, IMO. I would guess everyone in this thread is lucky enough to be able to afford luxuries like a PS3, but companies are going to need a reality check pretty soon when they start to put their consoles out of the reach of Joe Average and his family.

rage2
07-04-2006, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by heavyD
That must be handy. Do you calibrate your TV's right out of the box as I know there can be a fair variance from TV to TV right from the factory? Also on your personal TV's do you keep the Sharpness setting all the way down while viewing HD sources or does it depend on the TV?
For microdisplays (plasma, DLP, LCD, LCOS) there's surprisingly very little variance between sets. CRT is a totally different beast. With my settings that I've done for my TV's, you can get 95% accuracy, good enough where you really can't tell the difference. There's also very little difference between out of the box calibration and measured a month or 2 later. 1-2% from my experience, and I watch a lot of TV so there's a lot of hours on it. It'll deviate a bit more though when the bulb begins to fade, the last 20% of the bulb's life, but at that point you got a new bulb in there and everything's back to normal.

As for sharpness, it's all a personal preference. For HD sources at 1080i, both ways the human eye can't really tell the difference if you're sitting far enough back. For 720p (where I set sharpness) I have it set so the harsh pixel edges gets slightly blurred, this gives a really sharp look to the whole picture without showing hard edges. For 480i inputs where it's an MPEG source, sharpness is all the way to minimum to reduce mpeg artifacting, which creates very harsh edges. For analog sources such as basic cable, I have sharpness pretty high up to enhance the image.

:hijack:

Sharpie
07-04-2006, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by frostyda9

:werd: How many single moms/working poor families are going to be able to drop 700 bones on a console? Then add a few games on, some accessories, and you're close to a grand. It seems like gaming is moving more and more towards the adult crowd. I can't fault manufacturers for needing to recoup their costs in production, but it's getting to be a pretty elitist hobby, IMO. I would guess everyone in this thread is lucky enough to be able to afford luxuries like a PS3, but companies are going to need a reality check pretty soon when they start to put their consoles out of the reach of Joe Average and his family.
How many single moms/working poor families own a x-box 360? They are what.. $500 plus games?:rolleyes:

I dont care I have been a playstation fanboy since ps1 and I will continue till they stop making them. Fuck x-box:D

403Gemini
07-04-2006, 11:57 PM
First off, deadsoulasis, learn how to use the QUOTE feature on the forum. reading your posts is like reading a grade 2's paper about their summer vacation. its sparadic and all over the place. frankly, it gives me a headache.

Second, ps3 will bomb. It over promised and underdelivered.

are you telling me this is better than xbox 360?

http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2006/128/928302_20060509_screen003.jpg

hell no. thats JUST AS GOOD. I remeber seeing the "preview" last year from e3 of tekken. it looked DEADLY. then when they show what the game is actually like, it is a flop.

also, for a good laugh:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IH2w2l1JTs4&search=Sony%20lowlights%20press%20conference

dont think ive laughed that hard in awhile. yes, duh, its spliced, but it proves a good point. Theres nothing groundbreaking with the ps3. and blue ray? has it even been solidified that blue ray will be the new leading technology?

heavyD
07-05-2006, 07:51 AM
This deadsoulasis guy should get a warning for lying that his 360 had to get repaired even though he doesn't have one. It's one thing to be a Sony fanboy but please don't lie and take people on these boards as idiots. It's well documented that some of the launch 360's had issues and many had to be repaired or replaced. This is not news. At least Microsoft's customer service has aknoweledged the issues and promptly services the customer unlike Sony which never admitted that the PS2 was defective even when it knew they were. When they lose a class action lawsuit their answer is a free (lame) game. Like how they lost the forced feedback lawsuit to immersion. Instead of taking the high road and paying for patents they infringed like Microsoft, Sony appeals and removes force feedback from the PS3 controller. Things like this plus their arrogance have soured many on Sony.

deadsoulasis
07-05-2006, 09:43 AM
HeavyD: You have a 360, you're online and not a member of Xbox Live? Dude you are a liar. Read off the S/N of your 360 then.

I do have silver Live ...never use it ..Id rather play games on
DVD+DL..thats my choice(true,legal backup's..there is a difference ...I hate Live.

[Quote]Second, ps3 will bomb. It over promised and underdelivered.

are you telling me this is better than xbox 360?
(thats one game,The playable Motorstorm outshines anything 360 in my eyes.You havent seen it running besides a video,I have seen it on my computer real time straight from dev kit hardware,again......im allowed to have my own thoughts)

[Quote]yes, duh, its spliced, but it proves a good point. Theres nothing groundbreaking with the ps3. and blue ray? has it even been solidified that blue ray will be the new leading technology?

(neither is HD-DVD...i wasnt saying blu-ray to win.Merely saying 50 gigs is better then DVD9.People desire space,like hard drives,thats reality)

This deadsoulasis guy should get a warning for lying that his 360 had to get repaired even though he doesn't have one. (Havent lied ,and I have 3, but 2 of them are apart and hooked up to my laptop for testing,LED,case mod,liquid cooling,dont assume too much here)

[Quote]Sony which never admitted that the PS2 was defective
(thats funny cause id had a PS2 since day 1 and works perfectly)

[Quote]PS3 will bomb
cute how it bombed when its not even November yet
:dunno:

[Quote]Sony appeals and removes force feedback from the PS3 controller.
cute again,but guess what,Logitech will make one,surprise,surprise

People pay $3000+ for a plasma,people pay 3000+ for a top of the line computer,yet ....

people complain at a 200 buck price difference,its acually amazing
(but yet have ZERO trouble paying 200 bucks for Live for >3 years,$100's in games,$100 for wireless network,and im sure $100 for HD-DVD add on)

blows me away

rvd
07-05-2006, 09:45 AM
where can I pre-order ps3 in Calgary?

deadsoulasis
07-05-2006, 09:49 AM
http://www.ps3preorder.net/

spyce
07-05-2006, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by rvd
where can I pre-order ps3 in Calgary?

are you not allowed to preorder at eb games?
when is the official release date here anyways? :dunno:

deadsoulasis
07-05-2006, 10:00 AM
Phone up and ask them
November 17th 2006.

heavyD
07-05-2006, 10:14 AM
(Havent lied ,and I have 3, but 2 of them are apart and hooked up to my laptop for testing,LED,case mod,liquid cooling,dont assume too much here)

You have three? Then why did you edit your previous post to remove the text that said yours was repaired after I called you out?

Let me get this straight. You paid for three 360's even though you hate the 360 and Xbox Live & you are wetting your pants about the PS3? That's alot of money to waste on a console that you don't like or play considering you drive a Cavalier.

Please just come clean that you don't have a 360 as the more you lie the worse it looks.:thumbsdow

deadsoulasis
07-05-2006, 11:02 AM
Your free to come over HeavyD and find out
One was repaired cause I dropped it down the stairs...

drive a Cavalier(acually I sold that on here)

vc-kev
07-05-2006, 11:06 AM
Phone up and ask them
November 17th 2006.

correction November 17th 2008

deadsoulasis
07-05-2006, 11:10 AM
From gamasutra.com:

The PS3 E-Distribution service, which will clearly compete with Microsoft's successfully launched Xbox Live Arcade service for the Xbox 360, is currently in the pre-production stages, and Gamasutra got a chance to talk to the project's John Hight, Director of External Production at SCEA Santa Monica, about his role heading up the project.

Firstly, Hight discussed some of the advantages of PlayStation 3 E-Distribution from Sony's point of view, noting: "Certainly being able to sell globally on-line makes it easier to reach international and remote markets. On the business side, it also lowers our cost of sales and eliminates inventory risk. It should help curtail used
game sales and piracy."

Most interestingly, when asked whether there is any concept of exclusivity, or can Xbox Live Arcade titles be ported to PS3 E-Distribution and vice versa, Hight comments pointedly: "We're looking for fresh, new ideas that fully exploit the power of PlayStation 3. Our 1st party projects are all unique to PS3. Some of our games, by virtue of their design and hardware demands, simply couldn't work on Xbox 360."

Finally, when asked what developers who would like to get their games E-Distributed do to come to the attention of Sony, Hight explained: "Create a high concept or, better yet, build a working prototype of
their game. Then register on our developer website www.playstation.com/beyond."
The PlayStation Beyond submission site has been online since GDC 2006, when Sony's Phil Harrison announced its presence, and explains further of the concept: "The E-Distribution Initiative (EDI) will provide an alternative publishing opportunity for the direct download of games and other content to the user. The EDI will be managed by Sony Computer Entertainment's development and studio organizations in North America, Europe, Japan and Asia (collectively known as SCE Worldwide Studios)."

Sony's submission website also notes: "Partnerships resulting from EDI will allow the developers' downloadable games to be published for individual purchase or subscription over SCE's direct distribution methods", indicating that the company may be considering subscription-based method of consuming content, as well as individual downloads. Gamasutra will continue to cover Sony's foray into digital distribution as more information comes to light.

nope its 2006,Final spec dev kits are being sent out July 21st so
Dont make fake dates.

blue Zed
07-05-2006, 01:38 PM
I find that super store always comes out faster then EB on games and consoles and sometimes cheeper, what ever release date EB states go to super store a month earlier.

deadsoulasis
07-06-2006, 08:36 AM
PS3 will not be a month early ,Its already pushing it with the november date...

Xtrema
07-06-2006, 08:47 AM
PS3 will not be a month early ,Its already pushing it with the november date...

I'm willing to bet PS3 will miss Christmas. If something as simple as a BR player get delayed 4 months, there's no way they can get PS3 out on time.

deadsoulasis
07-06-2006, 08:50 AM
I am so betting Sony Will have it by november ..ill bet 500 right now...so ill do one better ...Ill buy you a PS3 if im wrong
You have to buy me one

deal Xtrema? you seriously think on that one....

deadsoulasis
07-06-2006, 09:57 AM
not brave enough huh Xtrema? :D

thats what I thought :burnout:

deadsoulasis
07-06-2006, 10:13 AM
come on Xtrema ...im dying to hear your answer *rotflmao*

deadsoulasis
07-06-2006, 10:26 AM
http://games.kikizo.com/news/200607/018.asp

Just say no You dont wanna bet me :) thats all I wanna hear Xtrema ... :D

403Gemini
07-06-2006, 08:29 PM
hey faggot,

not everybody trolls this part of the forum whoring it up with with rhetoric and sony propaganda. you're seriously getting on my fucking nerves.

oh, and learn english fuck tard. if you're so intelligent learn how to use the god damn quote feature on this forum.

deadsoulasis
07-06-2006, 08:36 PM
Dont get your panties in a bunch 403Wayne'sWorld
Ill make sure ill learn english better though ...thank you :)

(As soon as fuck tard is a real word) :rolleyes: